• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ElfLord said:

I'm not sure what a basilosaurus is supposed to look like, but I would say it looks pretty good!

The normal basilosaurus is just a long carnivorous whale WITHOUT armor. I just added it to differentiate it and Levyatan when I make a dossier for it. But yeah when I mean long whale I mean it's not fat like a blue whale and stuff. You can look it up if you want

1 hour ago, ElfLord said:

New chapter soon? I gotta know what this enrollment day is, does it have to do with some sort of alpha tribe?

ill give you a summary of enrolment day. Every two months, all the tribes of the island come the 'the citadel'. The Citadel is the giant capital city and every new survivor that is found is picked up and dropped off there. they wait there and do jobs until enrolment day. On Enrolment Day, the new survivors that want to be in a tribe are then given small tests to prove their worth while designated members from each tribe observe while the others grab supplies, food etc. The tests are varied and can they usually show how strong the survivor is, how smart and how they are with the island and creatures around them. After these tests they are basically put up for 'Auction' where the same designated tribe members bid for which survivor they want. if they're rich they can bid for all of them, it doesn't really matter. Once a survivor has been bought. They are recruited into the tribe, however they are the lost rank in the tribe and do very minor jobs. They can work their way up the ranks, although they continue to do more tests to see if they're up for the challenge.

1 In my fan fiction there isn't really an 'alpha tribe'. There may be strong tribes but none of them are considered to be an alpha tribe.....well not yet at least. ;)

2. Enrolment day can cause a lot of conflict when the tribes meet. (especially if they're in a war.)

3. Enrolment day is a great celebration where all the tribes meet up and 'try' not to cause conflict (like some type of weird Christmas xD)

4. Once in a tribe, you must stay in that tribe, unless you become and 'outcast' (No I'm not explaining that yet xD)

5. Chapter 3 will come out around this week, although 'Enrolment Day' will be in Chapter 4....maybe.... depends on how chapter 3 ends.

6. Chapter 3 will be about the 'destined 5' and 'The obelisks'. Plus the new fictional species I have already shown you (Jonlger, Intrepidus, Missis etc)

7. Every week, a new survivor appears. But 2 new species of animal appear as well....

That's all I'll tell you guys for now. Might say a bit more if its important. Anyways Chapter 3 is coming soon. Most of my assessments and exams are due around this time so it might get delayed....so very sorry :( 

4 hours ago, ElfLord said:

Sounds good so far. Definitely satisfied some of my curiosity, it's very different from anything I've thought or seen but it is very cool. Good luck with exams! two new dinos? Every week!just realized i could change font size ?.

Soz I mean two new dinosaurs appear every week on the island. But probably two new dinosaur dossiers every week or two as well. I'm kinda working on two right now as well as drawing a picture for kronosaurus. The next two will remain a mystery for now ;)  But yeah thanks I'll try my best with my exams. 

I kinda want suggestions for dinosaurs You want in the fan fiction. It could be any animal and it's a 50-75% chance that I'll consider it. Like if it's a small bug, I probably won't do it, unless I can use it for the story. (Bees are a good option though) and if you said something like yutyrannus than its possible that I will do it. (Remember I also have to draw these too!)

Just gonna let you readers know that Chapter 3 is gonna be a lot longer than the previous two. But fear not, my goal is to have it finished around this weekend or next week. Lets just say its not gonna be so good with Chris, Chimp, Ajay and the people who saved them. The Jongler pack doesn't give up easily......
So far I'm up to Chris and hes friends arriving at a small camp and meeting new friends. After that everything will go horribly wrong and there will be lots of blood and death!

More artwork for my dossiers. Only one is complete. The other two are in progress and are the next two dinosaurs I will be writing dossiers for. Guidraco and yutyrannus. The yutyrannus picture might change but yeah I hope you like my kronosaurus pavicula artwork. Should probably get back and finish jongler and do brachiosaurus and australovenator. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I do not have the next chapter ready yet but I do have a dossier for people to read. Chapter 3 is going awfully slow thanks to school (Too much work to do for me to progress into the story) Luckily, Dossiers and pieces of Artwork are a lot quicker to do than Chapters so enjoy!

