skarf

Suggestion

Hi! I would like to request some sort of phobia-setting, at least for the more well known ones. The solution is quite simple; Allow me to change the titanboa-model into a different model. It can be a dodo or a lystrosaurus, it doesn't matter. I don't want the dino to change behavior, just the model and sound it makes. My phobia is through the roof when it comes to snakes, and it's keeping me from enjoying the game and exploring it on my own. For caves I always have to be with people and play without sound. 

I find it strange that there is no such setting in the game already after almost 10 years of development, but I'm digressing. I spoke with Genie in a stream once, and he told me to add a suggestion. 

Edited by skarf

13 replies to this server topic

53 minutes ago, MalarOpossum867 said:

If you really have a phobia of snakes, kill every Titanoboa on sight with a strong mount. Even though they can easily KO and kill you and your smaller mounts, a large mount, such as a Therizino or a Rex with at least 300% melee, can easily kill them. Beware in caves! Titanoboa spawn in 3 of them!

I'm not trying to be sassy or anything, but did you actually understand what I wrote? Not sure you know how a phobia works.. I can't get close to them. The mere sight of them frightens me and I'll pull my legs up from the ground and run/fly in the opposite direction if I spot one in the distance. "Beware in caves", like.. I'm unable to do caves alone. Friends have to join and go in front to kill. 

Yes, maybe it can also be done for spiders? But do you know that those snakes are fake? Your phobia is so strong, it's a game changer! Do you know that there are people who are afraid of birds or straight lines in general? If WC had to consider all animal phobias it would waste more time on that than on developing the game 

Edited by aikkam

5 minutes ago, aikkam said:

Yes, maybe it can also be done for spiders? But do you know that those snakes are fake? Your phobia is so strong, it's a game changer! Do you know that there are people who are afraid of birds or straight lines in general? If WC had to consider all animal phobias it would waste more time on that than on developing the game 

Are they really fake? How dumb I am for not knowing this. "Hi! I would like to request some sort of phobia-setting, at least for the more well known ones." It's literally in the first sentence, learn how to read. This is also a page for suggestions, so if you don't like this suggestion you can move on to the other one. You're not as cool as you think you are for making these kinds of comments.

2 hours ago, skarf said:

Sono davvero falsi? Quanto sono stupido per non saperlo. " Ciao! Vorrei richiedere una sorta di setting fobico, almeno per quelle più conosciute." È letteralmente nella prima frase, impara a leggere. Questa è anche una pagina di suggerimenti, quindi se non ti piace questo suggerimento puoi passare all'altro. Non sei così bravo come pensi di essere nel fare questo tipo di commenti.

Even if what you're asking makes sense and there isn't one, do you think it would work? for example if you saw the titanoboa as a dodo how do you understand where the real body of the titanoboa is, the 2 animals have very different shapes and sizes, where would you place the image of the dodo instead of the snake's head? in the middle of the body? or at the end of the tail? in any case, in this way it would be very easy for you not to realize you have him nearby and die without understanding what happened  

4 hours ago, skarf said:

Non sto cercando di essere impertinente o qualcosa del genere, ma hai davvero capito cosa ho scritto? Non sono sicuro che tu sappia come funziona una fobia... Non riesco ad avvicinarmi a loro. La sola vista di loro mi spaventa e solleverò le gambe da terra e correrò/volerò nella direzione opposta se ne vedo uno in lontananza. "Attenzione alle caverne", tipo... Non sono in grado di fare le caverne da solo. Gli amici devono unirsi e andare avanti per uccidere. 

if your phobia is so strong that you are so afraid of ark's titanoboa even though you know that it is fake and that it looks like a snake as much as a cucumber, change the game 

3 hours ago, skarf said:

Sono davvero falsi? Quanto sono stupido per non saperlo. " Ciao! Vorrei richiedere una sorta di setting fobico, almeno per quelle più conosciute." È letteralmente nella prima frase, impara a leggere. Questa è anche una pagina di suggerimenti, quindi se non ti piace questo suggerimento puoi passare all'altro. Non sei così bravo come pensi di essere nel fare questo tipo di commenti.

yes this is a suggestions page where people propose ideas and others comment on them, if the proposed idea doesn't make sense I and everyone else have every right to write it and if it offends you it's only your problem 

6 hours ago, skarf said:

Trovo strano che non esista già un'ambientazione del genere nel gioco dopo quasi 10 anni di sviluppo, ma sto divagando. Una volta ho parlato con Genie in uno stream e mi ha detto di aggiungere un suggerimento. 

do you really find it strange that ark doesn't have this feature? sorry but is there a game with this function? If you or anyone else knows a game with this feature could you write the name of the game? I ask out of pure curiosity  

17 hours ago, aikkam said:

yes this is a suggestions page where people propose ideas and others comment on them, if the proposed idea doesn't make sense I and everyone else have every right to write it and if it offends you it's only your problem 

How does adding some sort of phobia-setting not make sense? You tried to be funny and talked about people having a phobia for straight lines. Without having checked the statistics, I'm pretty sure more people have a phobia against snakes than straight lines.

The fact that you think this offends me is hilarious. I'm not offended, just annoyed by people like you who can't just scroll past something without trying to be the "funny man". I also find it hilarious that you (or that other moron) went out of your way to upvote your own comment and downvote mine. 

Your way of discussing is juvenile at best, and the fact that I'm wasting time on answering you is actually my problem and I'm doing something about that now by following the one rule everyone can agree on; Don't feed the troll. 

Enjoy the silence.