Babys grow to adults in minutes?

Peteed1

So in ASA I haven't changed maturing rates at all yet a baby argy I hatched is 42% grown after less than 4 minutes and I can't imprint it for 20 minutes. It'll be an adult before I can imprint it once at base rates?

Single player settings is on and I only increased the rates on XP multiplier to 2x, taming speed multiplier to 8x and harvest yield multiplier to 8x myself. Surely none of those 3 multipliers effects maturation speed???

Does the default single player settings make babies mature too fast making imprinting impossible for everyone else? It seems to. Is this intended? 

Edited by Peteed1

8 hours ago, Fish77 said:

These are the breeding multipliers/intervals with single player settings

They don't scale right so anything that matures in under 1 hour 20 mins can't be imprinted

In ASA I set it to Single Player settings and here's what the advanced settings page lists them as.

Mating Interval = 0.5

Egg Hatch Speed = 5

Baby Mature Speed = 10

Baby Cuddle Interval = 0.25

I think those numbers you listed are for ASE not ASA which seems to have new numbers.

But yeah with these settings babies are adults in like 10 minutes and can't be imprinted the first time until after 20 minutes. Idk what to do.

Edited by Peteed1

Yeah a wild baby rex I imprinted could be cared for in 11 minutes but he was adult in less time.

In ark ASE did you have to multiply the single player settings values with the values in menu to get final values, not sure if ark ASA also works like that but that could explain the extremely fast grown speed. Like a 36.799 BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier *   10 Baby Mature Speed in menu gives a whooping 367,99x Baby mature speed

21 hours ago, Peteed1 said:

In ASA I set it to Single Player settings and here's what the advanced settings page lists them as.

Mating Interval = 0.5

Egg Hatch Speed = 5

Baby Mature Speed = 10

Baby Cuddle Interval = 0.25

I think those numbers you listed are for ASE not ASA which seems to have new numbers.

But yeah with these settings babies are adults in like 10 minutes and can't be imprinted the first time until after 20 minutes. Idk what to do.

Those settings in the menu are the new default settings for single player instead of having everything set at 1x, the fastest maturing dinos take just over 90 mins, cuddle interval is 2 hours but only dodos, lystros & Archaeopteryx can't be imprinted, everything else can, if you have single player settinga enable as well then it stacks on top of those and makes them ridiculously fast 

The best thing to do is uncheck single player settings as it completely messes up breeding, if the game is too hard then just boost the dino add per level multipliers and maybe increase baby imprint stat scale so you get a bigger reward for imprinting

Edited by Fish77