Name: Guidraco

Species: Guidraco Stridens

Temperament: Aggressive

Wild:

Guidraco Stridens is well… loud. It is probably one of the loudest animals besides dracovenator and livyatan. It is a fast and smart war mount. Being bigger than our Pteranodon’s we have now, Guidraco Stridens is a pack animal that uses its loud screeches and ‘blinding and hanging’ ability to hunt prey at night. It isn’t rare to see a swarm of them flying in the day, but you would usually see them at night when all other fliers wake up to hunt prey.

Known Information:

Guidraco Stridens hunts in a very weird but intelligent way. A few Guidraco’s would screech near the prey to get their attention, either making the prey investigate or flew. Then the rest of the flock screech to confuse it. Then eventually one of them will fly above it and use the sun to blind it with its wings like a giant microscope.  Then the rest of the flock will dash towards it and sink their large teeth into their prey, biting and slashing their victim with their torpor inflicting bites. Once that step is done they hang onto it, tiring the flier out and they use their weight to pull the creature out of the sky and down to the earth. They quickly then let go before it falls to the floor and dies, then they will carry it off to their nest.

Domestication:

Having a flock of Guidraco’s would be a tame to remember…That is… if you don’t get caught and get dropped out of the sky. I’ve myself had trouble taming my first Guidraco. The best way to tame one would be by using net guns so they can’t pick you up and drop you. Luckily, they are easy to tame and will except any type of meat, although their torpor does drop quickly. Once tamed you are rewarded with a tactical war mount, using its blinding and hanging attacks, its torpor inflicting and stamina drain bites make this a terrific warbird. The bigger the load this bird carries, the quicker it is for it to take down things out of the sky, but make it harder for it to pick things up. The disadvantage to this beast would be its low moderate health. Other than that, you have one of the most beautiful and deadliest birds in your arsenal once tamed

Author’s Notes: NOTE!! Guidraco Stridens is a mix of Guidraco and Tropeognathus. Just like how our trike in game is a mix of Styracosaurus and triceratops (Wish they would be separate but oh well.) The reasoning for this is that they were both cool but both relatively similar so I just combined them. One less dinosaur for my fanfiction but I have already planned for another, less dangerous Pterosaur along the way. I won’t do the second dinosaur today but maybe tomorrow since my last exam is on that day so I’m free when school ends. Give me comments on what you think of this dossier. I’ll be having a vote for my next creature. Chose out of these 3…

Dracovenator

Yutyrannus

Livyatan

1 hour ago, SallyAnn said:

Remember you can upload to imgur.com then embed http://i.imgur.com\oGhdZ7M.jpg

*prays it work now* (OK I had to use the URL and insert image from URL that time, normally I just paste in the line and it auto-embeds)

oGhdZ7M.jpg

And yes, it's always great to read the fanfics, they are amazing :)

Thank you I'll try to do tha next time :) 

I’ll try my best to spice the next chapters as I go along with the story, as I get better at writing fan fictions I’ll come back and improve my first chapters. I’ll keep you informed of updates. Btw if anyone is an author/editor/publisher or whatever I would really appreciate it if you gave me some tips/warnings on what to do and what not to do to be a good writer. Thanks J

Chapter 3: Welcome to the Ark…

“We’ll be landing here,” the strange man said. “Rose, tell our fresh meat what to do.” The journey was truly an awful experience. Every now and again I had to swing to and fro to avoid getting covered by the Pteranodon’s droppings. My leg began to bleed because of Chimp sinking his tiny claws into my leg. Trust me, they hurt. They’re like god damn blunt needles, piercing into your skin at once. At least Ajay didn’t as much trouble. We had to land in a safe place away from the raptors so Ajay could lie on top of the Pteranodon so his wounds wouldn’t be infected by the ‘dung missiles’. And since they can only fit two people on each Pteranodon I had to be carried along with chimp.

“Hey, uhh strange good looking guy,” a familiar voice said to me from behind. I twisted my body to see who it was. It was the brunette I met before. Once more, her head was upside down and her left arm was holding onto one of the leg straps on the Pteranodon’s saddle. The sun was falling and was just over the horizon, revealing me some of her facial characteristics. She was definitely around my age, presumably around 28 to 32. She has dark brown eyes, light skin and luscious dark brown hair. Her smile was the most beautiful thing I ever saw on this island, possibly even my whole lif–

“Ok so how do I put this without freaking you out?” She said thinking to herself. “Oh! We’re gonna have to drop you.” Her head was nodding in approval.  

