How to get PlayerID using RCON?

PaleoGamer

Edit: Forgot to say: this is in SE, not ASA.

What I want is (or shoud be) easy:

I want a way to get the UE4 PlayerID number for every connected player. And I want to get it thorugh RCON. I know I can use the myadmin panel, but it will not work for me.

"But why do You want to do it this way?", You ask.

Easy. I want to run a periodical "lottery" on the server. Every amount of time (let's say 24 hours), a script is run. It will find who is online, and run a "lottery" of a given item. This item (its blueprint, in fact) will be sent to the lucky one inventory.

And I don't want to be around to do it. I have already solved everything. Everything, but this pesky playerid. How do I find it? The good and old "GetPlayerIDForSteamID" is bugged, and returns a false result. I already tried to correlate it with SteamID, but no joy.

Weirdly enough, the "GetTribeIdPlayerList" works from in game, but hard crashes the server through RCON. If someone could help me with this, it could be a way.

Any ideas? Suggestions? The server runs on Linux, and the scripts would be run through cron - locally too.

Edited by PaleoGamer

• PaleoGamer changed the title to How to get PlayerID using RCON?
13 hours ago, Larkfields said:

listplayers works through rcon - that gives the steam id.

You could then read that player's .arkprofile to get their player id.

Yeah, I will do it. This is something I was trying to not do, but I'm not seeing much alternative here. Shame, if only listplayers gave both ids - or if getplayridfromsteamid wasn't borked...

Edited by PaleoGamer
Putting my answer outside of the quoting.