Stealing High Level Wyvern Eggs?

TheGentleman

Recently, our tribe has been getting into raising wyverns on an official SE server on Xbox. I have heard that if you can find a high level wild wyvern near the world scar, there will most likely be a wyvern egg with that same level. Can anyone confirm this? I was thinking that we could just kill all of the lower level wyverns and try to get high levels to spawn in. That way, we could get high level eggs. However, I don't know if this will actually work. Does anyone have any info? Tips?

Yes this is true. Kite or kill all of the low levels you can find in a single pass and make sure the high level stays in place. This takes a lot of practice to target a level 130 wyvern and pull it out of range to kill it and not have the 180 in the area with it come out too.  But if you can successfully leave the 170-190 in place usually by the time you make the trip to the end of the scar and back you can find the egg that the high level has laid.  It also does not matter if the high level is male or female they both drop the eggs.  

Your challenge is going to be over crowding in the scar (only place to pull wyvern eggs from) and some noob kiting away and killing the high level you're trying to work or same said noob pulling an egg from the nest and as they're flying out they see it's a level 25 egg so they drop it in the air instead of eating it. A dropped egg stays in midair for a while and affects the spawning of new eggs. The last challenge I can think of is everyone for themselves mentality. If you successfully separate out a high level wyvern and it spawns a high level egg you will be racing everyone else in the scar to find and steal it from the nest. The best server I have found, to date, to pull high level eggs from was Official Serv 942. There doesn't hardly ever seem to be a problem with pulling decent eggs from the scar. Mostly because a lot of the players are older tribes and they either have all they need and only go in there when they want something specific and/or they are experienced so almost everyone knows how to successfully leave the 170+ wyverns in place so the high level eggs will drop. 

I have heard some say that if you pull a high level wyvern you're wanting an egg from out of you can have it follow you back into the scar and it'll stay down and possibly drop and egg. My personal experience with this has been once I pull the wyvern from the scar, especially if they're older and ready to despawn anyway, they will just go to the wall on the mountain side and eventually rise up out of the scar and fly over the mountain and render out.  I have not successfully replaced a high level wyvern back in the scar and then pulled an egg from that wyvern after it was reintroduced. It may be possibly though.      

Good luck and I hope you get that 190 egg soon!

Archived