“Wait what?” Her voiced put me out of my trance and I came back to the real world. “No no no no you can’t do this to me. I nearly died twice I don’t want to die now.” I continued to shake my head in discontentment; however that seemed to amused her”

“No we’re not gonna drop you now silly that would be stupid” She laughed as she tried to hold on. “You see that mountain?” She pointed to a large, lonely conical mountain. It was covered with rocks of all sizes and had wildlife of all sorts around the base of the mountain.

“That is an inactive volcano,” she continue, brushing her hair out of her face. “We have a small camp between the base and top of the mountain. We’ll fly close and safely drop you close to the floor, but be careful. One false move and you’ll tumble down the mountain and be Rex Chow.”

“…Rex Chow?” I gulped, afraid of what she’s going to say next.

She looked around the mountain a bit and pointed down.

“Tyrannosaurus Rex” She says. I looked down to see a gigantic calamity, walking through the undergrowth behind us. Its green, scaly hide camouflaged it, making it practically invisible for the herbivores on the ground. As it emerged out of the tree tops, the herbivores began to give the beast distance, afraid that it will charge at them. Larger than any other fossil record of this species to date, this predator was muscular, bigger and had armoured skin similar to a modern day crocodile. The monstrosity took one more step and swung his head up in the air and boomed out are monstrous roar, showing its dominance and power.

“Don’t worry, that big guy won’t be eating us anytime soon,” She says. She paused and gave me a small and welcoming smile. “What’s your name?”

“Oh me? Well I’m Chris. Chris Shaw”.

“That’s a cute name. I’m Rose.” She stopped once more to have a look at the mountain ahead of us. “Get ready, we’ll be dropping you soo-”

“DUCK!” The man above us yelled before you knew it; both Pteranodons dived to the rocky floor. Rose quickly climbed up and held on tight. The birds were flying to fast for my eyes to adjust and see what was happening. I could only listen to the screeching and screams of Chimp and the Pteranodons and the loud high pitch screeches that belong to a large eagle of some sort. We were dashing from side to side, and then we began to rise up the sky. The sun had disappeared and now the moon is shining bright, giving me light to see what was chasing us. Our pursuer flew above us, covering the moon with its large feathered wings. It slowly hovered above us, waiting for us to descend, giving me time to have a glimpse of the predator. We were being hunted by the notorious Argentavis itself.

“Hold on!” the man yelled again. Once more, we dove straight down to the ground. The cold wind gushing at my face began to blur my vision, but I could just manage out that we were being chased by not one but two Argentavis. The both dived down towards us; sadly their weight was giving them an advantage, making them dive faster. They were only a few metres away; and we were only a few metres away from the ground.

“Rise up” The man on the other Pteranodon spoke. We managed to rise just in the Knick of time. If we were to go any further, our Pteranodons would’ve smashed into a large boulder…and that’s exactly what the Argentavis did. Both birds of prey were too large and heavy to lift themselves fast enough unlike our Pterosaurs. Anyways once again we were safe, but I don’t know for how long. Chimp shoved his claws so far into my leg that it began to make a small blood trail. Let’s just hope nothing finds it, especially those raptors…

“The camp is up ahead” Said Rose. “I can see the fire.”

As we flew closer, I too could see the flicker of a campfire. The camp was built by the side of a large rock and was surrounded by large Jeffery pine trees. We flew closer to the ground near camp, and I was gently dropped to the floor. As I landed, I instantly fell to the floor and struggled to get up. It was my leg; Chimp had sunk his claws too far and now I’m struggling to get up. Now chimp laid himself on the floor and basically passed out. I needed to find a way to walk. The area around me was covered with sticks, leaves and vines. There was one stick that had a cross piece at one end and was long enough for me to use as a primitive crutch. I crawled over to grab it while everyone else was landing. As I moved my hand moved closer to it, a small Compsognathus jumped on it and stared at me with its small amber coloured eyes. It moved closer as I had a hold of the stick. As I slowly moved away, more Compy’s appeared and practically surrounded me. This definitely wasn’t good. They continued to move closer, but an approaching light caught there attention.

“Get back you little b*stards!” A young woman like Rose appeared from behind me, waving a torch and began kicking the Compy’s. They all scattered and ran back into the jungle. I looked up at her to see who my saviour was. Her long blonde hair was pulled back into a pony tail. The torch brightened her grey stormy eyes and her smile was nice and caring just like Rose’s.

