asa What's your ideal PvP & PvE server rates and MODs for long-term play?

DTM

Hey ya'll!

Looking to get some of your thoughts and input on a good middle ground for ARK Survival Ascended. I know it's still fairly new so the volume may vary, however, I'm looking into upgrading my home dedicated server from the ground up with 128GB RAM so that we can have a nice selection of PvP and PvE maps for players to enjoy.
I've got 2 servers so far for ASA, PvP and PvE (separate servers) and since it takes literally 10GB to run one map, this would make sense why the 128GB is needed. My goal is to provide ppl with a fun, active and engaging PvP and PvE community with a good balance of rates, while minimizing the potential for any server crashing, rubber-banding and poor server performance.

For rates, this is what I have so far and the count of new players has been pretty low or many ppl don't stay for long enough. So for full transparency, I'm looking to see if it's worth upgrading to a new server altogether or not.

Let me know what your thoughts are and why, preferably with some more detail would be great. I know it's not possible to please everyone, although, I'm just looking to see if I can find a good middle ground as I see many servers out there with super high rates and it just makes me wonder if ppl loose interest in those later or if ours is too grindy. Thanks in advance!

PvE
More mods with ~45 day autodecay period for structures and dinos, this was deliberate to allow for less pressure on ppl to logon.
3x XP
3x Harvest
8x Taming
20x Breeding and Egg Hatching
35x Maturation Speed (~2hrs 40min for a Rex to grow up with 100% imprint)
Mating cooldown = ~7min 33sec - 20min 9sec

Mods (PvE)

PvP
Kept it light on mods and no mods that alter any gameplay. Tried to keep it as close to vanilla as possible, for us working adults lol

3x XP
3x Harvest
6x Taming
12x Breeding and Egg Hatching
20x Maturation Speed (4hrs 37min for Rex)
Mating cooldown = ~8hrs - 21h 20min

Mods (PvP)
  • Super Spyglass Plus (Goal here, vanilla as possible with slight QOL from this spyglass mod)
    •  
      DisableNightVision=true
      DisableOutlineMode=true
      OutlineRange=0
      DisableSupplyDropInfo=true
      DisableItembagInfo=true
      DisableStructureInfo=true
      DisableTheSpyglassOnEnemyTribes=true
      OnlyShowStatsForTames=true
      OnlyHPonEnemyTribeDinos=True

I'd say go for something that you find enjoyable.
I've tried tinkering with settings to please others - but "vocal" players almost always leave the server quickly anyway.

I think mods present a risk to servers.  If the author stops making updates, or WildCard change something (like the major-version number) then mods can break and leave the save file unplayable or worse, unloadable.

• Thanks 1