Moderators on Steam Discussions attempting to hide negative feedback?

Hysterics

http://imgur.com/MRzcWNG

Why was that fellow banned? I was seeing multiple comments by him, completely reasonable and respectful.

http://imgur.com/YA7x0gE

That thread was stickied earlier today, received a ton of comments, thousands -- Mostly negative. Now all of a sudden it's not stickied. Is this balance issue all of a sudden not an issue? Or is it just that they don't want that much negative feedback so easily accessible on the front of their Steam Discussions?

----

I understand that there was a need for balancing, but this just seems to have gone way too far. I'm having a hard time understanding how the devs can genuinely feel that this will make it a better game. From what I can see, there's absolutely no point in breeding. I *loved* breeding. It was a huge part of the end game content for me. Taming perfect 120s, finding good stats, passing those stats off to their offspring... It was fun. I wasn't able to take out an Alpha Rex until I had some really good tames, took me a long time to get an Argent that can take out weaker Alpha Raptors/Carnos. There seemed to be a really solid progression to the game, I understand that some dinos were able to become far too powerful, but the nerfs across the board seem uncalled for. They've obviously tried addressing the gathering stuff, but the health issue is massive for me. I'm never going to bring out a dinosaur that required 100 hours of breeding to achieve outside, where it can get killed by a couple people with primitive longneck rifles in no time flat. The game is far more unbalanced now than it was before.

I've never posted here, just on steam, I have 167 hours this past two weeks and 700 overall on Ark. I don't think that makes me special, or privileged, just stating that I've spent a lot of time on this game and love it, just concerned with the direction these changes indicate the Devs are taking.

I understand it though... But yesterday i had another idea: the devs are always flayed...no matter what they do. So if they on purpose make a really bad decision, and then "fix" it, the backlash in the end will be less. BEcause let's face it...the devs get this shyte everytime something in the game changes. There's so many people that play this game, so there's a lot of rotten apples. And this was a civilized forum, if you want a hellhole please stay on the steam forum. I just go there to read the trolls and unhappy people. 

But i guess they removed it for one simple reason... everybody was just saying everything that had already been said...

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, Hysterics said:

I understand that there was a need for balancing, but this just seems to have gone way too far. I'm having a hard time understanding how the devs can genuinely feel that this will make it a better game. From what I can see, there's absolutely no point in breeding. I *loved* breeding. It was a huge part of the end game content for me. Taming perfect 120s, finding good stats, passing those stats off to their offspring... It was fun. I wasn't able to take out an Alpha Rex until I had some really good tames, took me a long time to get an Argent that can take out weaker Alpha Raptors/Carnos. There seemed to be a really solid progression to the game, I understand that some dinos were able to become far too powerful, but the nerfs across the board seem uncalled for. They've obviously tried addressing the gathering stuff, but the health issue is massive for me. I'm never going to bring out a dinosaur that required 100 hours of breeding to achieve outside, where it can get killed by a couple people with primitive longneck rifles in no time flat. The game is far more unbalanced now than it was before.

I've never posted here, just on steam, I have 167 hours this past two weeks and 700 overall on Ark. I don't think that makes me special, or privileged, just stating that I've spent a lot of time on this game and love it, just concerned with the direction these changes indicate the Devs are taking.

Just basing off of your specific words, I can say that while breeding being affected by this does seem to be a big detriment, you actually speak for the need of the rebalance and the nerfs. your statements already point it out. "I wasn't able to take out an alpha rex", "took me a long time to get an argent that can take out weaker alpha raptors and carnos". The idea behind the alpha dinosaurs was for them to be threats that tribes or communities rallied together to defeat, not for one person to fly on down and defeat. It cannot be denied that tamed dinosaurs were already horribly breaking the food chain back then. Even more so if they were bred. Something needed fixing when an Ichthyosaur can take down schools of Megalodon just because it had a caveman on its back.

34 minutes ago, panteni87 said:

I understand it though... But yesterday i had another idea: the devs are always flayed...no matter what they do. So if they on purpose make a really bad decision, and then "fix" it, the backlash in the end will be less. BEcause let's face it...the devs get this shyte everytime something in the game changes. There's so many people that play this game, so there's a lot of rotten apples. And this was a civilized forum, if you want a hellhole please stay on the steam forum. I just go there to read the trolls and unhappy people. 

But i guess they removed it for one simple reason... everybody was just saying everything that had already been said...

I don't know if I'd put it quite that way, but I do think nerfing something hard and then buffing it up as necessary is a better strategy than nerfing something again and again to finally get it down enough.  Especially when, as the devs wrote in another post, they have other mechanics that can't be implemented without the re-balance first.

17 minutes ago, Vormaerin said:

I don't know if I'd put it quite that way, but I do think nerfing something hard and then buffing it up as necessary is a better strategy than nerfing something again and again to finally get it down enough.  Especially when, as the devs wrote in another post, they have other mechanics that can't be implemented without the re-balance first.

You're right... if things where only communicated a bit better it would be easier for everyone... most of the problems that have arrizen stem from the fact that people didn't know there would be such a huge nerf. With proper communication the backlash wouldn't be this heavy. Yesterday i had 3 seperate updates...and nowhere can i find what actually has been changed with the three (small) updates...

2 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Something needed fixing when an Ichthyosaur can take down schools of Megalodon just because it had a caveman on its back.

So you think nerfing all dinos would fix that issue? they should have put more thinking bout their action and adjusted ALL dinos in a unique way ... 

Swinging the nerf hammer because theres a problem wont always necasserily fix the problem. they cant just nerf all dinos and expect the community to accept it even if its alpha ... the whole ark universe circles around dinos ... by balancing they should have balanced a few of them ... or the whole little parts with it ... explain me why the hell they made the giga even more op now? the giga still has 50k HP it is unkillable now and also theres no motivation to breed anymore ... cos theres given such a little output for the invested time...

Archived