“Hey, don’t go to the forest alone ok? Compys are dangerous when in packs.” She helped me up after she put her glasses back on her face. She picked up the crutch looking stick and gave to me so I could walk back to camp.

“Thank you” I said to her.

“No problem, my names Alice by the way. I’m Rose’s older sister.”

“Thought you were; you both have the same smile.” I said. She laughed for a little bit and we were welcomed by the others. Rose walked up to me and sat me down at the camp next to Ajay who was still unconscious and was lying on a very unstable bench. Chimp had gotten over his fears and had joined us at the camp and sat on my lap. I was little mad at him for sinking his claws into my leg, paralysing it temporarily, but he was too cute and it wasn’t his fault that he was terrified of those two Argentavis. The 3 of us were surrounded by 10 people, giving us a total of 12. Two of them I knew, Rose and Alice. Then there were the two men who helped rose get us here. The rest were a blank to me, but they all mentioned Ajay’s name as they whispered to each other, staring at us in the process like we were aliens.

“Umm excuse me but what is happening?” I managed to say nervously. The small crowd went silent again until Rose approached me.

“It’s ok Chris. You and Ajay are safe,” She said to me, even though I have never mentioned Ajay’s name to anybody. “You and Ajay must stay here until daylight. Then we will head to what those guys call ‘The Citadel.” She pointed to the men that I only just met. They all wore Green and Blue war paint on their arms, legs and face. They even wore special badges, bearing a Diplodocus’s face and two Kangaroo heads on each side of the sauropod, possibly Procoptodons. One of the 7 men walked up to me and gave me a handshake.

“Hello I’m Andrew,” He said to me, he was a young Asian with short black hair and was really tall and slender. “I’m the medic of ‘The Merchants.” I shook his hand with a firm grip and was wondering why the men behind him were looking at me with a long face.

“Hello my name is Chris,” I said “What is going on? And can you help my friend?”

“My apologise sir but if you haven’t noticed, we aren’t much of a Tribe right now. Our tribe base was raided by ‘The vanquishers’ and most of our Tribe was killed by The Vanquishers or were eaten alive by wild carnivores. Either way, all of our tamed dinosaurs were killed except for these two Pteranodons” He said explained, pointing to the two Pteranodons that dropped us off. “The only use they gave us so far was to save you 5 survivors…And you 5 are special.” He glanced at Me, Ajay, Rose, Alice and the man who was on the same Pteranodon Rose was when they saved both me and Ajay from the black Raptors.

“Look I’m flattered, but my friend here needs help.” I pointed to Ajay’s poisoned arm which has now turned purple-ish black, but Andrew just shook his head.

“I’m sorry, but its nightfall and we cannot risk anyone’s lives just so we can save someone who was bitten by a Troodon. The effects aren’t deadly until a few more days have past. We will wait until tomorrow.” He turned away and started walking towards the camp fire.

“He was not bitten, nor was he poisoned by a Troodon” I yelled, hopping off my chair. Luckily my leg healed enough for me to stand up without the help of my stick “I was bitten by a Troodon and thankfully he cured the poison with what he calls ‘black drug berries’. He however was somehow cut but the tail feathers of large black feathered raptors!” He froze in his tracks, and the whole tribe, including Rose, Alice and other man I have yet to know his name looked at me in horror. Andrew turned around and walked up to me, putting both his hands on my shoulders and held them tightly.
“Did you say Black Raptors?” He asked. He began to sweet on his forehead, despite how cool the area was.

“Umm yeah?”

“Dear god…” He took a step back to process what I have just said and then began giving orders.

“You there get me my medical bag.” He pointed to a man and he immediately went searching for it around the camp. The other man Andrew was talking about when he mentioned the special 5 approached me and handed me a small flower.

“Chew it up in your mouth until it’s in little pieces and then swallow. It should get rid of the toxins the Troodon gave you unlike the narcoberries or ‘drug berries’ which only temporarily heal you. I quickly took it while everyone else was distracted so you should be thankful” He smiled cheekily. “My names Marcus, I was the one who saved your life,” he laughed. I took the flower and stuck it in my mouth. Once I chewed it up, it began to taste sweet like honey, making my stomach feel a lot better. The man who was ordered to grab the medical bag returned, handing Andrew a leather satchel with empty class jars and small surgery tools.

“Dammit!” He hissed. “There’s no narcoberries here to heal him temporarily!”

