On 5/19/2017 at 11:07 PM, FullDeadProphet said:

Hey its Bob from your Island Server. I've updated to the lastest mods on the server now its not allowing me to enter your server. Its saying your server is out-of-date? or something along those lines.

Sorry for the delay! It's easier to catch me on discord. I try to keep my eye on the mod mismatch error as it's very common when mod developers update their mods. Either the player or the server then updates before the other, creating the issue. You can send me a message here or on discord if it occurs in the future.

On 5/2/2017 at 11:53 PM, Rahthos said:

Would this server cluster remain unwiped for the long term (at least 4 months)? Myself + 1 are looking to casually play ARK again since the game is getting close to being fully launched. He only has a few hours a day and myself more, so we are looking for something where that progress isn't lost in a month (unless forced due to massive changes by WC).

I myself am an achievement hunter, so part of my enjoyment is aimed towards the long-term at performing those various end-game oriented tasks like doing the bosses, finding all the notes/artifacts. I would be more aimed towards exploration/content conquering rather than building anything overly fancy, as I build weekly for the ARKitect contest already. Overall, we would be on more casually than every single day, hard for him to do tons in 3 hours, and I like to play other things alongside this.

SE is also something I have really been wanting to try out, how long would you figure you will keep that piece of the cluster around?

Thanks.

On 5/22/2017 at 2:10 AM, Wolf Angelus said:

Would this server cluster remain unwiped for the long term (at least 4 months)? Myself + 1 are looking to casually play ARK again since the game is getting close to being fully launched. He only has a few hours a day and myself more, so we are looking for something where that progress isn't lost in a month (unless forced due to massive changes by WC).

I myself am an achievement hunter, so part of my enjoyment is aimed towards the long-term at performing those various end-game oriented tasks like doing the bosses, finding all the notes/artifacts. I would be more aimed towards exploration/content conquering rather than building anything overly fancy, as I build weekly for the ARKitect contest already. Overall, we would be on more casually than every single day, hard for him to do tons in 3 hours, and I like to play other things alongside this.

SE is also something I have really been wanting to try out, how long would you figure you will keep that piece of the cluster around?

Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed response, but yes I would say they will be unwiped. Our goal is 15-20 active people per server, that way we don't have to do wipes and can look back at our creations and tames and feel good about them. Our building rules and such should help this and I will personally tear down the structures of those who quit for good if it means keeping the server spacious and fresh feeling. I'm not a fan of the whole wipe thing, but I will say that we may turn one of our servers into a PvP server towards the end of the summer. We plan to run all three servers until at least August and then possibly remove or change one of them.

I'm similar to you. I want to keep this going for a while to really experience the content, tackle the achieves, kill all the bosses, get great gear while also building and taming a bit. There's so much to do in this game and after two months of playing I feel like I've only really experienced about 40% of the total content.

If you're still interested we'd love to have you two.

Archived