Watchdogs

Suggestion

Dossier:

Name: Atopodentatus

Species: Reef Serpent

Intro:

In the mysterious waters of ARK, the Atopodentatus gracefully glides, a unique marine reptile with adaptations to thrive in ancient seas. Its serpent-like form and specialized jaw set it apart from other marine creatures. Remarkably, the Atopodentatus can venture onto land, using a lizard-like movement to traverse the terrain with ease, making it a fascinating inhabitant of both underwater and coastal environments.

Appearance:

image.jpeg.1a41927f1191897296ee2b9582a94492.jpeg

Source: https://DILO-triassic.tumblr.com/post/190114965064/atopodentatus-unicus/amp

Atopodentatus boasts a distinctive appearance, resembling a long serpent-like reptile with a slender body. Its most remarkable feature is its specialized jaw structure, the upper part extending into a flattened, spatula-like shape, and the lower jaw remaining slender and pointed for efficient algae and seagrass scraping. .

atopendatus  was a medium-sized reptile measuring about 2.75 m (9.0 ft) long. The geological strata in which the fossil was found, the elongated body, reduced neck, robust appendages and hips of Atopodentatus all suggest that the reptile was probably semi-aquatic in nature

L

Habitat and Adaptations:

This reef serpent is an adept swimmer, navigating reefs and coastlines with ease. Its specialized jaw enables it to scrape algae and seagrasses from underwater surfaces, providing sustenance in its aquatic habitat. Additionally, Atopodentatus can move onto land using a lizard-like movement, propelling itself forward with its powerful limbs and elongated body, making it adaptable to various environmental conditions.

Abilities:

1.         Algae Scrape: Atopodentatus skillfully scrapes algae and nutritious plants from the seafloor using its specialized jaw, effectively replenishing its hunger while underwater.

2.         Terrestrial Locomotion: The creature can move on land with a lizard-like movement, using its powerful limbs to propel itself forward. this adaptation allows it to travel long distances across all sorts of environments.

3.         Sonar Perception: When submerged, Atopodentatus emits faint vibrations that bounce back, granting it a natural sonar-like perception. This ability aids navigation underwater and helps it locate potential threats or sources of food.

4.         Electric Resistance: The Atopodentatus is naturally immune to the electrical shocks emitted by creatures like Cnidaria. This resistance provides it with a significant advantage in dealing with dangerous underwater predators.

5.         Echolocation Burst: The Atopodentatus emits a powerful burst of echolocation waves, disorienting and momentarily stunning nearby creatures. This ability can be used both underwater and on land, providing a strategic advantage for the Atopodentatus to escape from danger or engage in combat on its terms.

6.         Adaptive Defense (Passive Ability): The Atopodentatus possesses an innate ability to adapt to its environment for defense. When When submerged, it generates a thin, protective layer of algae and minerals that enhances its resistance against physical damage, it gains a significant damage resistance of 50%, allowing it to withstand attacks from aquatic threats. This defensive adaptation extends to land, granting it a short 1 minute, but noteworthy, damage resistance for a limited duration. This resilience adds to the creature’s survivability and adaptability.

7. lunge attack: whilst underwater the atopodentatus can use its streamline body and powerful limbs to lunge itself to an enemy and deal good damage altough survivors found that the best use for this ability is to get a good amount of speed behind it to either go through the water at great speeds, avoid various predators or it also likes to use this ability to jump out of the water like a dolphin.

8. Minerals scrape: using the atopendatus echolocation ability it can find special spots on wich it can use its algea scrape ability to find minerals like oil iron and more.

image.jpeg.2d02168497fb0171a3f8e97a023ab430.jpeg

Source: https://www.sci.news/paleontology/atopodentatus-unicus-earliest-herbivorous-marine-reptile-03848.html

Saddle and Function:

The Atopodentatus does not require a traditional saddle to be ridden. Its streamlined body and lizard-like locomotion allow survivors to easily mount and ride it without additional equipment.