“I’m confused why are you panicking about this so much?” I questioned.

“Ever since you five showed up, these black raptors have appeared and started killing everything.” He explained. “When a person enters the island, two different species join too… Although… Since you five all entered at once, ten species must’ve been allowed to join the island!” None of what he said made sense to me, but it’s better than knowing this information then knowing nothing at all.

“I’m sorry but what has this got to do with the black raptors?

“The Black Raptors have poisonous spurs under their feathers on certain parts of their body. Since they’re so new, nobody has found a cure, the best thing to do is give your friend narcotics which I lack of. I know this because we’ve been hunted by these beasts before. Why do you think we’re leaderless?” I stood their speechless for quite some time. If we didn’t get these narcotics soon Ajay will die. Alice, Rose and Marcus stood behind me looking at the ground in an awkward stance. They must have been there when these raptors attack. Andrew returned to his tent disappointed and upset.

“There’s narcoberries at the lake,” said Marcus. Andrew turned to face him, a glimmer of hope jumped in his eyes.

“What lake?” he asked

“It’s a small lake just down that direction.” He pointed into the darkness of the deep, noisy jungle. Andrew said nothing for some time, thinking to himself.

“…Alright…the five of you can go, including Ajay. I don’t want him to suffer any more pain.” He flicked his hand in approval and handed us some torches and some small simple hatchets. I was never really good with hatchets in my free time at home. I was always used to swords and spears when I use to live at in the cabin when I was little. But hey, I might get used to it.

I didn’t get used to it. The damn thing was annoying to carry as well as carrying Ajay on a thin bed with the others. It was also hard to both carry Ajay and cute vines with the hatchet. I would’ve been a lot happier with a machete.  Unlike the others I had chimp to help and hold the torch for me, although he would occasionally swing it around my face, causing the other three to giggle and smile.

“Sooo uhh…how long have you known Ajay for?” I asked. “I mean like you all know his name and stuff so you have must’ve met before right?” I looked back to see the other three swatting mosquitos and trying to pay attention at the same time.

“Well we were all found and rescued by the merchants.” Alice said. “They were all leaving their destroyed base…Then that’s when the raptors attacked.”

“They came from all sides and took out the majority of the survivors” Rose butted in. “That’s when we were separated from Ajay. I guess that’s when he found you-”

“We reached the lake” Marcus interrupted. He was no longer his cheeky, nice side anymore. Now he was more cautious and alert like a stag eating alone in a forest. “It is night time, meaning there are more carnivores. Don’t stray too far from Ajay and don’t walk in the water. The narcoberries so be near the weeds next to the water. They’re in medium sized shrubs and are soft and black.” We immediately but down the bed containing Ajay and began searching for berries. The two girls were on one side of the bed while Marcus and I were on the other. I got onto my hands and knees and began plucking out different types of berries from different bushes.

“Hey Marcus I didn’t ask before but how were you so good at riding the Pteranodon?” I asked, trying to start a conversation while I was searching.

“The what now?”

“The Pteranodon; You know? The giant bird you were riding.”

“Oh that thing? Well I just practised. It was nerve-racking at first; because you know, it’s a prehistoric animal. But then I began to gain trust with the animal, if you know what I -”

“We got some!” Alice and Rose yelled. Their beaming faces faded when we all heard the screech of a large predator. I swear, after that roar, all of the hairs on my body stood up. I couldn’t guess what creature was but I knew it was a large predator, maybe not as big as the T-rex we saw earlier but it was big. All of us began to panic and all ran back to the bed.

“Quick! Extinguish our torches!” I whispered loudly. “Then move Ajay and hide in the tall reeds with him!” Without question they obeyed and dragged Ajay to the edge of the lake. It got really dark once the torches were out, thankfully our eyes adjusted to the new lighting. We stared at a few young Parasaurs approach the lake to take a drink, as if they didn’t hear the loud roar before. I didn’t look but I know behind me that either Alice or Rose was giving Ajay the narcoberries. I also heard quiet whispering between the two.

