Favorite ARK Memories?

gfan84

Hi there, I just wanted know what memories from playing ARK do you feel like you'll never forget?  I figure I could share my favorite story and maybe more of you could tell yours.  

Mine all time favorite memory was when I tamed my first Rex.  I was on Single Player, and had just had ARK on PS4 for about 4 days or so.  I had just gotten a Pteranodon and saddled it.  I then made a T Rex saddle and took my new flying mount for a ride to spot potential Rex areas.  I came to the stream going through the middle of the island and saw 2 Rexes going to town on whatever they were eating.  I sat my mount on some rocks thinking it would be enough....well my mount got eaten by the rexes...by this time I am frantically shooting narc arrows at both of them.  one turned tail and went into the jungle and then collapsed and the other soon followed.  I killed the one out in the open for food started to tame the other.  A crazy day...but to me nothing compared to that moment when the tame reached completion and I put the saddle on and rode the Rex for the first time.  You just feel empowered by both the sense of accomplishment in the  tame and controlling the Rex for the first time, especially by youself.

I would say my favorite memory would have to be similar to I'm sure most of us when you first started to play.   You're running around all amazed at the dinosaurs roaming, you round a corner, or make that mistake of roaming into the woods to see your first raptor turn, look at you, and proceed to eat you.    The words out of my mouth were......"clever girl".    

Archived