DarthArkPrime Server Setting, Rules, and Primitive + Discussions

DarthArkPrime

8 hours ago, GulliverFoyle said:

breeding can be powerful but is extremely time consuming, I'd put it to x4 or x5, so it's still an all day investment but can be done with proper planning. up wild dino health on level to 1.2, maybe stamina on level to 1.5 to help with bugs, and lower dino damage multiplier to 1.9 or 1.8 to offset the increased health. I had a few questions, firstly is it OK to tame dimorphodons? Does it count as a suicide base if your mode of entry is parachute or grappling hook?

With the breeding at X5 this will make a majority of the breeding times 8 hours Plus. Bringing the care amounts to 2 events per session. These times are very reasonable and can be completed on a Saturday or Sunday.

I am not sure how much a -.2 adjustment on the damage is going to offset the issue.

My reccomendations for wild dmg would be: up wild dino health on level to 1.2, and lower wild dino damage to 1.6.

This will still make us vulnerable while on foot and give us the needed confidence to move about the terrain.

10 hours ago, DarthArkPrime said:

OK, I'm glad some of you are excited about the changes to tame and gather.

Moving on...

Breeding and hatching.  As I am not a breeder or hatcher, I do not claim to have any working knowledge of this process.  

I am myself am a working professional with young children and have limited amount of time to play.

So, I asking those who do breed, where would you expect it to be to passable.  NOT dreamy, but passable, and why?  I will listen.

Second, tamed vs. wild power.  I'm all for balance.  So what do I tweek and why?  I dont want even ground mind you.  after all, they are tamed.  they are docile, and fight when necessary.  they don't fight for food and survival.

And which setting do I increase.  Per level or what?

Third...map location.  No.  lol.  use a compass and the sun.  it's fun.  seriously.  I'm not lying.  I swear.

Fourth..downloading a single animal.  Uhm....no.  This is what punked my last server.  people were downloading these ungodly creatures breed in hell and unleashed on the masses.  No. No.  No.

Fifth.  Food and water.  Fine.  I'll give you this one.  I'll lower it 25%.  That work?

Finally.  As you can see, I am nothing if not a understanding admin.  I'm not comfortable with all the changes I have made and the changes I am sure that are to come.  But I ask this of you all.

I will listen to valid issues that produce discussions that may or may not lead to change.  make your argument and I will listen.

Once this server goes live.......that's it.  This is our world and the rules we live by.  I get the server may not be for all of you and that is kinda the point.  This server was designed to be tough and diffrent from the other cookie cutters.  Please respect my vision and I am willing to work with you all.  I comprised too much on the last server and I lost control and lost interest.  I'm so excited for this new mod and sharing it with all of you.  I want to keep it that way.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Food and water adjustments are welcomed so 25% is better than nothing lol.

I agree with you on the no downloads allowed.

Will you be willing to make the adjustments on the TEMPORARY server so we can feel them out. Hard to give honest feedback without field tests.

Thanks!

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think 5x on breeding is doable won't be a quick endevour but possible on a weekend. Once you try breeding and raising something you will understand. 

Food and water changes are very much welcomed. 

And yes field testing these settings prior to p+ would be nice. Let us know when you make the changes and we will try to get you feedback asap. 

54 minutes ago, Freezevortex said:

Gotta say the Dino damage is pretty brutal. I got like 2 shot by a titanomyrna in level 25 

It's definitely not for the faint of heart. Best way to deal with the bugs is stand in the shallows of the water and kill them. Always be on the look out for them and be ready to run. It slowly gets livable as you level more and get armor. It makes the game alot more exciting when you never know what's hiding in the grass about to kill you for the 20th time that day. I'd recommend multiple beds on this server.

38 minutes ago, DarthArkPrime said:

yeah.  I haven't been home to tweek the damage levels.  

I'll have to shut down the server for a bit to make it happen.  still gonna be tough.  make bug repellant.  that's what I did.  you can hear them coming.

I don't mind tough but at least a bit more survivable. Those bugs must destroy dinos lol

16 hours ago, Phantom425 said:

WOW. I just read all 5 pages of this thread.
I'm excited! I'm afraid! I'm impassioned! I can't wait to see how it ends!
(the July 28th discussion was especially dramatic)

DarthArkPrime! For God's sake, you should be a motivational speaker!
If it wasn't for the fact that I hate interacting with other people, I'd be "in" in a heartbeat (if there was room for me, of course).
But my sorry hermit ass will die out there. Yes, I would die. Alone. Alot. And it would suck.
But damn, I wanna try anyway. lol.
You guys have given me a lot to think about...

Pain / death is just weakness leaving your game body.  If your the anti social / I hate the masses type, no worries.  Plenty of the small islands have no aggressors of any kind.  you can chill and be alone with your thoughts and when you crave human contact you can seek out the rest of us who will probably kill you on site.

j/k.  not really.  maybe.  strong chance of a maybe.  better join us to find out.

7 hours ago, MrFocus said:

With the breeding at X5 this will make a majority of the breeding times 8 hours Plus. Bringing the care amounts to 2 events per session. These times are very reasonable and can be completed on a Saturday or Sunday.

I am not sure how much a -.2 adjustment on the damage is going to offset the issue.

My reccomendations for wild dmg would be: up wild dino health on level to 1.2, and lower wild dino damage to 1.6.

This will still make us vulnerable while on foot and give us the needed confidence to move about the terrain.

Food and water adjustments are welcomed so 25% is better than nothing lol.