“Give him stimberries so he wakes up and we could get out of here without carrying him.” I heard Rose said

“Be patient” Alice snapped “It could harm him if I do it too quick.” As they were discussing to each other I didn’t notice that they were getting louder as they spoke. They were interrupted by the loud screech from the same predator. This time, we finally got to see the caller. It was a mid-sized, feathered female predator. She appeared from behind the Parasaurs and lunged up and sunk her jaws into one of the Parasaur’s neck. The poor ornithopod fell to the floor, screaming in pain as it chocked on its own blood and wriggled around like a headless snake. The predator shook its prey around, eventually decapitating it where it lay with the help of its muscles in its mouth and legs. Once more, the forest was silent. The other Parasaurs flee in terror while the four of us sat there in terror. The smell of the new carcass fumed the air. Fortunately for us, Ajay had woken up and had taken the berries; unfortunately for him…he witnessed the death of a Parasaurolophus.

“Dammit,” he cursed. “That was my favourite dinosaur.” We were all happy he was alive and well, but we knew we couldn’t celebrate while there’s a carnivore just down the river. The predator was happily gnawing off bits and pieces off her fresh new prize, giving us an opportunity to silently escape. We stayed low to the ground and tried avoiding any trip hazard or something what would snap, pop or crack. The predator still had no idea that we were here, but at the same time I felt like it did; it just didn’t care about us. The size and body structure of this creature indicated that it had to be a subspecies of a Megalosaurus…hang on…maybe all the dinosaurs were sub species of their original counterparts…maybe they are the same species but they evolved over time. So many possibilities; Then it hit me…Chimp was a Mesopithecus! Yes! I knew I had it somewhere in my mind! That would also explain why the Dilophosaurs, Troodons and the black raptors are poisonous. Maybe the black raptors are Balaur Bondocs after all…Just highly evolved specimens. I gathered all that information and tried to remember it all in my head so I can write it down later. I continued walking and soon we were close to camp…camp…where was the camp?... I rushed forward to Marcus and tugged at his shoulder. The big muscular man turned to face me and raised his bushy eyebrows.
“Where’s camp,’ I asked?

“What do you mean where camp is, it’s just…” He paused and stared at a small opening. I turned to see what on earth got Marcus so turned up. It was the camp…You couldn’t see it but you knew it was there. The only then visible were the silhouettes of the broken camp tents and the small coals that belonged in the fire.

“Somethings not right; they never have the camp unwatched.” He protested. He drew up the hatchet and lit up all of our torches and marched towards the camp. Chimp tugged at my shirt and whimpered. He must’ve been warning me. Sadly I just ignored him and followed the other 4. The dusty floor was covered in dark blood, reflecting off the light from our torches. The tents had large holes, cuts and blood stain on them. Inside lay some of the men who when to sleep, although their stomach had been eaten, revealing an empty gut with rows of ribs sticking out, some intact, some broken. More bodies were sprawled on the floor around the campfire, all of them had parts of their body missing or torn off. Even though they were dead, you could see the fear in their eyes and you could hear their screams in your head. Black feathers were all over the camp; on the tents, bodies and on the floor. Base camp had just turned into a blood bath. The only living things around the encampment besides us were the pesky Compys nibbling on the corpses.

“Told you Chris,” Alice said. “Compys are dangerous in packs.” She kicked up some dirt and stones at the small lizards, making them running back into the forest. We continued wondering around the campsite, counting all the bodies. I looked back to see that the Pteranodons were also dead. Their wings we torn off and their eyes were gauged out, having blood for tears. I saw the small blood trail I left when I was on the Pteranodon. It was darker and is only stain grass and dirt now. It trailed off to where Ajay and I were Rescued by the Balaur pack…The Balaur pack…I looked down and picked up one of the black feathers that covered our destroyed camp. Just looking at it the feather made my implant turn yellow. I looked over to see everyone else’s implant turn yellow too. They were all afraid. That’s what the yellow meant. The yellower it got, the more terrified you were. The black feather was long and was very smooth.

‘Black raptors have poisonous spurs under their feathers on certain parts of the body.’

There was a body to my right that was lying by a tree; he had a weird scratch on his chest that was similar to Ajay’s wound on his arm. I had to investigate. I had to make sure that we’re not dealing with…them…

I dug my hand in his cuts, wriggling my fingers around his open chest.

“Oh no” I said to myself as I pulled my hand out of his wound, holding a small, pointed spur. I looked over to see my comrades a few metres behind me, stand completely still, looking up above me. Rose looked at me. She was beginning to sweat. She mouthed some words and pointed above me.

‘Don’t make a sound.’

A single drop of blood fell onto my shoulder. I started at the blood stain it gave me until another drop of blood fell onto my shoulder. As I said their quietly, I could hear a faint voice.

