The best change you can make for ASA

banggugyangu

Suggestion

Dear Wild Card,

I know it's a bit late for a feature request for ASA, but I'd like to bring up what would be the best feature you could add to ASA:  A checkbox that disables controllers.

Some may bring up the "Deactivate Gamepad" button that appears in the escape menu whenever a gamepad is detected, but I would counter that with the following 2 points:  1)  This button simply changes the UI from the controller UI to the KBM UI.  As soon as a button is hit on a controller, it switches back to the controller UI, and the button appears again on the escape menu.  And 2)  This button does NOTHING about the force feedback vibration functions of an attached controller.  If a controller that has vibration is connected to your PC while the game is running, it will respond to all activities that trigger vibration within the game regardless if the controller is being used or not.

What I'm proposing is a means of disabling controller support entirely within the game's settings menu to prevent ALL interactivity with controllers.  Yes,  it's a very minor issue, but it's annoying.  It's especially annoying for me as I often times will have both ARK and another game running simultaneously.  Often times, the other games I will have running I play with a controller.  The irritating part with this is the fact that even when focus is lost, controller inputs are still passed to ARK, so both games receive inputs from the controller.  (There's a LOT of sitting and waiting in ARK, even with boosted rates.)

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet