Dinos due for a nerf

Lancelot

1 minute ago, LEDminer said:

Why not give the archa a warning call too? Since they flee when you approach them, it would fit.

And the ability to deploy them from your shoulder would make them more useful, compared to what they currently are.

Have it display it's wings in a warning gesture too.., I would actually tame one then..

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

You did mention the argie, but you didn't directly say that you used them. And more specifically, do you use them in PVP situations like you mentioned in that post? (Argie vs argie fight in the air)

I used to, before the nerf, because I didn't build argies just to pick, I built them to be maneuverable. there was some healthy strategy in there because I had low health, but I could move around a lot faster. Now, I don't because there's no strategy involved, nothing to pro/con everything is fixed in the way it functions.

I also have a pack of wolves. I love my wolves, but the pathing of taking just 2 out is a nightmare. I have to constantly stop, move to the other one, get it unsuck, go back, keep farming.. (oh, it got stuck again...)

on an Argent, I pick, kill move on; pick, kill, move on; etc. 

100% of the problem with LAND dinos is they're difficult to use, when using more than 1, and not fighting bosses. I would need to go digging REALLY far, but they said they didn't want you to only use ONE dino at a time, and this is a major issue now as the ability to move multiples is beyond tediously difficult

47 minutes ago, Zederia said:

I used to, before the nerf, because I didn't build argies just to pick, I built them to be maneuverable. there was some healthy strategy in there because I had low health, but I could move around a lot faster. Now, I don't because there's no strategy involved, nothing to pro/con everything is fixed in the way it functions.

I also have a pack of wolves. I love my wolves, but the pathing of taking just 2 out is a nightmare. I have to constantly stop, move to the other one, get it unsuck, go back, keep farming.. (oh, it got stuck again...)

on an Argent, I pick, kill move on; pick, kill, move on; etc. 

100% of the problem with LAND dinos is they're difficult to use, when using more than 1, and not fighting bosses. I would need to go digging REALLY far, but they said they didn't want you to only use ONE dino at a time, and this is a major issue now as the ability to move multiples is beyond tediously difficult

There is strategy in the flyer that you use.. They are separately fixed (as far as speed) but they still function differently depending on your choice..

I can take 3 to 4 wolves out with ease, it's called knowing the terrain and approaching obstacles the correct way.. basically, just because you aren't the best at something doesn't mean it can't be done or it isn't viable..

I actually try to take out multiple tames because you save more time then taking them out individually thus it is more efficient and I get far more done.. even with what you refer to as "difficult pathing"..

Just now, Zederia said:

that is where you're wrong, but you'll never think about it as you're so wrapped up in your own head you can't think outside of it.

I can't think?  You are ignorant af... go play single player, scrub.. you have difficulty taking out 2 wolves without getting stuck on everything,  you said so yourself.. you are the king of noobs.. l2p.. WC isn't gonna make the game easy for skilless "gamers" such as yourself..

Just now, Zederia said:

You're the ignorant one. what map do you play on? I bet you only play in a section of the island and don't consider anything else to be anything else. Take into consideration DLC and mod maps before you start calling people names

I play in the north snow biome/island.. I maneuver 4 wolves thru the rocks and trees with ease.. pvp too.. and I've played a bunch on scorched, pvp as well,  and scorched is even easier to maneuver thru.. I don't mod, xbox1, but I wouldn't mod anyway, I prefer officials.. anyone who can't move with two wolves is a straight up scrub.. l2p..

Just now, LEDminer said:

The flyers specialize in different tasks. Ptera is fast but low weight and health. Quetz is slow, but has high weight, allowing it to carry much more than the ptera. Tapejara has great mobility. Argie is in between ptera and quetz, and with its ability to attack the creature/player in its claws, makes it great for killing stuff.

Not all flyers should be "north to south in 2 mins" flyers.

