Rock Elementals exploited to raid people in PvE

RNGesus

Today, there was a similar situation, on the 706 PVE server.
Golem 10 Logs ruined my whole closed base, ~ 9X12 with begimot gate.
After killing all of my animals, Rex 260. Argent 222 200+ cat, golem 41 ankilo 100+ and a bunch of others
more than 15
It remains the foundation of the house 2, 2 scorpion in the devastated annexe.   small house just on the side 6X6 with animal nutri
Territory along the perimeter was fenced, there it was possible only with 1 hand, where the height of the fence allow such animals to pass.
In came this morning, 4 game days later. Golem on my base was not.
Approximate time of the destruction of my base - 4-5 am (UTC  + 3)
There are suspicions that it is such a fun raid on PVE server.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/7/2016 at 11:28 AM, RNGesus said:

These chinese guys dont give up they would use 2 ramp paracers then, if there is any way they will exploit it no matter how much time or ressources they have to sacrifice. It took them like 7 hours to raid my base...

they're resilient and ridiculous I would be supportive of the idea of geolocking if it weren't for people like me who are in the military and might go over seas IE I'm from America currently in South Africa. maybe geolock with a key and once you've been there you can bypass the lock?? I've read a lot of this happening done by Russians and Chinese mostly hopefully something gets done

Guest BubbaCrawfish
On 11/8/2016 at 9:17 AM, vonholtz said:

build walls of metal would be a wast of metal

It's not a waste if it's to stop the Rock Elementals...

2 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Rock Elemental Do not wounder. On PvE they are being pulled by people who think it funny to play like it PvP. So seeing how metal wall would not be need if people would acted civil to each other. It still make the point it a waste to make metal walls in PvE less you got time to waste. And more over if your going to quote me plz use the whole quote. It really easy to make a remark like you did when my quote all ready made my point that it is PvE not PvP. And it is not need less someone going to be a asshat. 

Today the support answered me the following:

"[...] Unfortunately, after further review, the development team has decided that since dinos have the ability to be free roaming and being a mature rated, survival game, dinos can wandering into a base at any time, we advise players to build taller reinforced walls in order to prevent this from happening. [...]"

If I get them right, they just told me that it is allowed to kite rock elementals into players bases. I'm really disappointed cause this statement kinda tells me that they don't care about what happens on the PvE servers.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
25 minutes ago, vonholtz said:

Rock Elemental Do not wounder.

Sorry, but they do, and they spawn around the place.

Why should I use the whole quote when all I need to do is point out the problem with your statement? Seems unnecessary to quote an entire post, simply for the portion I was referring to...

35 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

I have never seen one wounder around less it following someone. And building push back spawns. Dino that do wounder can come close to your base. But I have never seen a  Rock Elemental with out a player around move. I have gone back week later and found the same Elemental in place where they were. 

1 minute ago, vonholtz said:

I have never seen one wounder around less it following someone. And building push back spawns. Dino that do wounder can come close to your base. But I have never seen a  Rock Elemental with out a player around move. I have gone back week later and found the same Elemental in place where they were. 

If other wild dinos fight and accidently hit a rock elemental it will start wandering for a few seconds

Personally i think wild elementals a inherently unbalanced having a creature that powerful that spawns more often then a rex and practically anywhere seems broken, we have had this problem on our server with a Chinese tribe on PVE371 they managed to aggro 4 golems onto someones base one of the biggest bases in the server nice guy, nice neighbor gave us a 120 tamed mantis for some metal.. and ofcourse why stop there? They soon kited a golem to our base took out a rex and a carno we had in our lower yard.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
48 minutes ago, vonholtz said:

Even though you find they haven't moved, they do indeed move on their own. Obviously you haven't been keeping an eye out for them enough if you haven't seen them moving by their own accord.

4 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Even though you find they haven't moved, they do indeed move on their own. Obviously you haven't been keeping an eye out for them enough if you haven't seen them moving by their own accord.

They do not move on their own. They will only wake up and wander for like 5-10 seconds if they are triggered by either a player or a wild dino, though it can only be triggered by wild dinos if a player is in the render distance.

The people saying golems and other dinos being kited to bases/tames in PvE is not a big deal or doesn't happen often either haven't been wiped by another player in PvE or are the type of person who would wipe other players in PvE.

You'll change your tune when some random belligerent person comes along and wrecks your hard earned stuff just for the lulz when by the very spirit of PvE they shouldn't be able to do a damn thing to anyone but themselves.

22 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Do you know that nothing moves less someone is in render distance. So someone has to be there to get the elemental moving. Have you ever died but your Jerboa did not. And as soon as you get in to render distance you get the message your Jerboa died. That is why the rock elemental are only trouble to you if you or someone else drag it to the base. But if there is a player in render distance of the dinos they keep moving. They do not have to be seen for them to move I agree. But they can not move on there own just any where no one is in render distance.  This will also mean a server with a lot of players in different place will some time have more lag. More AI dinos moving over the map will do that. 

Oh I would use metal pillars over metal walls anyway. They work just as good and take less metal. 

25 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

You know how to fix it, yet you choose to try change the game to suit your problem. See the problem there?

