Scorched Earth dedicated server - shooterentry

justicefornone

Howdy folks,

Long time player and runner of several dedicated servers. Over the last 6 months I've had regular vanilla, The Center and Primitive + servers with no issues. However, whenever I try to run a Scorched Earth server I get "shooterentry" in the "map" section in the game server screen. Been trying most of today to get it working to no avail, so I reach out to you fine folks (even made an account in order to do this!) as to what I am missing.

I've downloaded a fresh SteamCMD ready to go, changed TheIsland to ScorchedEarth_P as it says, but all I get is thhe Shooterentry thing. I've played around with the server config files and feel I must be missing something obvious! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! All I want to do it throw rocks at stone elemental heads!!

Many thanks.

Glad it isn't just me having the issue!

I've had more of a play around and changing the server back to TheIsland, changing nothing else at all, runs without an issue first time and is rock solid. Change it to ScorchedEarth_P and get nothing again.

Starting to run out of patience with it now! Anyone out there with any ideas, anything would be good! If someone running a server would be willing to share their .bat and settings files that would be amazing. Can try and use ol' process of elimination!

346110 is the app id for the client, which is a really large download and does not include any DLC (so no Center or Scorched Earth maps). The server download (376030) is much smaller because it is server only, and it includes the server side parts for both DLC. I am surprised you could run servers with The Center using that app id, unless you copied over the map data manually.

It worked!! Thank you so much Crystal! Once found a Wyvern egg and hatched it, the first one shall be named in your honor! I hope this solves Solgren's issue too! Thank you again, after a binge on Rimworld it is time to go fry in a desert! Woop!!

Many thanks, and once I've read how to add Rep I shall throw some your way. Also, thank you Qowyn for updating the Wiki, I am 100% sure that I've used 376030 many times before so someone must have recently changed it!

• 2 weeks later...

This has not helped me. I can edit the GameUserSettings.ini file and it is constantly overwritten even if I simply change the server slots from 70 to 20 or any number in between. My server has been down since I noticed that my difficulty was still at .5 and not 1.0 (day 1 of the expansion launch) I can't make any changes without it overwriting the files. I am running on Linux and I created a new user, to run ARK, and used ROOT to lock down the config with 4 4 4. The server simply changes then back to default permissions and sets ownership back to the user instead of root.... which I didn't think a possibility.

These are all I should need (they are all I needed for running the center and the island maps).

./ShooterGameServer ScorchedEarth_P?listen?ServerAdminPassword=changeme? -UseBattleye 

./steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +app_update "376030 validate" +quit

The server will replace the file with a new copy every time it launches. It reads in the existing file, applies settings, then saves a new file. This ensures that anything it can't understand is stripped out of the file.

As far as the max players setting, that can only be set on the command line. Even though the server will save it out to the file, it will not read it from the file.

Also, your command line has an extra "?" at the end of the params. That shouldn't be there (don't know if it will cause problems or not).

Archived