closed - solved

Jim359

I may be wrong but I don't think so - from memory the SP save is a single file.

What you might be able to do is backup the file and delete it allowing you to start a new game. Theoretically speaking you then should be able to copy the old file in when ready and it should load the old save, though I haven't tested this. I'm at work so cant dig up the save file location details for you till I get home but perhaps someone else will in the mean time.

54 minutes ago, Jim359 said:

Ok, so I have a single-player game going.  Its been going for about 6 months or more.  I want to start a new one with some new options put in, but.....  I don't want to lose this current  6 month old game.  Is there a way to run two SP games?

thx

move island save into another folder...put back whenever you want to play it again..think of it like nintendo cassetes

now you have save A. move it to another folder in a safe palce. leave the ark save fodler empty[ can cut it]. start new game this will be save B. then move them as you wish

To add to the answer, it's under SteamLibrary > steamapps > common > Ark > ShooterGame > Saved

You're looking for the "SavedArksLocal" folder for The Island. Make a copy of that and assign it a name "game one" or whatever, and paste it somewhere else. I keep mine in a folder on my desktop. 

Deleting the "SavedArksLocal" folder and launching Ark will start a new game.

Whenever you want to switch, just make a copy of the game you're on and put it in your saves, delete the SavedArksLocal, then copy "gameone" back into the folder and rename it SavedArksLocal, and there you have it, the first game will load.

It's a little tedious, but it works. 

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Voidstar said:

move island save into another folder...put back whenever you want to play it again..think of it like nintendo cassetes

now you have save A. move it to another folder in a safe palce. leave the ark save fodler empty[ can cut it]. start new game this will be save B. then move them as you wish

Thank you

Archived