modded Modded structure placement issues and more.

MinX00

Hi there! I'm brand new to the forums here, so I apologise in advance if this is the incorrect place to seek help in but my husband and I are at our utter wits end. I've searched Google, I asked on the discord, we've scoured and played with ini settings, permissions, wiped mods, reinstalled them, uninstalled and reinstalled the game-you name it and we've likely tried it.

Please, any suggestions or help and advice would be wonderful. I can't stand playing vanilla 🥺 

So to start this off, my husband hosts a local non-dedicated modded server for us. We keep the mods up to date. However, we've had issues with it from day 1, all of which have been for me. So the issue is that any non-vanilla structures can't be placed, it simply shows the placement of it and then doesn't appear if placed. Here's the weird part though, most of the time if it CAN be placed it will instead place something else entirely different (Modded structure as well). I've discovered that if I pick up the random item that it picked, it will (usually, not always) place down the original structure.

Simplified:  Modded fridge ---> Modded wall.   Modded wall ---> Modded fridge, or not at all. As I said, this rule doesn't seem to apply to every item. 

Initially we thought it could be an Automated Ark issue, so we removed it entirely from our game. And would you believe it? The issue had resolved for me! Except...It came back after logging on the next day, so clearly we had infact not solved the problem still. Second part to this is that this isn't just the problem for myself. I tested it in singleplayer and there was no issues whatsoever, however if I made a non-ded server and had my husband join then HE started having the exact same issues, mostly where he couldn't place any structures down at all, even in my tribe and admin/permissions turned on (It didnt seem to put random items down although I dont think we tested it enough). From what I see, it could be a hosting issue?

So far I cannot find a single other person who has had this problem. Help is appreciated, I'm burned out on troubleshooting it for days and days on end. 😭

This is a classic sign of the mod was corrupted on updating or installation. Your best bet is to uninstall the mod and reinstall it on the server, and if that doesn't fix it, then you will need to load the client and remove the mod and install it again. I suggest if you need to remove the Mod from the client, and you rely on it for a Single Player game, then exit the game first and load it back up and install the mod before playing the map.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

This is a classic sign of the mod was corrupted on updating or installation. Your best bet is to uninstall the mod and reinstall it on the server, and if that doesn't fix it, then you will need to load the client and remove the mod and install it again. I suggest if you need to remove the Mod from the client, and you rely on it for a Single Player game, then exit the game first and load it back up and install the mod before playing the map.

We already uninstalled all the mods and then reinstalled them and nothing changed. I even uninstalled my whole game and reinstalled it, which I'll check for any change when my husband gets home to start the server up. We even deleted our whole previous server and made a new one and still are having the issues.

Not only that but when we checked the ini files the game seems to not be adding mod IDs into the gameusersettings.ini, when we checked it again it was missing around 14 ids or had copied several.

Edited by MinX00