Ok so how many Dino's are left?

Volcano637

On 3/26/2017 at 3:28 PM, Volcano637 said:

Dang it. Well hopefully they stick to the 12. Some the remaining didn't look that interesting. I guess they got to the bottom of the barrel lol

I don't agree that there are too many dinos.  I think what you REALLY mean is that there are too many redundant dinos.  They're going to add even more too... Do we really need another whale? Really?

I think that WC has said that they're trying to get all of the dinos that they have planned out and then they're going to do balancing and add functionality to some of the more obsolete dinos from the early game. 

To me, there should be a way to do almost everything that a survivor can do by hand via dinos.  So, right now the most glaring hole in the dino lineup for me would be something that collects silica pearls.  I could also get behind an organic preserving bin/fridge for those poor homies in primitive.  I would also be down for some more land dinos that can farm stuff like obsidian or crystal at a higher rate than tools.  

They could also do with a fe more shoulder mounted dinos as they're kind of lacking.  I really wish that the archeo was a shoulder mount because that would open up a hotbar slot for parachutes.  I think that the archae is the perfect example of what they should do with tames tho, if only it was a shoulder mount.  I wouldn't mind a bioluminescent tame that works as a shoulder mounted torch/miner light.  Or what about a tame that works as a homing pigeon, which brings your most important piece or two of gear back to your base after death.  They could even have tames that provided alternatives to things like bolas.  If I had a tame that could rush forward without a rider and hold something so that I could tranq it, I think that would be pretty sweet.  

Sorry for being long winded there, but I really think that people who complain about the number of new dinos haven't fully thought through the possibilities.  It's not the number of dinos that's the problem imho, it's the lack of diversity.  I don't think that every dino needs to have a separate niche, it's perfectly fine that a carno serves the same function as a rex but doesn't perfom as well.  Having multiple dinos in different tiers is a part of the progression in the game and makes perfect sense.  My problem is with the long list of dinos that serve no purpose (other than possibly kibble?).  

If they do stop adding dinos they have GOT to do something about fixing a couple of the cool tames out there that serve no actual purpose.  I can't think of any reason to tame a sarco these days. It's not just outperformed by other dinos... it really seems to have 0 purpose.  I feel the same way about stegos and diloph, and mesopithecus.  I'm sure that there are more that I can't think of.

12 hours ago, JoeBob1024 said:

I don't agree that there are too many dinos.  I think what you REALLY mean is that there are too many redundant dinos.  They're going to add even more too... Do we really need another whale? Really?

I think that WC has said that they're trying to get all of the dinos that they have planned out and then they're going to do balancing and add functionality to some of the more obsolete dinos from the early game. 

To me, there should be a way to do almost everything that a survivor can do by hand via dinos.  So, right now the most glaring hole in the dino lineup for me would be something that collects silica pearls.  I could also get behind an organic preserving bin/fridge for those poor homies in primitive.  I would also be down for some more land dinos that can farm stuff like obsidian or crystal at a higher rate than tools.  

They could also do with a fe more shoulder mounted dinos as they're kind of lacking.  I really wish that the archeo was a shoulder mount because that would open up a hotbar slot for parachutes.  I think that the archae is the perfect example of what they should do with tames tho, if only it was a shoulder mount.  I wouldn't mind a bioluminescent tame that works as a shoulder mounted torch/miner light.  Or what about a tame that works as a homing pigeon, which brings your most important piece or two of gear back to your base after death.  They could even have tames that provided alternatives to things like bolas.  If I had a tame that could rush forward without a rider and hold something so that I could tranq it, I think that would be pretty sweet.  

Sorry for being long winded there, but I really think that people who complain about the number of new dinos haven't fully thought through the possibilities.  It's not the number of dinos that's the problem imho, it's the lack of diversity.  I don't think that every dino needs to have a separate niche, it's perfectly fine that a carno serves the same function as a rex but doesn't perfom as well.  Having multiple dinos in different tiers is a part of the progression in the game and makes perfect sense.  My problem is with the long list of dinos that serve no purpose (other than possibly kibble?).  

If they do stop adding dinos they have GOT to do something about fixing a couple of the cool tames out there that serve no actual purpose.  I can't think of any reason to tame a sarco these days. It's not just outperformed by other dinos... it really seems to have 0 purpose.  I feel the same way about stegos and diloph, and mesopithecus.  I'm sure that there are more that I can't think of.

It seems like you want the Dino's to do everything for you lol. Not just talking poop or anything but I have recently gone to the no tame server because I am tired of the usual. Level up, tame quetz, tame anky, tame giga, tame dragon, tame birds, and then start breeding. Some people say they will never go back to official again because they play on player dedicated now. 

I say i will never go back to official because I am stuck on no tame. I am done with Dino's and adding some farming or shoulder Dinos wouldn't change anything for me. Still sad though as a lot more people want more no tame servers so they can play too. The server still fills up way to fast and a lot more people will leave officials if they can make more no tame servers

On 3/30/2017 at 4:41 AM, Volcano637 said:

It seems like you want the Dino's to do everything for you lol. Not just talking poop or anything but I have recently gone to the no tame server because I am tired of the usual. Level up, tame quetz, tame anky, tame giga, tame dragon, tame birds, and then start breeding. Some people say they will never go back to official again because they play on player dedicated now. 

I say i will never go back to official because I am stuck on no tame. I am done with Dino's and adding some farming or shoulder Dinos wouldn't change anything for me. Still sad though as a lot more people want more no tame servers so they can play too. The server still fills up way to fast and a lot more people will leave officials if they can make more no tame servers

I don't want them to do everything for me, I just want them to be able to! lol.  I understand what you're saying, my point is just that if you give us the ability to use dinos for 90% of the farming activities in the game, why not re-purpose some of the useless dinos to fill in that 10% gap?  I think you should be able to play games like this how you want (within the confines of balancing of course).  Therefore, it make no sense that I can use a giant fish to mine oil rocks, but have to hop off & swim around to get pearls...but only pearls...no other resources. I dunno, maybe I'm crazy, but it seems that when you have 90% of activities covered by dinos the other 10% looks like you just forgot to cover it.

Edit: I also think that certain dinos should have abiulities in primitive to reduce some of the crafting gaps.  Even if those same dinos didn't retain their abilities outside of primitive, I don't think that it would be too far out of line.  I don't think people should get half a game just because it feels more immersive to not mix their dinos with guns and lazers.  I don't personally  play primitive any more, but I used to, and I understand why people would.

The question should be, how many are usefull. Most dinos are not usefull at all. 

My 3  

A berry dino, wood dino, stone dino and a meat dino. And a flyer to move quick from 1 place to another. But last one will be sh... after update hits ps4

My dinos i use the rest is for show/kibble. Anky for berries and hatch and metal. Beaver for wood. Dodi for stone and rex for meat.

14 minutes ago, Awakatanka said:

The question should be, how many are usefull. Most dinos are not usefull at all. 

My 3  

A berry dino, wood dino, stone dino and a meat dino. And a flyer to move quick from 1 place to another. But last one will be sh... after update hits ps4

My dinos i use the rest is for show/kibble. Anky for berries and hatch and metal. Beaver for wood. Dodi for stone and rex for meat.

You should get a theriz bro... Wood/Thatch(kinda)/Berries/Meat/Hide... AND it doubles as a super creepy wingman when you're picking up chicks...

Archived