Mass Disconnect Protection in Boss Arenas

Ayukyo

Suggestion

If you are in a boss fight and your entire server experiences a mass disconnect, change it to where it doesn't wipe everything in the boss instance. Kick us back to the terminal like server crashes have been doing. 3/3 this week, we start a boss fight, crash ~2 minutes in, log straight back in and everything is dead. HUGE waste of resources to something that is totally beyond the players control beyond just not doing bosses at all.

6 replies to this server topic

Great idea.   This has been going on since ASA Launched.   I realize it's a new version, and Wildcard folks are busy trying to work on bugs, but it seems like this should take high priority.  It must be easily reproduced, since it happens more often than not.  The hours it takes to get ready for the boss fights are in the hundreds, and it all gets taken away in an instant by a bug.  It's not just a playability bug, it's a slap in the face for dedicated players.  

If you don't know what we mean, go try to fight the dragon.  Raise good dinos, imprint on them, and level them up.   Farm thousands of Poly so you can craft excellent quality shotguns.   Spend hours farming mats for shotgun shells and armor and med brews.  Spends dozens more hours gathering the required items for tributes.  Now go take 7 others who have all also spent three hundred hours getting to this point and load into the dragon fight.  Two minutes later you'll all get disconnected and respawn on the beach naked.   Your dinos are all gone.  Your shotguns gone.  your armor gone.  Everything you just spent hundreds of hours gaining is all lost for no fault of your own, but the game just spat in your face.    

Alpha Tek cave last night server crash/reset twice with us in there. Both times we spawn back in the tek cave but no enemies no timer but stuck in the cave till someone comes to start it which kills all tames all players. Wildcard needs some kind of fail safe to protect players hard work rather than the typical response that is “ we got arked “ 

On 31/12/2023 at 19:49, Ayukyo said:

Se ti trovi in una lotta contro un boss e l'intero server subisce una disconnessione di massa, modificala in modo che non cancelli tutto nell'istanza del boss. Riportaci al terminale come hanno fatto i crash del server. 3/3 di questa settimana, iniziamo una lotta contro un boss, ci fermiamo per circa 2 minuti, accediamo nuovamente e tutto è morto. ENORME spreco di risorse per qualcosa che è totalmente al di fuori del controllo dei giocatori oltre al semplice non fare affatto i boss.

I think you better not hope for some WC action to resolve bugs, crashes and similar things 

Today has been the second time I have lost an army of 14 Rex’s trying to enter a boss fight as well as all the artifacts and tributes it’s just not good enough. If a crash is detected with a player entering a boss fight solo why is everything automatically killed off rather than spawned back into the server will anything ever be done.