Din0Gamer

Suggestion

This is Leaellynasaura, the Center’s new all-terrain support Dino with applications for both PvP and PvE purposes. The medium-sized Ornithischian gets a size boost to be completely rideable, and hails from Prehistoric Australia. The Leaellynasaura is designed as an excellent forward scout and army-support, as well as an all-terrain alternative for Flyers. Let’s get into her abilities, shall we?

Design

Leaellynasaura are originally small, bipedal ornithischian Dinosaurs from Early Cretaceous Australia and Antarctica. Theorized to be covered in feathers of some kind to aid in temperature regulation. ARKs Leaellynasaura is similar. A naturally albino creature with light blue hues, the feather covered Leaellynasaura is hard to spot amongst the icy places it calls home. Unlike its real world counterpart, the ARK Leaellynasaura is larger, just under the size of a Utahraptor, and has significantly larger front limbs, boasting gripping claws.

Dossier

“Common Name: Leaelly
Species: Leaellynasaura Aquambulatio
Time: Early Cretaceous
Diet: Herbivorous

Temperament: Passive”

Wild
”Leaellynasaura Aquambulatio are unique little fellas, found in arctic regions. Since they’re lower on the food chain, they can oftentimes be seen by the coasts, where they are the safest. Their fluffy coats offer them protection from the cold, and keeps them relatively dry from chilly waters. They keep to the shores due to the unique method they use to escape predators: walking on Water! Much like Basilisk lizards, they can run on the waves, though unlike them, Leaellynasaura can move at several speeds and even drift! They can even clamber up sheer cliffs if need be. They can often be seen near to the Mammoth herds that wander the Tundra, as they often defend the smaller critters from the ravenous Direwolves and Yutyrannus.”

Donesticated

“Leaellynasaura Aquambulatio offer unique attributes few tribes out here can master. Particularly, their impressive mobility on both land and water allow their riders to move at significant speed across most terrains, acting as top-of-the-line forward scouts and exploratory mounts. Interestingly, some tribes have been able to coax out a frosty armor from the air trapped within the fuzzy friends feathers, coating their Allies in a frozen armor of some kind, greatly increasing their defenses. If one can master a Leaellynasaura, they can potentially master the entire region.”

Ecology

Leaellynasaura are found in the north and south arctic regions, particularly around the coast. They are (mostly) herbivores, meaning they are oftentimes on the run from stronger predators such as the Yuty or Direwolves. They have developed a unique taste for Organic Polymer however, and will prey on Kairuku is pressured. They have a unique relation with the Mammoths of the region, oftentimes using their unique abilities to boost up the mammals in defense of their territory.

Taming

Leaellynasaura are tamed passively, through gaining their trust. Survivors must keep hostile creatures (including tamed ones) away from the Dino long enough for it to develop into a calmed state. Once it is in this state, it must be fed berries, crops, Veggie Cakes, or their favorite, Organic Polymer. If a hostile creature enters a certain radius, Taming Effectiveness and Taming level itself will begin to decrease, and any nearby Mammoths will become hostile.

Abilities

Leaellynasaura have a wide range of abilities designed to aid survivors in both PvP and PvE environments. Firstly, they are adept at travel, being faster than most other species, similar to the Galimimus. Due to its claws, it also has notable climbing capabilities, identical to those of the Deinonychus. The signature ability of the Leaellynasaura however is it’s ability to run on water, much like the real life basilisk lizard, yet with fewer limitations. Leaellynasaura can move at either speedy or more controllable speeds, allowing it to effectively evade predators or forage for food. While they can’t properly stop on the water, they can quickly drift to get into a new direction. Their traveling capabilities are only supported by their fur insulating riders from both heat and cold. What’s more, is they can provide an icy armor to Allies, increasing defense significantly. This does not heal like that of a Snow Owl, but the Leaellynasaura remains mobile and can reapply the effect when out of harm’s way. 

Uses

~All-terrain Exploration Mount
The Leaellynasaura is a must-have for traveling The Center on foot, and potentially even for caving. Its unique set of skills allow it to be an amazing land mount, where Survivors can quickly escape a bad situation and keep moving to find their next target, and due to its thermal regulation, survivors can worry less about the environments they chose to explore.
~Forward Scout

Due to its small stature, natural camouflage, unique skills and impressive speed, Leaellynasaura works amazingly as a forward scout prior to a raid. Few creatures can keep up with it, and it’s capabilities allow its rider to get a complete view of the enemy prior to any assault.

~Bossing/Defense Support

With its Icy armor buff applied, Leaellynasaura easily pairs well with Yutyrannus or Mammoth buffs for both Boss fights and Raid defense. It excels especially due to its mobility allowing it to dodge and weave through attacks, making up for it’s relatively small health pool.

~Caving Dino

while not as physically powerful as contenders such as the Baryonyx or Thyla, Leaellynasaura makes up for it with its impressive mobility, only matched by Deinonychus and Megalania within most Artifact caves.

Notes

-I submitted the Leaellynasaura due to the lack of variety in most community votes. While many different species (some good, some bad) have made it into the top ten, the winners are mostly the large carnivores (Charchar, Fasolasuchus, Gigantoraptor) or flyers (Desmodus, Sinomacrops, Rhiniognatha) and I wanted to introduce something new. Specifically a herbivore, as the last herbivore to be introduced was the Amargasaurus on Lost Island (unless the Andrewsarchus eats berries but I don’t recall it doing so).

-the Leaellynasaura was designed as both a PvP and a PvE tame to appeal to both crowds. while I’d generally expect more PvE use based on its abilities, It can almost certainly contend among other PvP support Dinos.
-I specifically submitted it to The Center due to the map’s wide variety of environments and conditions and the lack of a proper all-terrain creature on the map (that isn’t a flyer).

-While it is inferior in several ways to other creatures (Bloodstalkers, Deinonychus) I believe the Leaellynasaura is an excellent mix of several unique abilities that fits into a unique niche on its introduced map.

IMG_0041.jpeg

IMG_0042.jpeg

Edited by Din0Gamer

3 replies to this server topic

Herbivores FTW ! And I don't say that just because I also submitted one.

I agree that submissions have been favoring big bad dinos overall. Some good came out of it (the Gigantoraptor is more peaceful in comparison to most, but that remains relative given its size). I like the idea of a scout-focused tame, not built for combat but still useful. I appreciate the thermal aspect of it, too ; The Center has a mean snow biome ! Good luck :)

• Like 1