Raising Baby megalosaurus

StoneyDiagram2008

Hello everyone.

Looking for some tips/tricks on hatching and raising a baby megalosauruson an official server.  I have read countless threads on people failing to raise them because of the amount of food they eat or they end up starving to death.

I have already spoken with someone who recommended using Wiki page tips/tricks (this person succeeded in raising some) but just wondering if anyone had any additional information, before i proceed with hatching one of my high levels eggs that i had to buy.

Thanks!!

I have no experience with Xbox raising but I would assume/hope it's not drastically different from PC. However, I would also recommend the wiki page strategy as it works - on PC at least. You definitely need to stay on top of keeping it awake since it DOES reset and will curl to fall asleep everytime the baby comes back to consciousness. I believe this is addressed in the wiki, but keep an eye on it.

Also, yes, there are times when they eat 1-2 meat per second, but this is NOT throughout the entire baby stage. I couldn't really pinpoint the time it happened, but it seemed to be when the baby came back awake from an unconscious spell during the daytime. During the nighttime it did not eat at the same incredibly fast rate. So until you figure out the exact time it does eat incredibly fast, I would not venture too far from the baby at all and I would keep plenty of meat in your inventory since a quick jog to the fridge may even take too long and the baby will starve.

They have a 9 hour baby stage, and it will need closer babysitting than other carnivores. When it's unconscious, the meat intake is normal. But when awake and gaining torpor or if it falls asleep normally (curls into the ball) the food will be taken faster and you need to keep an eye on the health and force feed to boost it as necessary. I only had to boost mine once by force feeding and it was more out of panic during the first time she took the food at the 1-2 meat per second rate. I force fed maybe 20 meat just to help it along. It may not have been necessary, but as I said, I panicked a bit. 

Now, the one I raised did *not* make it to the juvenile stage -- but it was NOT because of their difficulty to raise. I had sat with this baby for nearly 8 hours in an 9 hour baby stage and figured I was home free, but a 2 hour patch download on my stupidly slow internet ended up being her death. :( RIP Snoozer

• 4 weeks later...

Archived