However, survivors have discovered a unique function for the Atopodentatus saddle. The saddle features specialized compartments that can store algae and nutritious underwater plants. This function proves valuable for explorers who wish to collect and transport algae for other herbivorous creatures in their care. The stored algae can serve as a supplementary food source, ensuring the well-being of herbivorous companions during extended underwater expeditions or in areas with limited vegetation.

image.png.96a63ebce23c3fb840e865f5ad8b3b7d.png

Taming:

Taming the Atopodentatus requires a more interactive and engaging approach. Survivors must demonstrate their understanding of the creature’s unique abilities and specialized feeding behaviors. To begin the taming process, survivors must craft a special bait using a combination of underwater vegetation, rare mushrooms, and other resources found in the ocean depths.

Once the bait is ready, they must locate and approach a wild Atopodentatus in its natural habitat, typically found in the coastal regions of the ocean. As the creature approaches the bait, survivors must carefully observe its behavior to determine the preferred type of food it responds positively to.

To gain the creature’s trust, survivors must offer it the preferred food, such as algae, seagrass, or other underwater plants. Patience and attentiveness are crucial as the creature inspects the food offering. Once the Atopodentatus accepts the survivor’s offerings, they must interact with the creature and synchronize their movements with its faint sonar vibrations.

Throughout the taming process, forming a bond of trust with the Atopodentatus is essential. Calm and persistent interactions with the creature will signal to it that the survivors are allies, leading to a successful taming.

Once successfully tamed, the Atopodentatus becomes a loyal companion, granting survivors the ability to ride and explore the vast underwater world with ease. Its companionship provides significant advantages in the dangerous marine environments, particularly with its sonar-like perception that warns the rider of potential dangers lurking beneath the waves.

image.jpeg.0bb66572894cc69b2c411f5e4ec67044.jpeg

Source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffossil.fandom.com%2Fwiki%2FAtopodentatus&psig=AOvVaw1d6l9T6ormh07qg0-ifLWt&ust=1691147002493000&source=images&cd=vfe&opi=89978449&ved=0CBAQjhxqFwoTCOje_dSrwIADFQAAAAAdAAAAABAR

image.png.0031e4eb07bf3c62095274d0bcc89db2.png
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F51721095704073267%2F&psig=AOvVaw2iqBMXISidgaUHWUmwNHcK&ust=1691483042049000&source=images&cd=vfe&opi=89978449&ved=0CBAQjhxqFwoTCOicwMCPyoADFQAAAAAdAAAAABA2

Great thanks to eclipsomations for wanting to fuse our submission since its the same creature so i was allowed to get two awesome abilities you should definitely check out his work

good luck with ur own submissions everyone

Edited by Watchdogs

8 replies to this server topic

On 8/5/2023 at 5:19 AM, Watchdogs said:

If anyone has like a dossier or drawing for this guy im allowed to use or any tips that will help me get more votes that would be greatly appreciated 

This is a super cool submission. This offer is entirely optional but I submitted an idea for this creature and since we're both submitting the same creature if you wanna check it out or incorporate its ideas in to yours you'd be welcome to. Might as well collaborate if you've got the same goal imo

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eclipsomations said:

This is a super cool submission. This offer is entirely optional but I submitted an idea for this creature and since we're both submitting the same creature if you wanna check it out or incorporate its ideas in to yours you'd be welcome to. Might as well collaborate if you've got the same goal imo

Yeah i seen yours and it has some great ideas ill incorporate em and ill refrence you to bad its not looking like its gonna win

On 8/5/2023 at 8:23 AM, Watchdogs said:

1.         Algae Scrape: Atopodentatus skillfully scrapes algae and nutritious plants from the seafloor using its specialized jaw, effectively replenishing its hunger while underwater.

I want Ark to have algae/kelp as a resource SO BAD. If we vote for a creature that can harvest it, maybe it'll happen XD
Also, sorry but the Atopo is just a good boy with a great personality and sense of humor. And I'll prove it.

atopo.png

Anyway, good luck with this submission, I really like it. Feel free to check out mine if you want !

Edited by ladyteruki

24 minutes ago, ladyteruki said:

I want Ark to have algae/kelp as a resource SO BAD. If we vote for a creature that can harvest it, maybe it'll happen XD
Also, sorry but the Atopo is just a good boy with a great personality and sense of humor. And I'll prove it.

atopo.png

Anyway, good luck with this submission, I really like it. Feel free to check out mine if you want !

I know its fking cute 

Edited by Watchdogs

23 minutes ago, ladyteruki said:

atopo.png

Wow you have a good creature and great design props to you