Achatina Levels Ridiculously High

HighwaymanEd

Achatina Levels Ridiculously High

I'm running a private dedicated Scorched Earth server with a few friends, and we've run into an issue with the default levels of the Snails.

On the stock server setup with default settings, all the Dino's were capped at level 30 as expected, but the Snails in the caves would often be around the 100 level. Since then we've upped the default difficulty with the GameSettings line DifficultyOffset=0.714  to bring it up to level 90 dinos, but now the snails range between the high 400's up to the highest we've seen of 793. Needless to say, this makes taming them a little challenging!

We've noticed on the other side however that T-Rex's have never been seen above 26 on the default level or the new offset.

Anybody have any ideas what we could be missing?

• Volunteer Moderator

I like to get at least one high level one, hopefully with a high weight, and use it as storage for organic polymer, that I collect from the other Achatina or that it get from other sources.

One advantage of the high levels, once you have them, is that you don't have to feed them as often.  They will still use the same amount of food over time as a low level, but you just don't need to baby sit them quite as much.

Archived