I agree with you on the no downloads allowed.

Will you be willing to make the adjustments on the TEMPORARY server so we can feel them out. Hard to give honest feedback without field tests.

Thanks!

I say breeding/raising at 5 or 6 will be perfect. I'd prefer 6 but that's me. Hatching to the trough stage are the important parts for me.

As far as dino damage I agree with what Focus says here but I would say in addition change the Melee Dmg and Health Dmg increases per level (like melee is 5%/lvl so change it to 10%/lvl or something similar).

Thanks for the food/water adjustments.  We'll take it!

I can understand the no downloads.  Never hurts to ask though haha.

Darth man I appreciate you as an admin.  I've been impressed so far.  Other admins spawn in crap and cheat/change rules to suit their agendas so I appreciate you being firm but fair.  

Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, FIREhawk said:

I say breeding/raising at 5 or 6 will be perfect. I'd prefer 6 but that's me. Hatching to the trough stage are the important parts for me.

As far as dino damage I agree with what Focus says here but I would say in addition change the Melee Dmg and Health Dmg increases per level (like melee is 5%/lvl so change it to 10%/lvl or something similar).

Darth man I appreciate you as an admin.  I've been impressed so far.  Other admins spawn in crap and cheat/change rules to suit their agendas so I appreciate you being firm but fair.  

Thoughts?

6 breeding in my opinion is best. I personally would love to get into breeding and all but cant since it takes so damn long that I cannot ever find the time between work, and having to sleep so I CAN work lol

22 minutes ago, FIREhawk said:

Thoughts?

I appreciate your feedback.  I'm just looking for a honest challenge.  I feel like I deserve the victory if I get my azz kicked a couple hundred times before I succeed.  can't wait to see the creations for the island.

I'm in law enforcement and I see first hand what just giving something to people vs. earning does.  It's quite sad really.  Friend of mine who is a therapist for grade schools says he is scared for that generation.  I have to agree.  

Let's work together and figure it out.

remember, once it goes live, no more tweeks.  if there is a patch and something good gets screwed up we will deal with it then.

1 hour ago, DarthArkPrime said:

I appreciate your feedback.  I'm just looking for a honest challenge.  I feel like I deserve the victory if I get my azz kicked a couple hundred times before I succeed.  can't wait to see the creations for the island.

Ya I like the challenge also.  

Darth, what are your thoughts on the level bumps and breeding @ 6? 

I'm not sure what options there are to keep tames on a somewhat level playing field. The suggestion of giving them more increase per level is probably the best way, you could just double the level increase per level for health and melee. 

I'm glad you are open to suggestions and thank you for listening. Please let us know when you actually apply the changes. I finally got a trike tamed but it took forever. 

48 minutes ago, FIREhawk said:

Ya I like the challenge also.  

Darth, what are your thoughts on the level bumps and breeding @ 6? 

I like how you worded that...

yailikethexhallengealso.....how about level bumps and breeding @ 6 to make our lives EASIER!  rofl

Again, I know virtually nothing about breeding . I have never once messed with it.  I approved 5 as requested and argued by a few of your peers.  Isn't that enough?

2 minutes ago, Deemo627 said:

I'm not sure what options there are to keep tames on a somewhat level playing field. The suggestion of giving them more increase per level is probably the best way, you could just double the level increase per level for health and melee. 

I'm glad you are open to suggestions and thank you for listening. Please let us know when you actually apply the changes. I finally got a trike tamed but it took forever. 

Once the kids bail out of minecraft I'll make the changes.

Ok....there is a alot of stats to mess with.

I changed the following:

but I want honest feedback.  HONEST!  Please keep in mind what I am trying to achieve people.

x 3 gather...up from 2.5

x 4 tame.....up from 2.5

x 5 all breeding / hatching stats including baby food consumption (x 5 for this too fast???????)

1.7 Dino power...down from 2.0

1.2 Wild dino health per level ...up from 1.0

Now, because tamed dinos stats per level and add per level have not been tampered with in ANY way since beginning, I'm hoping lowering total dino power and using slightly their health as a couple of you have suggested will assist in your endeavors.

Honestly, this statement alone is one I'm not happy with.  I really like the idea of 2.0 total power....if i can tweek the tamed power of dinos per level or % add per level....make hunting good dinos a must.  give me feedback.  

kinda a fish out of water here.

Settings look good for the most part. 

Wild dinos can probably stay at 2.0 if you increase tamed Dino health per level to 1.5 or so AND melee damage per level to 1.5. 

The breeding settings look great. I have no idea about the baby food consumption affecting the actual time to raise the Dino. Looking online it looks like it just makes them not eat a crazy amount like they normally do. 

As always thank you for listening. 

I've been liking the new settings, still challenging and bugs are tough, but I am enjoying the challenge. tamed a bunch of low level dinosaurs with berries and lost a scorpion to a bug. I figure 150 perfect tames should be able tof handle anything short of gigas and alphas even with these settings, and I like the need to coordinate against the islands biggest threats.

36 minutes ago, Freezevortex said:

The Dino damage can be rough starting out but if you keep at it and find a safe place it's a lot of fun to play on the server. But people show have in mind that everything you do on the server right now will be wiped when prim+ is out so see it like a trial. 

Thanks Freeze for the great back.  Be sure to share the name of the fool who messed with your tame so we can return the favor 10 fold.  Punk move.  Keeping the dinos protected from other dinos is tough enough during a tame.

Archived