“He-Help….Me…” The voice came from above me. The person repeated those words over and over while I slowly lifted my head up. It was Andrew; he was lying on a tree branch, completely immobile and had cuts and gashes on his face, arms and neck. His back was completely torn to pieces. I was surprised that he was still alive. Then there it was……I didn’t see it at first but it was there…The alpha Balaur. It was perched on the same branch as Andrew and was slowly tearing of a piece of flesh every time he finished his previous piece, eating him alive. The creature must’ve grabbed him with its large, curved claws and carried him up the tree like a leopard. It knew we were going to come back, now he’s just teasing us. The hissing and rattling of feathers began to break the silence. The rest of the pack had finally come out of the shadows. Andrew yelled, telling us to get out of here but the alpha pinned his head down and snapped his neck. There goes the Tribe of Merchants. Blood trickling down out of his mouth and down to the floor like a small blood waterfall. The alpha had gotten bored eating his victim and hopped down to the ground. The 5 of us huddled together, holding our torches out in front. Chimp had imprisoned himself between our legs for safety.

“Just wave your torches around,” Ajay said. “They hate fire.” When a raptor got too close we waved our torches around like pyromaniacs; but we knew we couldn’t continue this all night. Soon we began to tire and we were running out of options fast. We grabbed out hatchets and threw them at them. That failed miserably. We even grabbed some pinecones and set them alit, through them at anything that got to close, although there wasn’t enough pinecones to scare them all off. They would just turn around and come back at us. Marcus’s torch had be used up and had extinguished itself, so did Alice’s a while later.

“Ugh this is worthless!” Alice yelled. “Does anyone have any better ideas?” Ajay’s and Rose’s torches had also died out, leaving only mine alit. The alpha had his eyes on me the whole time. He may still think that I’m the alpha. I guess it’s time for me to start acting like one. I stood away from the group and confronted the alpha. He flared up his feathers, showing how beautiful and deadly he was. I however had another idea. I ran up to him and yelled as loud as I could. He stepped back and snapped at the air. The other raptors barked and screeched in confusion. I continued to yell and scream, waving my torch around like a lunatic. I could tell that the other members were getting cautious of the bright flame. The alpha male tried to stand his ground but I had control over this fight. My noisiness began to echo through the forest. Hopefully my roughly thought out plan would work. At least the raptors had their attention on me instead of everyone else. Sadly my reign of fun had ended when the alpha slapped the torch out of my hand with his claws. I stumbled back and returned to everyone else. I was breathing heavily, Ajay was holding me up and he whispered in my ear.
“Dude what were you doing?”

“Just wait,” I said smiling, “Just wait.” The alpha and his pack got closer and closer, hissing and rattling their feathers. As they got closer I began to think that my brilliant plan had failed. Now the alpha was only a metre or so away from me and then he stopped. He continued to rattle his feathers and slowly hissed, staring at me with his evil yellow eyes.

‘Sssss…..help….ssssss……me…..ssss’

We were interrupted by the loud screech of the Megalosaurus we encountered before. It ran in and grabbed one of the black raptors with her large, curved teeth. The raptors began to scream and charged at the predator. Yes! My plan worked!

“Quickly let’s get out of here!” I yelled. We all ran the opposite direction from where the carnivores were. As I looked back I could see that the Megalosaurus wasn’t winning the fight. It was just lucky to get away. But luckily the raptors had lost us. We continued to run until we left the forest. We didn’t say a word while we were running; just silently running through the jungle, afraid to attract somethings attention. As I was running I couldn’t get over the fact that the alpha spoke…it was…horrifying. It just shows how intelligent some animals can be. Today I knew…that while we’re on this island…Humans are no longer the hunters…we are now the prey.

YES!!! MOTHER OF GOD YES!!! I FINISHED IT!! My my, this chapter is 16 PAGES LONG!! I’m sorry this chapter took forever. I only just finished my last assessment and I have two more exams in the next week or so. I can’t really guarantee due dates for this kind of stuff (And I’m sorry about that) so don’t get high expectations when I say it will come out soon (Cause it could be released two weeks later. One again I’m sorry.) Well anyways I hope you like it. This chapter is longer than I thought it would be. I’m guessing they’re gonna get longer as the chapters go by. I only edited some parts of this chapter so if you see a mistake let me know. Thanks for reading and for being patient!!!! xDxD

Archived