Getting rid of alphas in single player

RaptorKnight01

okay so i had like a week and a half of this game put into my single player and a random alpha t-rex spawns and comes over to my base and after pumping like 25 pistol bullets 2 brontos and 2 trexes 2 argents 2 doedicareses 2 megaleceros a mammoth a gigantopeticus 2 anklyos a direwolf and me with arrows as well as the alpha being attacked by 4 argentavases before even coming over to my base killed almost every thing of mine and wasnt even bloody plz make it to were we can go without alphas or make it to were they are only like 2 times as strong as the animal they are based on unless it is a raptor they can stay the same in stead of like 6 times as strong plz look into this @Jat, @WildcardJaeger, and any other devs 

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

Alphas can be removed using NPC replacements to disable them from spawning.

Additionally, in single player you can use admin commands to do things like kill or force tame alphas, which you could have done to protect your base. You can also spawn in and tame new animals/materials to replace what you've lost.

2 hours ago, RaptorKnight01 said:

okay so i had like a week and a half of this game put into my single player and a random alpha t-rex spawns and comes over to my base and after pumping like 25 pistol bullets 2 brontos and 2 trexes 2 argents 2 doedicareses 2 megaleceros a mammoth a gigantopeticus 2 anklyos a direwolf and me with arrows as well as the alpha being attacked by 4 argentavases before even coming over to my base killed almost every thing of mine and wasnt even bloody plz make it to were we can go without alphas or make it to were they are only like 2 times as strong as the animal they are based on unless it is a raptor they can stay the same in stead of like 6 times as strong plz look into this @Jat, @WildcardJaeger, and any other devs 

If an alpha is near your base, and you're not positive you can take it out quickly, I would recommend luring it AWAY from base.   

4 minutes ago, D4u2s0t said:

If an alpha is near your base, and you're not positive you can take it out quickly, I would recommend luring it AWAY from base.   

This was also going to be my suggestion - 
I recently had a Alpha Raptor spawn near my base, and although not as terrifying as a Alpha Rex, I still worry for my tames as it has so much more damage and health than they do - and plus it's so damn quick!

So, I got on my Pteranodon and coaxed it to aggro, and led it on down into the jungle - once it finds other dinos it wants to eat it leaves you alone and carries on its path of carnage. 

Been building up the defences of my base ever since !

I'm on Single Player as well.

1 minute ago, Sentoki said:

This was also going to be my suggestion - 
I recently had a Alpha Raptor spawn near my base, and although not as terrifying as a Alpha Rex, I still worry for my tames as it has so much more damage and health than they do - and plus it's so damn quick!

So, I got on my Pteranodon and coaxed it to aggro, and led it on down into the jungle - once it finds other dinos it wants to eat it leaves you alone and carries on its path of carnage. 

Been building up the defences of my base ever since !

So, you know, I'm on Single Player as well.

Yea we had an alpha rex about 50 yards out, saw 2 people that seemed unsure what to do, so we hopped on rexes to help out.  They're pretty nasty especially after this patch.  4 of us took a while to take him down, I forget what level he was.  

14 minutes ago, Cymas said:

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

Alphas can be removed using NPC replacements to disable them from spawning.

Additionally, in single player you can use admin commands to do things like kill or force tame alphas, which you could have done to protect your base. You can also spawn in and tame new animals/materials to replace what you've lost.

i cant use comands on xbox can I?

Archived