Official Isolated Cluster Servers, Xbox PGMs + Extinction Servers

Jatheish

BOOOOOO to Procedurally Generated Maps that replaced our extinction servers!!! They're just god awful! why couldn't you replace 8 empty island official servers and not the extinction servers!?!? The PGMaps BLOW! Haven't admins noticed on Xbox 1 that its dead and been dead? you guys literally killed extinction servers the moment that update went live. Maybe think about changing back the Extinction servers with Island, Center, and Scorched Earth instead of continuously making new changes to things and change something back to how it was when it was better & back to how it actually filled the servers. Isn't anywhere left to go from the super alpha tribes, trolls, server wiping tribes, dead servers & all of those servers with hundreds of both small & big empty raided bases everywhere that have been left to ruin resource spawning & anywhere decent to build except player dedicated servers. How have none of the people that work and fix this game not noticed any of these problems, just gonna lose more and more people leaving this game cause of those problems.

And for anyone who misses those maps of extinction server send me a message I'm trying to get a dedicated server with exact settings going. XB1 GT: Extinct Citizen

• 3 weeks later...
On 2016-11-30 at 11:25 AM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

PGMs and Extinction Servers on Xbox

Following the release of Xbox Patch 748 on December 13th (ETA) and our new Procedurally Generated Map system on console, we will be making some immediate changes to our Extinction Servers.

• All Xbox Extinction Servers will be taken offline and relaunched as fresh Extinction Server servers using our new procedurally generated map system, with each server using a unique PGM configuration.

• At the end of an Extinction Server’s lifecycle, upon restart, a totally unique random procedural map will be generated and another fresh experience will be created for players.

Our decision to make these changes is based on the idea of each player’s experience on an Extinction server being a unique one. The servers were intended to provide survivors with a fresh environment to compete in, over a short period of time. By making this change we will be able to ensure that things are kept fresh as each cycle will be played on a completely new map, with infinite possibilities.

The change also benefits us in terms of development as we will be able to quickly see how procedurally generated maps play out, rapidly iterate upon any issues that arise whether through gameplay, balance, or just flaws in how the maps are generated.

You have until this patch launches to finish out your battles on the current extinction servers!

I would love it if these things do end up happening! The most appealing thing for me on Extinction is that you really have to explore to find things, nothing can be googled and you learn everything for yourself! I love the mode, and a fresh map monthly would be awesome. As it is, I manually switch maps each month to keep it fresh. 

On 2017-5-6 at 4:36 PM, cool88dude said:

BOOOOOO to Procedurally Generated Maps that replaced our extinction servers!!! They're just god awful! why couldn't you replace 8 empty island official servers and not the extinction servers!?!? The PGMaps BLOW! Haven't admins noticed on Xbox 1 that its dead and been dead? you guys literally killed extinction servers the moment that update went live. Maybe think about changing back the Extinction servers with Island, Center, and Scorched Earth instead of continuously making new changes to things and change something back to how it was when it was better & back to how it actually filled the servers. Isn't anywhere left to go from the super alpha tribes, trolls, server wiping tribes, dead servers & all of those servers with hundreds of both small & big empty raided bases everywhere that have been left to ruin resource spawning & anywhere decent to build except player dedicated servers. How have none of the people that work and fix this game not noticed any of these problems, just gonna lose more and more people leaving this game cause of those problems.

And for anyone who misses those maps of extinction server send me a message I'm trying to get a dedicated server with exact settings going. XB1 GT: Extinct Citizen

Why do you think the PGM Maps 'blow'? I love them. 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, natures said:

I would love it if these things do end up happening! The most appealing thing for me on Extinction is that you really have to explore to find things, nothing can be googled and you learn everything for yourself! I love the mode, and a fresh map monthly would be awesome. As it is, I manually switch maps each month to keep it fresh. 

Panda does actively change them each month, I think the last change was a couple days ago on the 18th :)

Archived