WIll ASA have a host barrier on Non-dedicated servers?

JadeHellBlade910

I'm wondering if Ark: Survival Ascended will have host barriers on Non-dedicated, as it was on Playstation, X-box, and I believe Computers / Steam. I'm not familiar with the Steam version of Ark. But anyhow, I'm hoping to god there is no host barrier, and if there is, at least a toggle to turn it off. As I believe UE5 and the updated hardware and processing units of the newer generation consoles can uphold a stable server, even if there is no host barrier. As before, once upon a time, there was a brief period of time where Playstation didn't have the host barrier, and it was the most fun I had on Ark with my friends. Personally, I've never had any issues with it back then. But, after they removed it, my friends just stopped playing Ark all-together. Being tethered to me wasn't the most exhilarating experience. ( I tend to build a lot. ) So, for that reason, I ask, will there be a host barrier in the remaster? As that will play a large part in me getting it for my friends. I myself am definitely getting it however, for I love Ark even if I have been playing solo for almost 4-5 years now. 

Sincerely: Jade - A solo survivor. 

The big question to ask, is what is the performance differential? If ASA has significantly better performance on the same hardware, then removing the rubber band for play and host is feasible.  If the performance is relatively the same, however, then it's not.  Even on very high end hardware, ASE runs very poorly.  Without the right processor (high clock speed with high core count) it wouldn't be feasible to host a server and play on the same rig (which is what play and host is doing).  This is the reason for the rubber band as is.  I'm not saying it can't or won't happen, just saying that for it to actually happen, we would need a significant level of optimization that we simply haven't seen from wild card as of yet.  That said, they now have a decent amount of experience under their belts, so perhaps we can be pleasantly surprised.