Prim+ questions

DinoDash

6 hours ago, DinoDash said:

I just started playing primitive+ and have a couple questions. First is there any explosive So? And is there any materials that a giga can't break? Thank you!

Yes there is explosive barrel, which you can light and it blows up after some time. It's quite expensive, comparing to explosives in normal ARK. Giga can't break steel pillars and safeboxes.

Barrels are the only explosive in Prim+. They take a fair bit of materials to make, are heavy, and even have a chance to instantly blow up, killing whoever placed it unless they have some good armor on.

Giga's can currently damage all structures cept for steel pillars and safe boxes - which wasn't the case until recently where Ced screwed up the structure tiers as well as lowering concrete structure HP while attempting to fix snap points. This is supposedly going to be fixed but don't expect anything for a couple months judging the lack of developers (it's basically just Ced) and the track record of patches for Prim+.

PvP/Sieging in Prim+ is definitely far slower than normal servers and hopefully it stays this way. Super spammable ranged explosives completely ruined normal ARK servers and Tek Teir hasn't even been released yet. It's going to be a complete joke when it comes out I'm sure. Hopefully Prim+ sticks to being highly siege weapon based where it takes time to actually take down defenses, as well as good aim ;)

On 1/27/2017 at 6:54 AM, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Barrels are the only explosive in Prim+. They take a fair bit of materials to make, are heavy, and even have a chance to instantly blow up, killing whoever placed it unless they have some good armor on.

Giga's can currently damage all structures cept for steel pillars and safe boxes - which wasn't the case until recently where Ced screwed up the structure tiers as well as lowering concrete structure HP while attempting to fix snap points. This is supposedly going to be fixed but don't expect anything for a couple months judging the lack of developers (it's basically just Ced) and the track record of patches for Prim+.

PvP/Sieging in Prim+ is definitely far slower than normal servers and hopefully it stays this way. Super spammable ranged explosives completely ruined normal ARK servers and Tek Teir hasn't even been released yet. It's going to be a complete joke when it comes out I'm sure. Hopefully Prim+ sticks to being highly siege weapon based where it takes time to actually take down defenses, as well as good aim ;)

Already had a debate with this guy who doesn't know anything about PvP in prim+ so recommend you ignore this post.

OP, less prim+ tribes will have the capability to break into your base in minutes but certainly anyone with a large army of giga can do so quite easily regardless of your defences which will basically be spike traps, pillars and x species. As that sort of fire power is only really held by the Alpha on a server and perhaps a few other tribes, you have less to worry about, especially if a fair alpha governs the server. They will still need a lot of giga to do this but I have seen first hand what such a large army of giga can do and it is anything but slow raiding.

1 hour ago, Cobretti said:

Already had a debate with this guy who doesn't know anything about PvP in prim+ so recommend you ignore this post.

Huh? You mean the debate where every single one of your statements was proved wrong about things like large bear traps, chain bola's, etc, not working on Giga's (which they do)? You're the one who knows nothing in terms of PvP. You still think large bear traps only last 8 seconds vs tamed dinos. Go educate yourself dude. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, because they last 8 minutes. Of course you wouldn't know this because you just claim things without actually ever testing. Continue cowering in fear over a couple giga's.

Please let me know what server you're on so I can come educate you.

Archived