Feedback on the new building system

acat

1. In asa it is easy to push structures into the terrain, which is a cool thing overall. But it is also possible to have foundations so far into the ground that they are not visible and can not be damaged by explosives. This is a big problem for pvp, even more so since orbit cam doesnt let u see underground anymore (which i think is good otherwise).

2. In contrast to how easy it is to push things into mesh, it is now pretty much impossible to mesh structures into other structures. In ase you could for example have triangle ceilings go into square ones, which helped a lot in certain scenarios. Or ceilings going slightly into crafting stations. Not possible anymore. It would also be nice to be able to put ramps in a rectangular corner goin up both ways instead of only being able to do one.

3. WHY IS THERE A LIMIT OF REGULAR GENERATORS? I dont see a reason and it is extremely frustrating, since the limit of 3 is pretty low and the affected area is damn huge.

4. Usually when building i am able to stop the preview/unselect the item by presssing right mouse button. Not in orbit cam. it just doesnt work there for some reason, which is annoying.

5. When building in orbit cam and pressing the place button once, to get to the part where i can rotate the object before fully placing it, it automatically turns (a bit or a lot, depending on how much i moved my mouse since entering orbit cam), making lining up beforehand pointless. Super annyoing. It only happens while in orbit cam. Positive note: the place where things go is now same with or without orbit cam, doesnt change anymore like in ase, thats nice.

6. It is nice how things can just be picked back up and everything connected comes with it. But why is the one thing you could always pick up in ase, the sleeping bag, now the only thing you can not pick up in asa? Let us pick it up!

7. Why is the vaults hitbox so much smaller than its visual model? Especially on the top it is off by a lot, on the sides it is less but still so much that canvases placed on the vault get covered completely by the vaults visual model.

Besides those points, i like the new way snap points get handled, it is a lot less frustrating now. Also love how turrets can now go everywhere, thats a great change.

• Like 1

There are some flaws agreed. Love also the more reliable snap accuracy. No shifted ceiling/walls anymore with gaps.

I want to add, the ladders ingame have a ridicioulus large hitbox. Combined with a ceilingpiece with a thatchdoor/gate, it is impossible to open the door up while beeing on the ladder, you will always let got the ladder and fall down when pushing E.

• Thanks 1