Does cross-play also mean cross-save?

Lezaris

9 hours ago, Lezaris said:

So with crossplay can I play my same character and tribe on PVE official on Xbox and Steam? I haven’t found an answer to this yet anywhere.  But if I can play my tribe on either platform I would definitely pick a crossplay server over Xbox only….

Same character: No. Steam and Xbox are two different companies, two different products, two different licenses, two different copies of the game. You character on XBox will be tied to your XBox account and therefore will not be playable on Steam, and vice versa. Allowing more than one platform per server does not mean allowing a character to be shared between different platforms.

Same tribe: Yes (probably), but you would be using two different characters in the tribe, one from XBox and one from Steam.

On 11/4/2023 at 7:32 AM, Pipinghot said:

Same character: No. Steam and Xbox are two different companies, two different products, two different licenses, two different copies of the game. You character on XBox will be tied to your XBox account and therefore will not be playable on Steam, and vice versa. Allowing more than one platform per server does not mean allowing a character to be shared between different platforms.

Same tribe: Yes (probably), but you would be using two different characters in the tribe, one from XBox and one from Steam.

Bungie was able to pull it off. Cross progression save across Steam, PS, X-Box and even the Blizzard launcher. I can launch up on any of them and access my same toons.

2 hours ago, RavenousUnicorn said:

Bungie was able to pull it off. Cross progression save across Steam, PS, X-Box and even the Blizzard launcher. I can launch up on any of them and access my same toons.

True, we agree that can be done, but as far as I know it's not actually going to be done with ARK. It all comes down to whether this is something WC wants to support, and I haven't read anything that indicates they plan on doing this. Based on what I've seen and read I believe that they're going to keep accounts/platforms/characters separate from each other.

Mind you, I'd rather be wrong about this than right about it, would love to see them do it. If anyone has quoted from Discord, X(Twitter) or anywhere else from WC saying they have plans to do this, it would be great to find that out.

Edited by Pipinghot