"Wow what a mouthful."

Common Name: Fire Lizard

Group: Reptiles

Species: Ouroborus cataphractus flammarum

Time: Unknown

Diet: Insectivore, geophagic

Temperament: Lazy

armadillo_girdled_lizard_by_willemsvdmer

Wild: Originally when I heard tale of "fire breathing lizards" occupying the island's volcano's summit, I was naturally skeptical, until I nearly lost my eyebrows in a close encounter with one of them. The size of a small car, Fire Lizards are large, slow moving insectivores. They primarily eat insects, but have difficulty breaking down the island's insect's tough chitin, so they ingest large quantities of stone and sulfur to assist in digestion, resulting in a crockpot of volatile explosives in their belly. This species of lizard has evolved a special organ known as a "Spark Pouch" which houses a shard of flint to ignite their explosive eructation to defend themselves. Large, lazy, and grumpy when approached, Fire Lizards aren't much of a threat so long as you stay out of range of their fiery belches and avoid their spiny carapace.

Domesticated: Due to the fiery reactions within their bodies, Fire Lizards can function as natural forges, melting down and smelting raw metal into useable ingots. If allowed to build up, the explosive bile in a fire lizard's belly can be expelled in a firey blast to roast hostile creatures and people in short range. Their high body heat also makes them a natural space heater, requiring a thick saddle to prevent from "toasting a rider's buns". With their natural defense and flame attack, they make excellent defenders and guards.

Known information: Fire Lizards are slower at smelting metal than normal forges, but never run out of "fuel" and can smelt while on the move. Their flame attack doesn't do as much damage as a bite, but can burn a target over time for greater damage. They have about a 20 second "cooldown" between belches to allow their gasses to build back up. They can also curl up by biting their tails to tank damage, similarly to a Doedicurus.

Behavior:

Fire Lizards are docile, but will become hostile when touched, blasting whatever comes near with a burst of flame. They will quickly become docile afterwards, however, going back to lazing around on rocks. They are a passive tame, which is easy since they don't move much, but getting a face full of fire is rarely survivable.

Appearance: 

A large, armored lizard, about the size of a small car, covered in tough, spiky plates. They have large black eyes, and wide mouths. They have short, strong legs, and long spiky tails. They typically come in brown, beige, and tangerine, with some rarely in black or red.

Roles:

Walking Forge: They smelt metal in their bellies at half the rate of a normal Refining Forge, as long as they are at full Health and full Hunger.

Defender: They have great natural defense, and their short range flame attack is powerful for warding off creatures or guarding important installations.

Local Transport: Due to their high weight and stamina, they make great local transports, but due to how slow they are, they're not practical for long distance travel.

Notes:

Their flame attack would be similar to the Dragon's, but in a short blast rather than a stream.

They would move about as fast as a Sarco on land. Due to how hilariously lazy they are, their sprint only makes them go slightly faster.

Their Flame Breath is used by pressing the Secondary Fire button. The Flame Breath uses a significant chunk of stamina, and requires that the Lizard recharge for 20-30 seconds between bursts.

• 2 months later...
On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 7:37 PM, Leonhardt said:

"Wow what a mouthful."

Common Name: Fire Lizard

Group: Reptiles

Species: Ouroborus cataphractus flammarum

Time: Unknown

Diet: Insectivore, geophagic

Temperament: Lazy

http://img13.deviantart.net/c4de/i/2013/060/0/6/armadillo_girdled_lizard_by_willemsvdmerwe-d5wly4x.jpg

Wild: Originally when I heard tale of "fire breathing lizards" occupying the island's volcano's summit, I was naturally skeptical, until I nearly lost my eyebrows in a close encounter with one of them. The size of a small car, Fire Lizards are large, slow moving insectivores. They primarily eat insects, but have difficulty breaking down the island's insect's tough chitin, so they ingest large quantities of stone and sulfur to assist in digestion, resulting in a crockpot of volatile explosives in their belly. This species of lizard has evolved a special organ known as a "Spark Pouch" which houses a shard of flint to ignite their explosive eructation to defend themselves. Large, lazy, and grumpy when approached, Fire Lizards aren't much of a threat so long as you stay out of range of their fiery belches and avoid their spiny carapace.

Domesticated: Due to the fiery reactions within their bodies, Fire Lizards can function as natural forges, melting down and smelting raw metal into useable ingots. If allowed to build up, the explosive bile in a fire lizard's belly can be expelled in a firey blast to roast hostile creatures and people in short range. Their high body heat also makes them a natural space heater, requiring a thick saddle to prevent from "toasting a rider's buns". With their natural defense and flame attack, they make excellent defenders and guards.

Known information: Fire Lizards are slower at smelting metal than normal forges, but never run out of "fuel" and can smelt while on the move. Their flame attack doesn't do as much damage as a bite, but can burn a target over time for greater damage. They have about a 20 second "cooldown" between belches to allow their gasses to build back up. They can also curl up by biting their tails to tank damage, similarly to a Doedicurus.

Behavior:

Fire Lizards are docile, but will become hostile when touched, blasting whatever comes near with a burst of flame. They will quickly become docile afterwards, however, going back to lazing around on rocks. They are a passive tame, which is easy since they don't move much, but getting a face full of fire is rarely survivable.

Appearance: 

A large, armored lizard, about the size of a small car, covered in tough, spiky plates. They have large black eyes, and wide mouths. They have short, strong legs, and long spiky tails. They typically come in brown, beige, and tangerine, with some rarely in black or red.

Roles:

Walking Forge: They smelt metal in their bellies at half the rate of a normal Refining Forge, as long as they are at full Health and full Hunger.

Defender: They have great natural defense, and their short range flame attack is powerful for warding off creatures or guarding important installations.

Local Transport: Due to their high weight and stamina, they make great local transports, but due to how slow they are, they're not practical for long distance travel.

Notes:

Their flame attack would be similar to the Dragon's, but in a short blast rather than a stream.

They would move about as fast as a Sarco on land. Due to how hilariously lazy they are, their sprint only makes them go slightly faster.

Their Flame Breath is used by pressing the Secondary Fire button. The Flame Breath uses a significant chunk of stamina, and requires that the Lizard recharge for 20-30 seconds between bursts.

I'm guessing you based it off from the mysterious creature the devs showed us? Cool idea btw, really smart

Archived