Wolf spawns on the center

Argleksander

Wolf spawns on the center

So, i switched to private server a while ago, not something i regret and i'm really enjoying the game now.

One thing bothers me though and i hope someone can shed some light on: The "snow" areas on the center are COMPLETELY DOMINATED by direwolves, and this is a problem for a number of reasons

1. And most importantly: They kill off all other dinos, then more wolves spawn to the point where its just populated with like a gorrillion wolves

2. They seem to have an unusually large aggro range which in turn makes 1. worse. Anything and everything just gets rekt by these huge wolfpacks

3. It makes the area overly hostile. I know it supposed to be "harder" than say the jungle, but when 99% of the dinoes there are hyper aggressive carnivores it just a bit over the top. 

I know the admin can just do a dinowipe, but this massacre and following over population of wolves seems to happen in a really short timeframe. Anyone know what this is about and how one might fix it?

Cheers

I'm assuming you are on single player. Yes it's a nightmare. There is a command to destroy all of a single type of animal. You can do that with the wolves to let other animals spawn in. 

And make sure that you are ready if you ever go to the underground area - it's a nightmare on single player, and pretty much completely freezes the game with lag until you can destroy all the wild dinos. 

Archived