Ptera is a one-trick pony right now, and scouting isn't something it's used for, it's FAR too slow for that.
I don't have a Tape yet, it's pretty hard to keep up with them on anything.
Quetz are great for long hauls, but they're still slow compared to wild ones.
Argent is pretty much THE flier of choice for me, but it moves really slow also

I don't think 2-3 min north to south is a thing that should be on all, but I do think SOMETHING should be able to do that.

3 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

I don't mod, xbox1, but I wouldn't mod anyway,

then you have 0 room to talk, as there is FAR more out there for PC than Xbox, and on a console your camera speed is fixed, PC it isn't. Just because you "don't mod" doesn't mean others cannot, and your narrowmindedness shows just how arrogant you are.

3 minutes ago, Zederia said:

Ptera is a one-trick pony right now, and scouting isn't something it's used for, it's FAR too slow for that.
I don't have a Tape yet, it's pretty hard to keep up with them on anything.
Quetz are great for long hauls, but they're still slow compared to wild ones.
Argent is pretty much THE flier of choice for me, but it moves really slow also

I don't think 2-3 min north to south is a thing that should be on all, but I do think SOMETHING should be able to do that.

Speed has nothing to do with scouting..

You ghillie/bola tape when they land..

Quetz are suppose to be slow..

Argy is definitely the new bread and butter flyer..

Wyvern only take a few minutes to get across the island.. mine has about 1k stam and I can fly,  unboosted, corner to corner without landing..

1 minute ago, Zederia said:

then you have 0 room to talk, as there is FAR more out there for PC than Xbox, and on a console your camera speed is fixed, PC it isn't. Just because you "don't mod" doesn't mean others cannot, and your narrowmindedness shows just how arrogant you are.

Mods are not a part of official servers and therefore are not a part of balance discussion or decisions.. that's with any game on any platform.. how ignorant are you? Officials are the same for pc and xbox1 apart from pc getting the new official content a little before console...

1 minute ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Speed has nothing to do with scouting..

You ghillie/bola tape when they land..

Quetz are suppose to be slow..

Argy is definitely the new bread and butter flyer..

Wyvern only take a few minutes to get across the island.. mine has about 1k stam and I can fly,  unboosted, corner to corner without landing..

Speed has EVERYTHING to do with scouting.

Tape don't land very often, and are very skittish

Quetz are not, according to the dossier, do read it?

Argy is a  good versitle flier, but it is not a "bread and butter" flier as you put it

Look, you're talking "TheIsland" again. Get it, not all people play on the island. There are (is only one right now) DLC maps. DLC which, btw, started from MODS

4 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

When talking about game balance, bringing up unofficial mod maps isn't viable. A mod map balanced around flying doesn't mean the official game should be balanced around that specific map.

As about the official maps, all of them can be played without flyers.

If a flyer were given this ability, this flyer should be nerfed in all other stats, making it a true one man fast travel mount. This mount should:

- Deal no damage, or very small amounts, to the point where it is not viable in fighting

- Have low weight, so you can't transport masses of materials from one end of the map to the other

- Have very low stamina regen, so it can't fly up to the north in 2 mins, then immediately return to the south

Otherwise, it becomes a one-trick-pony mount that can do everything.

Yeah, that's the only way I'd like to see something like that as well, if it can do anything else it will just become the goto for everything like Q and Pter pre nerf.

6 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

1: When talking about game balance, bringing up unofficial mod maps isn't viable. A mod map balanced around flying doesn't mean the official game should be balanced around that specific map.

As about the official maps, all of them can be played without flyers.

2: If a flyer were given this ability, this flyer should be nerfed in all other stats, making it a true one man fast travel mount. This mount should:

- Deal no damage, or very small amounts, to the point where it is not viable in fighting

- Have low weight, so you can't transport masses of materials from one end of the map to the other

- Have very low stamina regen, so it can't fly up to the north in 2 mins, then immediately return to the south

Otherwise, it becomes a one-trick-pony mount that can do everything.

