[A:SA]: How to enable crossplay (e.g. XBOX) on a steamcmd dedicated server?

pleinx

Have any you guys tried to make a server and see if it shows up on xbox and if player can join it seem like we dont need to add anything for crossplay but dont have and Xbox Series X to test that theory I have one Running Called   

POK-PVE-Community-ARK-Server-NO-WIPE    

Ask you Buddies if they Can join it and if they can we dont need to add anything to be able to join unofficial Servers     

Edited by acekorneya

4 minutes ago, acekorneya said:

Have any you guys tried to make a server and see if it shows up on xbox and if player can join it seem like we dont need to add anything for crossplay but dont have and Xbox Series X to test that theory I have one Running Called   

Ask you Buddies if they Can join it and if they can we dont need to add anything to be able to join unofficial Servers     

Is this a Nitrado Server?

1 minute ago, Vakarian said:

Is this a Nitrado Server?

No Running on My Own hardware and that was my other question if Crossplay was a Nitrado thing only but if people can join my own server who are on Xbox then that would tell us if its an Nitrado only feature or Not 

Edited by acekorneya

• pleinx changed the title to [A:SA]: How to enable crossplay (e.g. XBOX) on a steamcmd dedicated server?

So you can install aRK: Survival Ascended Dedicated Server from STEAM, then when you run it, you will see the text: Server: "ARK #234342 has successfully started!

You can type the 234234 (or whatever your is) to join from Xbox. I confirm the server shows up, but I am having difficulties connecting, but I have only tried 5 times. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2023 at 2:04 PM, acekorneya said:

Dawg i beg you please tell the batch file i cant figure out how to let my xbox see it i dont even know if its set up right 

1 hour ago, Migman120 said:

Dawg i beg you please tell the batch file i cant figure out how to let my xbox see it i dont even know if its set up right 

I did not do anything special; the GameUserSettings.ini and Game.ini files are all default. I can provide them to you, but there is nothing special that I did. From what I know, you do not have to do anything to enable Crossplay; it is enabled by default. However, I am also hosting on my own hardware under Linux. I do not use server providers, as I believe they are all poor value for money. However, if you like, you are welcome to join our server: POK-PVE-Community-ARK-Server-NO-WIPE. We are a friendly community and are happy to help new players get started. 

Edited by acekorneya

1 hour ago, acekorneya said:

I did not do anything special; the GameUserSettings.ini and Game.ini files are all default. I can provide them to you, but there is nothing special that I did. From what I know, you do not have to do anything to enable Crossplay; it is enabled by default. However, I am also hosting on my own hardware under Linux. I do not use server providers, as I believe they are all poor value for money. However, if you like, you are welcome to join our server: POK-PVE-Community-ARK-Server-NO-WIPE. We are a friendly community and are happy to help new players get started. 

Did you have to do all the port forwarding stuff for it to be shown on the xbox server list because i think thats what my problem is

19 hours ago, acekorneya said:

well yeah you have to forward you ports for player to be able to join outside yo

Edit* i figured it out after 3 days of looking, i had to use wf.msc or something like that to make an inbound rule and set the ports

Edited by Migman120
Heyy i figured it out

So can anyone share what port forwarding address they are using? I tried following this link https://portforward.com/ark-survival-ascended/ but it didnt seem to solve my issue. Steam users out side my network can connect and I can connect from a Xbox on my local network, but Xboxes outside my network cannot connect. So I believe its a port forwarding issue. Can any of you that have gotten it to work share what all you changed to port forwarding?

[EDIT - IGNORE THIS POST. It turns out -crossplay is enabled by default on ASA, so my issues were something different. I would normally just delete this post but don't see the option.]

So I went through some crazy explorations trying to fix this - the answer is simple but insane:

Add -crossplay to the very end of your server launch string. 

I started by using this guide: https://hub.tcno.co/games/asa/dedicated_server/

In it is the (broken) launch command, as I'll list below (used in the launch batch file):

start server\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ArkAscendedServer.exe TheIsland_WP?listen?SessionName=<SERVER_NAME>?ServerPassword=<password>?ServerAdminPassword=<ADMIN_PASS>?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=32 -NoBattlEye

THE STRING ABOVE WILL NOT WORK. My server would not appear in the Unofficial tab of the server list on my Xbox. Simple adding -crossplay at the end of the string fixed it, ie:

start server\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ArkAscendedServer.exe TheIsland_WP?listen?SessionName=<SERVER_NAME>?ServerPassword=<password>?ServerAdminPassword=<ADMIN_PASS>?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=32 -NoBattlEye -crossplay

You must add it at the very end (and yes, I know that seems insane). I originally had it in front of the -NoBattlEye and it failed. Moving it to the end immediately caused my server to be available within the Xbox client (though I had to search for the name and refresh a few times).

Hope that helps!

Edited by avrignaud

• 1 month later...