Fence foundation vs Pillar spam, major imbalance!

Juggernaut

Metal fence foundation: 10,000 hp. 

Cost to make: 5 bars + 2 paste

Metal pillar: 6,250 hp

Cost to make: 25 bars + 7 paste.

This leads to mass amounts of metal fence foundation spamming blocking building locations. I can build at least 3 fence foundations for every 1 pillar. Add in the fact it takes 3 c4 to blow just one fence foundation and you have a severe imbalance issue. Please either balance out building cost or make it so stand alone structures can't prevent someone from building. This is becoming a major issue in pvp no-tames. Not as much as a problem on pvp official because people can farm easily with a quetz+anky but there is still a major balance issue. 

A easy solution that might help pvp and also pve is set building radius restriction based on if there is a home icon in the area. If no home icon, then ppl can build right up next to it. 

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Fence Foundations do not obstruct building capabilities on PvP.

I am not sure about PvE, but it does not on PvP. The only things that block building capabilities on PvP are;

Foundations
Dinosaur Gates
Pillar + Ceiling

Not sure that is true. I play on no-tame and people can pillar block without the need for a ceiling and also foundation spam.

What exactly blocks resources, foundations only?

They should really fix it by implementing some radius beyond the house icon of people's bases and/or gates. I understand if they just did it based on house icon then people would just build a ladder over someone's gate or a gate in front to keep people from leaving. People are going to figure out how to grief/troll no matter what but at least requiring them to spend more resources on building gates or building a 1x1 would slow down pillar/foundation blocking. 

Archived