Any news on Xbox updates?

DCModxBSW

3 hours ago, MarioMan9112 said:

Just gotta be patient guys if it was up to the devs alone and didn't cost the for each update we would be getting update at the same pace as PC this however is not the case, so chill and learn the most important and useful thing you can in life, have a little patience always makes things better.

I'm actually a little surprised that Xbox doesn't advertise a different approach to their updating system for Game Preview. I feel like it'd encourage more Early Access games looking to come to console.

Just now, TouchedChimp said:

Im kinda surprised that so many people so overly eager for it. I mean I'm excited for my Roo and fireplace but I understand it comes when it comes and theres no point in asking over and over for a release time. ETA week of January 10th. Thats what we get for a date. Its not that broad anyway.

They never said what year:)

16 minutes ago, SilencedScream said:

I'm actually a little surprised that Xbox doesn't advertise a different approach to their updating system for Game Preview. I feel like it'd encourage more Early Access games looking to come to console.

every single patch has to be vetted by the Xbox team for malicious code, code that could cause damage to software or hardware. Preview wont change this unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, TouchedChimp said:

Im kinda surprised that so many people so overly eager for it. I mean I'm excited for my Roo and fireplace but I understand it comes when it comes and theres no point in asking over and over for a release time. ETA week of January 10th. Thats what we get for a date. Its not that broad anyway.

For me, I'm anxious for the update just because of the new servers that will be coming along with it. I just got the game a couple weeks ago, and have coerced a few friends into getting addicted as well... but every server we try to start up in already has two or three gigantic Alpha tribes full of overly-aggressive trolls that have all the best locations and most valuable resource spawning regions locked down tight with gigantic stone gates, and harass the heck out of any low-level tribes that try to start setting up a base. We want to get in to one of the new servers early on, so we can stake a claim to some land and try to have some influence on how the social climate of the server develops.

1 minute ago, NymeriaSaida said:

For me, I'm anxious for the update just because of the new servers that will be coming along with it. I just got the game a couple weeks ago, and have coerced a few friends into getting addicted as well... but every server we try to start up in already has two or three gigantic Alpha tribes full of overly-aggressive trolls that have all the best locations and most valuable resource spawning regions locked down tight with gigantic stone gates, and harass the heck out of any low-level tribes that try to start setting up a base. We want to get in to one of the new servers early on, so we can stake a claim to some land and try to have some influence on how the social climate of the server develops.

This I agree with and I can see people being eager for that. Im eager for that too. That maybe the perfect time for my wife to hop on. 

3 minutes ago, TouchedChimp said:

This I agree with and I can see people being eager for that. Im eager for that too. That maybe the perfect time for my wife to hop on. 

Well, if you guys end up in the same server as us, keep an eye out for Jackalope Nation. We're a friendly bunch, and prefer to learn a bit about our neighbors before deciding if we're going to war with them... none of this "shoot first, ask questions never" business. If you act like decent people, we'll share our resources and supplies... but trolls beware, because we're always looking for an excuse to pull off some nighttime guerrilla warfare raids on the folks who cause trouble in the server ;)

1 minute ago, NymeriaSaida said:

Well, if you guys end up in the same server as us, keep an eye out for Jackalope Nation. We're a friendly bunch, and prefer to learn a bit about our neighbors before deciding if we're going to war with them... none of this "shoot first, ask questions never" business. If you act like decent people, we'll share our resources and supplies... but trolls beware, because we're always looking for an excuse to pull off some nighttime guerrilla warfare raids on the folks who cause trouble in the server ;)

Needed you on our server last night. Well I hope we do meet one day! Sounds like our tribes (or at least us) would get along great. My wife kept passing out spears last night to new low levels. I kept waiting for the one that would stab her with it but nope. She would throw them spears and cooked meat, maybe some clothes and go on her way.

Archived