After a yet another new patch (765) and no details on dedicated servers being fixed. I wanted to see if other host are still experiencing these issues on your Xbox one dedicated servers.
1. After loading your dedi server map players can not join because the "join game" option in server friend's list is greyed out. This happens alot after the server carshes and usually has to be restarted 5 to 10 times before players can get the option to join again.
2. After loading your dedi server map players get a "failed connection" message. Same as number 1 problem, and usually requires network and console resets over and over.
3. Server crashes to dashboard randomly regardless of map. SE seems to be the most stable map at the moment, most likely due to low dino count and dino types.
4. Admin deletion; before an update use to drop it would delete all my admins and I would have add them all back and everything would be fine even after a server crash. Now everytime the server crashes to dashboard (daily, hourly, etc) I have to add my admins all over again.
5. "Run Dedicated Server" unclickable after crash. Since patch 762 after the server crashes to the dashboard, after relaunching the game and selecting "Host game" you can not click on "run dedicated server" unless you completely power down your console and restart.
6. Unbalanced dino spawns. Not sure if this is an issue on official servers as well but ever since Ragnarok release it seems like you have to do a dino wipe every other day. If you kill dinos the game seems to only respawn a lesser number. Example: kill 10 dinos and only 5 or 6 repawn in its place. So after a while of killing dinos you get smaller amounts around the map making it harder to find certain dino types. Another spawn issue is a group of the same dino (3 to 6) spawning at the same time in the same spot and they are all stuck together. I have turned down the dino count to .65 and still the spawns are over populated.
7. Unable to unlock all Tek Tier engrams for players. Since the removal of the "upload character" option at the ob's a few patches back you can no longer transfer your physical toon to another map unless running another dedicated server on a visible cluster. All you can do now is transfer dinos and items but you have to create a new toon which starts you at level 1 and no engrams. So you can only unlock the tek engrams from the available bosses on that particular map. Which brings us to number 8.
8. Running 2 dedi servers but cant see them in cluster. All players are located in different areas but when I run 2 dedi servers on the same network at home from the same location I cant even see them when I go to the OB to see if I can transfer.
9. Load file map crash. Not sure what the right term is here but these issues are still happening. The island will crash at Volcano_Entrance file, The Center will crash at Underworld_near, and now Ragnarok is crashing at Old_z_Splines file. I can usually reboot and it will load but ever since patch 757 my island map and center have never loaded again since.
10. Dedi server not showing in server list. I have never been able to see my dedi server in the server list on the join ark page. I can see some but never mind. Does anyone know when they are fixing this? This would help out when situations like a greyed out "join game" option is happening.
Sorry if this is a repeat guys and girls but these issues with dedi servers has been around why longer than some of these topics. Im not a big fan of game expansions, upgrades, etc. If the base game and mechanics has not even been fixed yet. I know there are more issues but these are the ones that tie up my time the most when trying to keep a dedi server up and running for my community.