update PC Primitive+ v1.3 (Released)

Itsr2ghgaming

6 hours ago, Hoseman143 said:

My mistake, I misread what you said.  So the GM's see this as an exploit and remove the build, and ban the repeat offenders...so you want to get rid of saddles all together because this happens?  Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater...

well it takes time sometimes along time for the build to be removed in that time iv seen servers just die from just unfun pvp. removing the saddle wouldnt remove any abilty the saddle gives you slowwer metal farming but thats it  

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, chevalierknight said:

well it takes time sometimes along time for the build to be removed in that time iv seen servers just die from just unfun pvp. removing the saddle wouldnt remove any abilty the saddle gives you slowwer metal farming but thats it  

Not true at all - like I said, we have 2...one with a harvesting rig on it, and the other with a taming rig on it - granted, I'm on a PvE server, but we still matter.  You can't remove something like that from one platform, and not all of them - so what you personally see as balancing the system, an entire other player base will see it as a huge (if not game breaking) nerf.  Just saying...and just so you know, I'm about to leave town for about a week - but would love to continue this conversation with you when I get back.

Well, I had got a reply from @Itsr2ghgaming on my Twitter stating it is still in QA, and they would give an ETA when it's ready, so to me looks like Xbone is getting a bit more lovin than PC this round.   Or else their communication to each other is a little skewed, which is possible.   Regardless, guess I go back to the patience game.   Good thing I'm a very patient and understanding person.

On 05/10/2016 at 0:29 AM, Akule said:

@Itsr2ghgaming, Question: Jat mentioned that the XBox Primitive Plus patch was released. Is the PC version to follow, or is it also released?

Again...we did not get that patch no he made a mistake.   It would have been cool if people said "oops we made a mistake" but that is not happening, but no again we did not get that patch its not true.   We have the same patch that is on the pc which is 1.2.     

They have not changed how they are doing it the release pc first and then xbox. (just more rumours stirred up by bad info)  I use both xbox and pc and I can tell you that with very few exceptions which are peculiar to xbox the patches are identical.     We got a large patch but it was to address perfomance specifically on xbox with a few exceptions. 

All these people working on the game need to get together and have a single community manager posting patch notes for each release instead of 20 guys tweating about each others stuff.  

On 05/10/2016 at 3:42 PM, Askadiel said:

So the Customers here stilll get no Updates, very poor Community Management and if the List dont gets much bigger, the Patch 1.3 wont help anyways. And the Picture shows, there are a lot Reasons to believe, what we get told...... No Lies ? Just misinformation ?

And the Saddle, rent your server, take the Engram of the Platform Saddle out and its your Balance, dont break others Gameplay, because of your PvP Thiniing, the most here play PvE and there it isnt an Problem.

And again.png

indeed the bulk of the problems with this game and its patches is the fact that there are too many chiefs and not enough indians with regards to communication.  They need a community manager to collect info when a patch is deployed from each branch working on the game and write a cohesive patch note (no links to stuff which may or may not be right or whatever) and the note is posted as the patch goes live.    

They also need to stop tweating things like "the patch is in QA" without definining which particular QA and platform they are talking about.    When they start with PS4 its going to become worse but really all the problems are due to people getting info and then logging in to find well that x or y is not fixed.   The bulk of "its not fixed yet" from what I can see is simply because so and so tweated a thing or posted a link or whatever without checking to see if its really true.    

likewise saying stuff like "if its not fixed now it will be in the next patch or hotfix" is just a guess.     People believe what is written but the person communicating from how its worded is just kind of winging it.   Then of course people are upset.    I kind of realized after for the first time keeping track of the patch notes and communication that there really is no point to even bothering to check because you probably will be more confused and upset than if you just logged into the game to find a patch.   

I think the only thing worth reading are things like the community crunch or if something goes live a blog is written about it.    

I only started reading the patch notes and forums and have quickly realized that I should only pay attention to the feed on steam and on xbox well you just kinda wing it cause usually there is no info posted anywhere obvious on the xbox site.  

/shrug

So then where are we with 1.3 and this DLC working with all server maps? I want to use it, but it has to be on all the maps or it's pointless for cross ark travel. (which, hopefully it gets the proper testing for cross ARK).

