New movement optimizations are....clunky.

DEDFUZE

It is not news that the official servers are in chaos right now, however, apart from the rollbacks, lag and problems with synchronization, there is a problem that also angers me and it is the topic of the following, if one of your dinos whistles at it so that This one follows you, it seems like it has the intelligence of a dodo because it will go everywhere except where you are. I guess this only happens on official servers, just like wild dinos that have clumsy movements.

• Thanks 1

yep - also part of the problem that some dinos are super easy to duel....You have been worried about no Movemenspeed? Well here it is. Dinos do no hit you anyway anymore, if you circle around them. Carno, Therino, Raptors --- just circle them on officials and you can hit them to death with your stonespear.

New AI or not - at the current state it is worse then Evolved

Edited by Arkolucious

Anyone else immediately feel today's movement optimizations? I'm running dedicated with friends on my own rig so latency isn't a problem but it's clear movement is snapping so heavily it's insane, you can feel it really badly if you sprint forward and then go to move left or right at the same time. This is....a really bad solution.

58 minutes ago, Traslo said:

Is there any way to deal with the new horrendous movement snapping on Ark dedicated servers atm? I'm getting it even when hosting dedicated locally with 6-7ms latency. Idk if they messed with tickrate or what but movement now feels legitimately terrible.

Not that I've found. And I agree -- it is awful.