Could we get different rules for the Genesis Creature Submissions?

3mptylord

I'm not expecting overwhelming support for this idea. I know that ARK is primarily a dinosaur game and that everyone enjoys fighting over their favourite dinosaurs (and other extinct creatures).

However

Could we discuss the possibility of changing the 'extinct' requirement when it comes to Genesis Part 1 and Part 2 Creature Submission Contests? All of their current unique creatures represent genetically modified life forms or speculative evolutions of creatures that survived the apocalypse back on Earth. I think that it would be a missed opportunity just to introduce a new extinct creature into the Genesis Simulation or aboard the Genesis Ship, especially since the Genesis Ship is (in theory) delivering all the creatures that will be present in ARK 2. 

For Genesis Part 1, I think that creature submissions should be extremophiles. That creature submissions may include both extinct and extant creatures so long as they are highly adapted for a particular biome within the Genesis Simulation (active volcano, noxious bog, outer space, etc).

For Genesis Part 2, I think that creature submissions should comply with one of the following:

• A hybrid/chimera of at least two extant creatures (e.g. the Maewing) that will spawn within Eden or the SUMPs.
  • A speculative evolution of an extant creature that is adapted for the Space biome; the Corrupted Garden or Rockwell's Proliferation; or the mechanical areas of the ship. 

For example, here's a concept I created for a space-adapted manatee - the Astrosirenia.

300px-Emptylord_Astrosiren_concept_art.png

...and I'd really love to see what other players and more talented artists could come up with when given a speculative evolution prompt.

P.S. I wish I'd thought to post this feedback before the Extinction contest happened as I think Extinction would have also benefitted from a unique ruleset. To match its other unique creatures, I would have proposed  "The creature must be a speculative evolution of an extant (living) creature that is being proposed to have survived the apocalypse"... but it's too late for the Extinction vote. 

Edited by 3mptylord
fixed a few typos; there's probably more

It would be cool for the developers to make a vote for each genesis 1 biome (5 creatures). But this will never happen. Therefore, it seems to me that it will no longer be possible to assign a creature to any particular biome.

For example, my version of a creature that I want to propose for voting is a creature that lives “on the border” of biomes. And which has a chance to spawn during a mission / glitch / or teleport as a simulation “bug”. Actually my creature is Rockwell Scout. This is a cell from Rockwell’s body that managed to penetrate the simulation (as far as I know, according to the plot, Rockwell from Genesis 2 is trying to destroy the simulation). This creature is his lucky break inside. It will have 3 stages of evolution, similar to Ferox, evolving from a shoulder pet to a giant killer octopus.

Edited by Xepom