change creatures behavior

fichsbox

Suggestion

1. Realism and Immersion: By making creature behavior more realistic, the game becomes more immersive. Players can better suspend disbelief and feel like they are truly interacting with prehistoric or mythical creatures.

2. Enhanced Challenge: Adjusting creature behavior can make the game more challenging. More strategic and thoughtful approaches may be required when dealing with creatures that exhibit complex behaviors, such as pack hunting or cooperative herding.

3. Behavioral Variety: Varying creature behaviors can add diversity to the game. Different creatures can have unique tactics, making encounters more interesting and less predictable.

4. Creature Interactions: With changes in behavior, creatures could interact with each other in more meaningful ways. For example, carnivores might hunt herbivores, or different species might compete for the same resources, leading to dynamic ecosystem dynamics.

5. Taming Complexity: Changes in creature behavior can impact the taming process. Some creatures might become easier or more difficult to tame based on their behaviors, adding depth to the taming mechanic.

6. Roleplay Opportunities: Altered creature behaviors can provide roleplayers with more opportunities for storytelling and character interactions. Different behaviors can lead to unique in-game narratives and roleplay scenarios.

7. Tactical Gameplay: Players would need to adapt their strategies and tactics when dealing with creatures that exhibit various behaviors. This encourages critical thinking and problem-solving.

8. Educational Value: Realistic creature behaviors can serve as an educational aspect of the game, allowing players to learn about animal behaviors and adaptations in a fun and interactive way.

9. Community Engagement: Changing creature behaviors can spark discussions and debates within the player community. Players may share strategies and insights on how to deal with different creatures, fostering a sense of community engagement.

10. Game Longevity: Frequent updates to creature behaviors can keep the game fresh and engaging for long-time players. It encourages them to explore new strategies and approaches, extending the game's longevity.

11. Balance and Game Design: Adjusting creature behaviors can help balance the game and fine-tune the overall gameplay experience. Developers can ensure that certain creatures are not overly dominant or underpowered.

12. Feedback Integration: Game developers can gather player feedback regarding creature behaviors and use it to make informed adjustments, ensuring that the game meets the desires of the player base.

It's important to strike a balance when changing creature behaviors to avoid making the game too difficult or frustrating. Player feedback and iterative adjustments based on gameplay testing are crucial to achieving a satisfying and balanced gameplay experience. Overall, modifying creature behaviors can add depth, challenge, and variety to ARK: Survival Evolved, making it a more engaging and dynamic game.

1 reply to this server topic

7 hours ago, fichsbox said:
  • Realism and Immersion: By making creature behavior more realistic, the game becomes more immersive. Players can better suspend disbelief and feel like they are truly interacting with prehistoric or mythical creatures.

• Enhanced Challenge: Adjusting creature behavior can make the game more challenging. More strategic and thoughtful approaches may be required when dealing with creatures that exhibit complex behaviors, such as pack hunting or cooperative herding.

• Behavioral Variety: Varying creature behaviors can add diversity to the game. Different creatures can have unique tactics, making encounters more interesting and less predictable.

Taming Complexity: Changes in creature behavior can impact the taming process. Some creatures might become easier or more difficult to tame based on their behaviors, adding depth to the taming mechanic.

Tactical Gameplay: Players would need to adapt their strategies and tactics when dealing with creatures that exhibit various behaviors. This encourages critical thinking and problem-solving.

Going in on the first point. Point 1, but a lot of other points you have, have more or less the same concept of idea, its more or less the same;

This is a given. Its like the moral of the initial game. The sensation players have is a very personal experience though. And its also subjectable to specific moments. Ive had these feelings of immersion and contact with wild life at several moments already with the poor AI Ark has now.
In the end its just a game and with some repetition ANY creatures behavior, no matter how good the AI is, its going to be predictable. Also because in the end they are animals and cant have that much AI, because in the end they arent really that smart AND have limited options to go for...