1: I play on the center, actually. The map was designed around fliers, that was the official word before it became DLC, this started as a mod, so is it not viable to use it? Other maps will become official maps, I am 100% sure of this, should they not be considered? (and the center (of the map) can ONLY be reached by flying)

2: This is what the Ptera should have been to start with.I carry 150 lbs, tops, and that is what such a thing should be able to carry. and a scout should be able to move quickly, it should have no attack, low hp and move in and out quickly (this includes stamina regen)

2 minutes ago, Zederia said:

Speed has EVERYTHING to do with scouting.

Tape don't land very often, and are very skittish

Quetz are not, according to the dossier, do read it?

Argy is a  good versitle flier, but it is not a "bread and butter" flier as you put it

Look, you're talking "TheIsland" again. Get it, not all people play on the island. There are (is only one right now) DLC maps. DLC which, btw, started from MODS

The island is THE OFFICIAL MAP, and I would have no problem on the center or scorched either,  cause I'm smart and I know how to adapt and play,  oh, and I have this super special skill where I can do things with more than one tame at a time,  omg so hard.... I get it, you suck at ark and are pretty ignorant to how games and balance work..

scout·ing

ˈskoudiNG/Submit

noun

the action of gathering information about enemy forces or an area.

You don't need to be fast to scout,  you just have to be able to get to a good vantage point (ground or air) where you can see what the enemy has and what they don't..

1: I play on the center, actually. The map was designed around fliers, that was the official word before it became DLC, this started as a mod, so is it not viable to use it? Other maps will become official maps, I am 100% sure of this, should they not be considered? (and the center (of the map) can ONLY be reached by flying

2: This is what the Ptera should have been to start with.I carry 150 lbs, tops, and that is what such a thing should be able to carry. and a scout should be able to move quickly, it should have no attack, low hp and move in and out quickly (this includes stamina regen)

Last I checked flyers can still reach everywhere on the center... thought you might want to know.. flyers were nerfed/buffed, they are different now but still have uses,  l2p..

5 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

1: The island is THE OFFICIAL MAP,

2: I would have no problem on the center or scorched either

1: DLC is official

2: but they don't count, (and since you haven't played them, how can you judge that, exactly?) TheIsland is THE ONLY map, right? (scorched was designed by WC I might add..)

1: DLC is official

2: but they don't count, TheIsland is THE ONLY map, right? (scorched was designed by WC I might add..)

I mentioned both of those, which I have been on both,  I'm just currently on the island,  and flyers are still very much viable on all of them if you actually know what you're doing, you clearly don't and want WC to dumb flyers back down because you lack the ability to adapt..

1 minute ago, LEDminer said:

Even with the flyer nerfs, you can reach the floating center island.

The caves were designed for flying through them, which is why they are so spacious. Correct me if I am wrong, but on official servers on the center, only one cave allows you to mount flyers within it.

I know there are lots of points on the map that can only be accessed with a flyer, but even with their current stats, I don't believe that any of these areas are locked out of access.

Not as easily as before, but yes you can. granted.

As for the caves, thanks for makign my point FOR me.

There are a few, actually, but I can't remember exactly where off the top of my head.

4 minutes ago, Zederia said:

Public form with a direct quote addressing someone else, that you feel the need to stuck your nose in. Manners, have you got any? No, because you're a keyboard warrior who can do and say anything without consequence.

Skills, you have any?  Nope.. so download your classic flyers mod, probably enable cheats too since your character probably trips over his own feet, and you'll need that 999999 million ingots of metal to build a big barn full of vaults to house your extra metal.. and stay out of balance discussion,  if you mod you don't play the official game anyways.. 

13 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Last I checked flyers can still reach everywhere on the center... thought you might want to know.. flyers were nerfed/buffed, they are different now but still have uses,  l2p..

Played on The Center the other day and can confirm; flyers still able to get airborne, can still move whilst airborne. Didn't notice anywhere they couldn't fly except the caves as per.

Archived