The point is still they will not move that fare on there own. It take people to do that and in PvE people should not be doing it. You keep missing the point it take a human to do this to people. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
24 minutes ago, vonholtz said:

The point is still they will not move that fare on there own. It take people to do that and in PvE people should not be doing it. You keep missing the point it take a human to do this to people. 

You seem to be missing the point that a 2 high wall would stop them being able to do this to you...

I don't care if human interaction is what's causing them to be kited into your base, what is stupid is there is a way to protect your base from this, yet you choose not to, "due to waste of materials" and then sit in here making out it needs to be changed to suit your stinginess...

26 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

You seem to be missing the point that a 2 high wall would stop them being able to do this to you...

I don't care if human interaction is what's causing them to be kited into your base, what is stupid is there is a way to protect your base from this, yet you choose not to, "due to waste of materials" and then sit in here making out it needs to be changed to suit your stinginess...

Maybe you do not know what PvE means. The only reason to have a 2 high metal wall is in PvP. The problem is it is people being trolls. people with a lack of courteous. This is about people being asshat when there is no reason to. People having a lack of respect for there fellow players. You have missed my point all the way along. It the people who do this stuff to people that the problem. Not the game it self. The internet has killed courteous and excusing there behavior by put up a 2 high metal wall not going to fix it. They will simple find another way to be a asshat. There are 7 billion people on this planet and people can not even show respect to each other in a PvE game. that the sad part of this whole thing. 

People should not have to play PVE as if it's PVP. That is exactly what's happening. This isn't about resource stinginess, it's about being able to play the game without some bully alpha tribe stomping all over their hard work. Griefing in PVE, where the victims cannot fight back, is effectively an exploit, and should be punished just as harshly as if the griefer was outright hacking.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

If you aren't going to prepare, then you choose to be at risk. This isn't the only thing that gets kited, as gigas do, as well as many other larger dinos.

If you have footage of those people doing this on an official server, then you should provide proof in a ticket to the GMs. They can handle this better, and faster than a thread on the forums.

2 high walls aren't only a thing on PvP servers, as you still have roaming TRexes, Carnos, and the like, out and about. The rock elementals are just harder hitting, but the same deal.

If you actually had turrets, apparently they deal to them pretty well.

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

If you aren't going to prepare, then you choose to be at risk. This isn't the only thing that gets kited, as gigas do, as well as many other larger dinos.

If you have footage of those people doing this on an official server, then you should provide proof in a ticket to the GMs. They can handle this better, and faster than a thread on the forums.

2 high walls aren't only a thing on PvP servers, as you still have roaming TRexes, Carnos, and the like, out and about. The rock elementals are just harder hitting, but the same deal.

Do you even have a clue? A Carno is in no way any comparison to a Rock Elemental. A Carno can not destroy a rock wall. Just stop commenting when you don't know what you are talking about, please. Defending against Carnos and Rexs is pretty simple. The Rock Elemental is more like a Giga, possibly worse. About the only thing that will stop them is explosives, so you need to be online. There is really no offline defense that I have heard of. This is why they are such a menace by a griefer using them when you are offline. You can't really defend a base offline on Scorched Earth easily because of the difficulty of keeping power going 24/7 also.

If you have read other posts, you would know that reporting griefing in PVE is either going to get you no relief or you will be waiting days also. The protection against this type of griefing needs to be built into the game. It just should be made impossible to do, even if this means removing or nerfing the wild Rock Elementals seriously.

32 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Do you even have a clue? A Carno is in no way any comparison to a Rock Elemental. A Carno can not destroy a rock wall. Just stop commenting when you don't know what you are talking about, please. Defending against Carnos and Rexs is pretty simple. The Rock Elemental is more like a Giga, possibly worse. About the only thing that will stop them is explosives, so you need to be online. There is really no offline defense that I have heard of. This is why they are such a menace by a griefer using them when you are offline. You can't really defend a base offline on Scorched Earth easily because of the difficulty of keeping power going 24/7 also.

If you have read other posts, you would know that reporting griefing in PVE is either going to get you no relief or you will be waiting days also. The protection against this type of griefing needs to be built into the game. It just should be made impossible to do, even if this means removing or nerfing the wild Rock Elementals seriously.

And that is another good point. Good parts of the game end up getting removed or nerfed. Because someone miss use it. This runes other people fun in the game. Again because someone shows a lack of respect to other players. 

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Yes sure show proof. How the person who started this post was not even on line when it happened. And most of the time I have heard of this happening. It been to people off line. Trolls do not wait around for people to take screenshots. They do this to people not on at the time.  I do not blame the Dev or GM. They can not take side with out proof. But again I blame people making a chose to be a bully or be a asshat to people who just want to play the game. Again you miss my point. If people showed respect for there fellow PvE players the game would be a better place to play. Sad part people today do not know what courteous or respect mean. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Turrets fully do damage to the elementals... It's not that hard to figure that one out.

If anything all that needs to be done is for the logs reporting to be added to, picking up that something is being kited, who kited it, which tribe, and whose base it got.

Then the option for admins to have the option of disabling the tribe log reports of what tribe took out what, could have in there, if the tribe tracking portion of the tribe logs enabled, could show who kited it to the victims base.

Archived