PS4 isn't going to happen until the game is officially released, SONY has already said that. As long as it's in EA, it's not moving past the Xbone and PC. (because while DLC is 'released' the main game which is required for the DLC to work is in EA)

On 9/29/2016 at 0:18 AM, chevalierknight said:

are the tool and spear skins ever going to be re added the ones we had in the beta and shown in the weapon rack the spear textur was cool

Alot of people didn't like them so Ced removed them... Maybe in the future they will come back looking better than ever. :P 

On 10/8/2016 at 3:32 PM, SlimJammies said:

Again...we did not get that patch no he made a mistake.   It would have been cool if people said "oops we made a mistake" but that is not happening, but no again we did not get that patch its not true.   We have the same patch that is on the pc which is 1.2.     

They have not changed how they are doing it the release pc first and then xbox. (just more rumours stirred up by bad info)  I use both xbox and pc and I can tell you that with very few exceptions which are peculiar to xbox the patches are identical.     We got a large patch but it was to address perfomance specifically on xbox with a few exceptions. 

All these people working on the game need to get together and have a single community manager posting patch notes for each release instead of 20 guys tweating about each others stuff.  

It was for xbox to fix a few things scorched earth patch broke on Xbox for primtivie plus.

@Itsr2ghgaming   How is the QA going with the PC patch?   Are you guys trying to line it up for the Tuesday patch, or do you think it will still be later?   For as long as you've had that in QA, it should be getting close.   A simple update on how the QA process is coming along (I.E. "Hey guys, we are about 50% through testing, we've hit a few bumps along the way and found a few new bugs.")  I'm sure would be appreciated by everyone in here that is still sticking with @complexminded's conversion. 

@Itsr2ghgaming   While the center is running better in prim plus it still lags baddly with lock ups and people being disconnected and unable to get back in or the server crashing or their game crashing, Also a loading screen lockup when entering water, not unplayable but the rollbacks when restarting the server have cause major problems.  To bad was running so great before the patch after the Tapejara was added.

14 hours ago, Briggs9990 said:

@Itsr2ghgaming   While the center is running better in prim plus it still lags baddly with lock ups and people being disconnected and unable to get back in or the server crashing or their game crashing, Also a loading screen lockup when entering water, not unplayable but the rollbacks when restarting the server have cause major problems.  To bad was running so great before the patch after the Tapejara was added.

Is this on a server running just Prim+, or do you have other mods that could be conflicting?

14 hours ago, Briggs9990 said:

My server is running the center, and using primitive plus.    I was having issues with my server while using Host Havoc.   I was having serious disconnects and having to roll back constantly.    I sent in several tickets and got back lame answers, such as the game is corrupting your files and you need to wipe.    I switched to a new host provider, and am using Survival Servers, and from the first day of switching providers, I have had ZERO issues.      

So I would check into seeing if it's a hardware issue with your provider.   If it was the game, then why wouldn't we all be having that same issue.   

9 hours ago, Probitas said:

Is this on a server running just Prim+, or do you have other mods that could be conflicting?

Its on Xbox, we run a few servers, never had issues running as we do now.  Random events I could deal with as could our players but these are hourly or daily events are are causing a big problems players losing dinos from server crashes, rollbacks, being disconnecting and not being able to get back in because their game will crash repeatedly or will say Ark took to long to load so will dashboard the game.  there are other problems but these are the most troublesome.

Is there any further Information about the Patch and the Contents ? To be honest, i think i was really patient, but P+ is totally broken, the actual Content is missing for a long Time now (Maxlevel +2, Hatch Frames, Palagornis Tame, Building is a nice Idea, but looks crappy, because of the Bugs and so on....).

I pay for an Server, care fore the Playerbase, that is to be honest gone, because of those Issues and the loading Time, but especially the lack of Information, what is going on and the loss of Trust in WC and their Work on this DLC. For all whoi tell me its free, yes right, it is, but its paid from the Money we gave them in EA to finish this Game and it was their Decision.

