Base Locations

Taconite

Im going to start off and say that i am an xbox player who is a part of a 20 member tribe with around 8-10 active players. We are planning on taking a Ragnarok server when the new ones come out and I am looking for good locations strategically and practically so that we can simply go straight there and claim the land before anyone else can without having to live the beach life until finding a good location.

It needs to be dangerous, meaning a naked troll with a bat is gonna have a hard time getting to us and even a tribe looking to raid us should have some issues with the pve aspects of the location. 

It must have water access for cookers and water taps. This doesn't mean it has to be on the ocean side just needs to be near water that we can tap although oceanside would be nice so we can incorporate a water pen into our actual base since disconnected water pens are hard to defend.

It must be close to all main resources; metal, oil, obsidian etc. 

based on what i have seen on these forums and what ive read on the wiki the arctic mountain area would be very fortifiable since it is the coldest place in the game as well as having a large portion of dangerous dinosaurs around it. The question i have is how doable is it? does it actually offer decent raid protection? Are there enough resources to sustain a large tribe? Are most essential tames close in proximity? 

There are two other places i had in mind, one is the plateau near blue ob with the underground cave system that leads to the ocean. My only issue with this is that it is very near viking bay and therefore a noob zone.

The other one is the plaines near the lighthouse. The wiki says that it is a very dangerous area where gigs and rex's are not uncommon and it is right next to the wyvern trench making getting and raising wyverns less of a travel.

Let me know what you guys think, where you built your base and why. Again, i have not played on ragnarok because I'm on xbox, all of my information comes from this forum, the wiki, and some youtube videos. Thanks

there are two ice areas. the most hostile one is the Murder Murder Snow area. It will require very good fur and fortitude to survive it. If you can secure the massive crystal cave, you can place Behemoth Gates at the two entrances and go from there. Not much else of note out there.

The second ice area sucks. It has resources, but no natural defensive areas except maybe the oil/crystal cave, but it has a bunch of entrances.

GL getting the plateau.

No rexes in the highlands and rarely any gigas once people move in. A few caves there to build in, one on the water with stalagmites (or tites?) that you can put tree platforms on. Wide open area other than that.

Other areas to check out are the canyons. Lots of pillar/plateaus there to build on for defensive purposes. The swamp island has some ruins that are nice and no one likes travelling thru the swamps. Redwoods has some plateaus and caves. Very hostile environment.

I havent checked out the new area that just opened up, but im told there is alot of flat areas that are defensible, tailor made for bases. Plus there is still more of the map to be revealed. Could be better spots out there that no one knows about yet.

Awesome, it's such a tedious process to find a good base location especially when I can't even look at the map yet. I did see a video that showcased the top of the waterfall near the canion, it seems like a very nice area both for farming and defense, has a height advantage, water source hopefully enough room for a full set of kibble Dino's as well as large barn for gigas and Rex's depending on how we set it up. I wish I new what caves had 6x damage since some of them are very simple and small but would make great outposts or breeding bases if they didn't take 6x

I would suggest the beach area between the lighthouse and redwoods area. U can get all resources nearby except for black pearls and cactus sap. It's pretty flat and close to the grasslands where gigas and titano spawns. Also close to the wyvern trench at the volcano so u can get wyvern eggs. There are also mantis there so u can kill them for organic polymer. But if ur looking for a more hidden and secured base location I suggest the cave under the lighthouse. There are stone pillars hanging from the ceiling there. U can build tree platforms on the pillars. Overall a great resource and base location

18 hours ago, JustSam said:

I would suggest the beach area between the lighthouse and redwoods area. U can get all resources nearby except for black pearls and cactus sap. It's pretty flat and close to the grasslands where gigas and titano spawns. Also close to the wyvern trench at the volcano so u can get wyvern eggs. There are also mantis there so u can kill them for organic polymer. But if ur looking for a more hidden and secured base location I suggest the cave under the lighthouse. There are stone pillars hanging from the ceiling there. U can build tree platforms on the pillars. Overall a great resource and base location

Awesome thank you

new area on the map by green obi. Some rock strewn SE type islands looks to be a great place for pvp bases. lots of switch back canyons. still need to check for the resources though.across the bay is a veritable Wyvern fun in the sun beach. Saw near twenty beasts flying over last night. after close inspection of the new rocky island area.while it'd be a good place for defensive bases it is resource poor for metal, obsidian and crystal from just a close fly over.will more likely appeal to anyone in pve using eco's mods and architecture mod packs.

Archived