• Volunteer Moderator

I move a continuing debate into another thread that was covering this topic back in July.  Feel free to debate the concept/topic of creature submissions limits there.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/695960-creature-submissions/#comment-3483374

6 hours ago, Delran said:

To all those continuing with the same broken record statement of, "it doesn't fit here", that is a factually incorrect statement. It could realistically exist on any ARK outside of ones that are entirely glacial (or perhaps entirely underwater as well?). Spiders, including jumping spiders, exist almost everywhere on Earth outside of polar regions. A quick and easy Google search of, "Do jumping spiders live everywhere in the world?" yields these results: "You can find jumping spiders all over the world, except in polar areas like Antarctica. Most are found in tropical forests, temperate forests, grasslands, scrublands, and sometimes deserts."

Hey Delran, you and Sovira have done a great job with Maevia Eureka and it’s y’all’s right to keep submitting her until she wins if you choose to do so, it’s in the rules, I really want her in the game along with many, many others in the Ark community, please don’t let anyone pressure you to withdraw your submission or change your mind, the admins need to delete all the negative comments on everyone’s submission, I’ll stand with you and Sovira, #MaeviaEurekaStrong

• Facepalm 1

some possible changes id suggest: 

1. the corruption like on the other extinction creatures is on its abdomen and it shoots strong corrupted climbable webs

2. instead of a tranq bomb what if the maevia can use corrupted nodes as a special type of venom to inject into other creatures inflicting a 'berserk' effect similar to corrupted creatures making them attack anything and everything in sight including humans even when tamed. this wont be instant though and will slowly come into affect similar to rhynio sap attacks can be cured with cryopod narcotic (because it makes it sleepyer) or the creature being imprinted (the affect will take longer to activate the larger the creature).

3. instead of a laching ability it can be a hit-and-run type of attack where it jumps on bites and instantly springs away (the bite can inflict either bleed tranq or berserk)

4. the maevia can have 3 types of bite: venom bite- the maevias basic bite dealing little damage on impact but high damage over time. tranq bite- torpor inflicting bite little damage (needs narcotic to function). berserk bite- same damage as venom bite but inflicts the corruption berserk affect (uses corrupt nodes)

feel free to modify or use these abilitys i just want the maevia to fit abit more to extinctions liking :)

• Facepalm 1

• Delran changed the title to Maevia Eureka - The Fluffy Jumping Survivor Guardian!
15 hours ago, NotAtAllMalicious said:

I truly hope the maevia makes it this time, I love how it's appearance is different depending on what biome it spawned in, and imo there should be a sunken forest and wasteland variant, but that's just me, I really do think that maevia fits extinction really well.

Good ideas with the sunken forest and wasteland variant there could even be a corrupted variant, 

3 hours ago, fugi said:

some possible changes id suggest: 

1. the corruption like on the other extinction creatures is on its abdomen and it shoots strong corrupted climbable webs

2. instead of a tranq bomb what if the maevia can use corrupted nodes as a special type of venom to inject into other creatures inflicting a 'berserk' effect similar to corrupted creatures making them attack anything and everything in sight including humans even when tamed. this wont be instant though and will slowly come into affect similar to rhynio sap attacks can be cured with cryopod narcotic (because it makes it sleepyer) or the creature being imprinted (the affect will take longer to activate the larger the creature).

3. instead of a laching ability it can be a hit-and-run type of attack where it jumps on bites and instantly springs away (the bite can inflict either bleed tranq or berserk)

4. the maevia can have 3 types of bite: venom bite- the maevias basic bite dealing little damage on impact but high damage over time. tranq bite- torpor inflicting bite little damage (needs narcotic to function). berserk bite- same damage as venom bite but inflicts the corruption berserk affect (uses corrupt nodes)

feel free to modify or use these abilitys i just want the maevia to fit abit more to extinctions liking :)

I thought of the Torpor bite as well, some good ideas

• Delran changed the title to [New Art!] Maevia Eureka - The Fluffy Jumping Survivor Guardian!
  • Delran changed the title to [Final Submission] Maevia Eureka - The Fluffy Jumping Survivor Guardian!