Stuttering / Low Framerate on TheCenter

Darkblood

I just saw this on the 247.2 patch notes:

* Improved TheCenter performance/RAM issue (still a remaining problem with this). 

I´m glad to see it, and I hope we will get a 247.3 solving the remaining problems.

Meanwhile, it would be nice of you guys to give us some pointers to where the problem lies and possible workarounds so those of us affected can play instead of pestering you for a solution. Is it the ground clutter distance? Any other graphic setting we should turn off in the meantime? Rumors abound in the forums and it is kinda hard so go through all the contradictory versions on the cause of the problem.  

In my case, I was running most settings on Epic before 246 hit me and getting smooth framerate (40-ish on TheCenter on a private server with average 10 players that built and tamed A LOT -  the place is an ecological disaster by now).

After 246 it became a slideshow peppered with freezes that can last as long as 2 seconds (and sometimes get you booted from server). My hardrive going crazy all the time. Unplayable.

Now, after 247.2 I can kinda play, as long as I stay away from some areas (sadly my base is one of them). In the bad areas I get a quite good framerate, but random stutters and freezes every 2 or 3 seconds (pain in the behind, honestly). I still don't see a pattern to the areas though, it is ok in some crowded base areas and bad in other deserted areas, so I´m guessing the improvements in building render will do nothing for me. Also, lowering graphic options doesn't help a lot.

Anyway, any help would be welcome. I´m kinda new to the game, this is the only server I play and I don't feel like branching to another map just now (so much I still want to see in The Center).

Archived