ASA PS5 Dino Names Not Displayed

BeardedTit

Hi all, sorry if this issue has been covered, but I searched and couldn't find anything that related to our problem.

So we have ASA on PS5. I have a couple of users on the system so that my partner and I can both play our own single player ARKs. My partner is having trouble renaming her tames, though. Take her Baryonyx for example - she renamed it 'Drizzle', and when she confirmed the name, the green floating text above the Bary did not change. The weird thing is that if you go into the dino tracking info on the inventory menu, it does display the name 'Drizzle', instead of just 'Baryonyx'.

tl:dr So basically, the game has recognised that the tames have been renamed, but it isn't displaying that name above them on-screen.

Has anyone else had this, or have advice on what we can do to fix it? Have we accidentally messed with a setting somewhere or is it a glitch related to running the game on multiple users with the same system? Thank you very much in advance for any advice you folks can give.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for the question but: does only a small green icon with no writing appear above your Bary? Or do you see all the text in green "Baryonix lv xxx"? If you only see the icon then you have the "reduced names" setting enabled and in this case to view the dino's name you must look at the center of that icon, this option can be changed in the settings. There are two different settings that affect the floating names of Player and Dino.

5 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

Hi, sorry for the question but: does only a small green icon with no writing appear above your Bary? Or do you see all the text in green "Baryonix lv xxx"? If you only see the icon then you have the "reduced names" setting enabled and in this case to view the dino's name you must look at the center of that icon, this option can be changed in the settings. There are two different settings that affect the floating names of Player and Dino.

It displays the full green text "Baryonyx Lvl xxx", basically as if you haven't yet named it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This problem also just happened to me and reloading it hasn’t fixed the issue, 4/18/24

ive been playing single player with my ps5 connected to internet, today I loaded it up with my router turned off. That’s when the problem occurred, it might be a coincidence. My Internet is down being worked on so I can’t check loading up the game with wifi connection just yet