Eg: Now, creatures either run, or attack. But there is a lot more depth actually. Some creatures go for the water, and actually stick into it., so its hard to ko them etc.
But when they attack you, at some point they either choose to run because they feel their life is threatened. Occasionally they switch agro and run for unspecific reasons. I dont know if you ever experience this but you can see this as a nip and run that some animals do. This is somethings dog/pack-like creatures do. But its very specific to certain type of animals. So it will take a LOT of time to figure this out and work it out in solid scripts. Thats my idea...

Its very time consuming to add this immense next level immersion into the game. The current AI isnt all that bad and doesnt give limited results as in immersive momentarily gameplay. (not sure how to to call this) Though this is such a good worth of the game in my opinion also, they could get it added as a mod, payd and financed or not...

Creature Interactions: With changes in behavior, creatures could interact with each other in more meaningful ways. For example, carnivores might hunt herbivores, or different species might compete for the same resources, leading to dynamic ecosystem dynamics.

Creatures interacting too much with other creatures is not such a good idea in my opinion. I dont know if you know know Cape Havok??
Probably not, Only I call it that... Its the part on the Island West of the map where the biome is changing to snow. There is always a insane skirmish going on...
The Maps in general are too small for this. Well, not for SP, but online its too small to have creatures interact with everything they see. You will have to limit the amount of creatures to make this work, but online this will mean that 10-20 people hunt the same Rex, or its already dead and there are hardly any Rexes to find for everyone that comes in second...
If you let Everything react to everything, the servers maybe cant handle the simplest interactions, especially if you want to give them MORE AI. 

Eg. A Dodo gets attacked by a Raptor. Some stegos close know a Raptor is a possible threat for them too. They start to run and some decide to fight, but a carno smells blood and attacks the Stegos also but they have to then also fight off the raptor and kill it because else the meat isnt for the carno. Then some Dimos nip and try to scare off the carno, to get to that meat also... In the meanwhile a Bronto sees the running Stegos coming towards him and tailswipes in panic and accidently hits a dimorphodon that just ate a carno and a random pachy, bye bye carno, bye bye, pachys, bye bye raptor, dodo, stegos, dimos, and the bronto that got attacked in the end by the running stegos...
And then you stand there and think, what just happened...

I think there is good reason wildlife doesnt interact too much with other wildlife...

Roleplay Opportunities: Altered creature behaviors can provide roleplayers with more opportunities for storytelling and character interactions. Different behaviors can lead to unique in-game narratives and roleplay scenarios.

This is very vague to me. Storytelling? Narratives? What can a animal possibly tell you that you are going to understand?? Hlna is already there to tell you about references to events etc. Or you mean that for video making, more iteractions give more possible creative contect for videos etc..

Yes I agree, there could be more interactions with animals. But I have putted my opinion about this at topics before. In my opinion all creatures should have better follow/go to and "do this" commands. Most of all the follow (pathfinding) needs adjustment.
Maybe let creatures make a "Help! I cant find you, im stuck!" sound...
But I always plead for a new passive set of skillset. Something like Troodon and Therizino have. Something to make creatures have a new depth and personal role...

• Educational Value: Realistic creature behaviors can serve as an educational aspect of the game, allowing players to learn about animal behaviors and adaptations in a fun and interactive way.

• Community Engagement: Changing creature behaviors can spark discussions and debates within the player community. Players may share strategies and insights on how to deal with different creatures, fostering a sense of community engagement.

To vague or repetitive issues. Also this forum/reddit has PLENTY of topics about animal "behavoir"

• Game Longevity: Frequent updates to creature behaviors can keep the game fresh and engaging for long-time players. It encourages them to explore new strategies and approaches, extending the game's longevity.

• Balance and Game Design: Adjusting creature behaviors can help balance the game and fine-tune the overall gameplay experience. Developers can ensure that certain creatures are not overly dominant or underpowered.

• Feedback Integration: Game developers can gather player feedback regarding creature behaviors and use it to make informed adjustments, ensuring that the game meets the desires of the player base.

This will make the game not at all solid -> Very bad
Adjusting behavior = Bad
Balance = Finetuning = Risky, but possible neccecary
Feedback = Doesnt need to be more transparant, they do that on their own, we can read the patch notes. NOW we/some of us wait for ASA, thats all we can do...

Edited by SunsetErosion