Need Help Taming Dinosaurs in Ark: Survival Evolved

Hey everyone,

I've been playing Ark: Survival Evolved for a while now and I'm having trouble taming some of the dinosaurs. I've tried different techniques and methods, but I'm still struggling to successfully tame them.

Specifically, I'm having difficulty with the timing and resources needed for taming certain dinosaurs. I've read through some guides online, but I'm looking for more personalized advice from experienced players.

I also check this: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/730805-advice-on-taming-high-level-dinosaursruby  , but I have not found any solution.

If anyone has any tips, tricks, or strategies for effectively taming dinosaurs in Ark, I would greatly appreciate your help. 

Thanks for your assistance!

Short version : Tame low, Breed High.

----------------------------------------

I Am just getting back into playing after a long break but I would think that taming hasn't changed much while I was gone.

I used to play on Official 432 (The Island) a long time ago, The person there who taught me to play never bothered to tame high level dino's, He found it to be more effective to tame low/mid level and level them up putting points into stats you want the high level dino to have, then breed them, take the offspring and do the same thing until you had high level dinos. This gives you high level dino's with the stats you want. It takes some time that way but it's much easier in my opinion than trying to prep to tame a high level alone, plus you should get a better dino.

For example, we would tame a Rex, put points into Health, Weight, Stamina and Mele, once it and it's mate were maxed, breed them, then put points into the same stats of the offspring, rinse and repeat. Once we had a high-level offspring they would have better stats in those area's than any we could tame at the same level, especially if we managed to get the bonus' while raising the baby. Often there was nothing that spawned on the island that the final rex could not take.

That said, it's been my experience that there is no "one size fits all" strategy for taming, if you give more info about what dino's and what kind of problems you have, it might help people to guide you on how to get better at taming it. If your playing on a server with experienced players, they might be willing to help teach you better strategies for taming the dinos your having problems with.

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2024 at 5:17 AM, bjonson974 said:

Hey everyone,

I've been playing Ark: Survival Evolved for a while now and I'm having trouble taming some of the dinosaurs. I've tried different techniques and methods, but I'm still struggling to successfully tame them.

Specifically, I'm having difficulty with the timing and resources needed for taming certain dinosaurs. I've read through some guides online, but I'm looking for more personalized advice from experienced players.

I also check this: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/730805-advice-on-taming-high-level-dinosaursruby  , but I have not found any solution.

If anyone has any tips, tricks, or strategies for effectively taming dinosaurs in Ark, I would greatly appreciate your help. 

Thanks for your assistance!

Dododex.com has alot of good information and what is needed for each tame.