So my Question now: Is there an ETA, any Information or not, else i only can put P+ down from the Server because i dont want to pay for nothing.

4 hours ago, Askadiel said:

Is there any further Information about the Patch and the Contents ? To be honest, i think i was really patient, but P+ is totally broken, the actual Content is missing for a long Time now (Maxlevel +2, Hatch Frames, Palagornis Tame, Building is a nice Idea, but looks crappy, because of the Bugs and so on....).

I pay for an Server, care fore the Playerbase, that is to be honest gone, because of those Issues and the loading Time, but especially the lack of Information, what is going on and the loss of Trust in WC and their Work on this DLC. For all whoi tell me its free, yes right, it is, but its paid from the Money we gave them in EA to finish this Game and it was their Decision.

So my Question now: Is there an ETA, any Information or not, else i only can put P+ down from the Server because i dont want to pay for nothing.

As of now from what @Itsr2ghgaming and @complexminded have been saying, is we will not get an ETA until they are sure it's ready to be released.   The only information we have is that it's still in QA mode, and I'm sure they are still bug crunching as they find them.    All we can do, is sit back and hope that with the month long or so wait, is get a nice large patch that smashes more than what's posted on that bug list.    Ive been asking on Twitter and in these forums, which is where I get my information from.    Good luck!

7 hours ago, Askadiel said:

We won't get an ETA until it is a firm one. This is due to quite a few people getting angry about missing deadlines and yelling at Ced to not give estimates until the release date is certain.

Of course, many of those same people also yell at him for not posting updates until the patch is ready, so there really isn't any way for him to win with those people.

I understand that, but i am one of the People, waiting since the DLC came out as you and some others are. And its totally broken in my Opinion. I guess, i have to only delete it from my Server and use Mods, because the Modders give the Feeling, they care, a Feeling, i dont have here. No Offence, just how it feels for me, thats why i though, i ask a last Time. Since the 01.08. is P+ now on my Server and unfortunately Things only got worse, not better. That he gives no ETA, ok, i have read all that happened and its his Fault too, because he gave us definetely false Informations on what he was working, what will be fixed and so on.

Now, its quiet since one Guy who cared a lot is banned, as far as i know and have read here. But QA since 20.09. Thats more then 3 Weeks and before that, he posted on Twitter, he is balancing..... but nothing out so far. More Patience ? I have none left, i was not in the Mood to play ARK, only because its broken and nothings works as intended, Palyers ask for the Saddles, for the Fixes and there are not Workarounds for that, because spawned Saddles despawn, after the next Server Restart.

I see him as an Guy who needs to care for his Costumers, as i do for mine. If i wouldnt do, they would be Customer of someone else. And yes, we are Customers, we paid WC for ARK and they decided to make P+ Part of it.

Oh and before i forget, Ced promised us a lot, if only a Part of all that would happened, noone would be angry, People get angry because of no Information, Misinformation and not holded Promisses. Mistakes may happen, they do in my Job too, but then, its Time to talk about it.

We do also need to remember that he works for someone else.  For all we know, he is allowed to say this and that.   We won't ever know for sure.    I will put it into a bit of perspective.   I work for Pepsi, as a sales representative.   There are things that I'm allowed to say and am not allowed to.  Same for my boss, and up the chain.   Does it upset people?   Damn straight it does, but i have a job, and care about it.    I'm sure @complexminded is in somewhat of a similar position.   And no matter how upset and angry we get, it wont change a thing.   In fact, I'm sure it's possibly making his job and life a bit harder.  

Simply put, if you don't like the dlc as it is, I totally understand it and do like you've stated and move on.   Maybe revisit it at a later date to see if it's up to your liking.   We should all be happy, that the dlc was indeed free.   Also, for those of us who have tested it and posted bugs, should even if it didn't work out this far, should have a sense of minor accomplishment that your helping to hopefully shape this into a great dlc down the road when it is finished.    Again, as I've told others.  Good luck with your server and what you do.  

P.S. As for the Jimmynoshoes bit, I would have to say I'm sure both parties were at fault, and there was probably some behind the scenes stuff said and exchanged that led to it.   But what's done is done, and not much we can do.   

Archived