SpacePjoes

Suggestion

Introducing Coelophysis, Pet Assassin and Mutation Booster!

Tags:
Mutation Booster, Unique Colors,
Assassin, Pathing,
Protective Pet

image.png?width=1014&height=657

Introduction:

The foundational ideas, selling points and roles of these creatures are:

Mutation Booster:

• Ability to boost mutation rates of nearby creatures

• Granting unique, vibrant, (perhaps even glowy ;) ) colors to creatures mutated by Coelophysis

Stealthy Assassin:

• Able to use ASA pathing to find its way through bases to get to a target

• Being able to pass by turrets, alarms and creatures

• Has a special armor that allows them to be remotely controlled by a player

• Ability to largely ignore a players armor when attacking them, by constricting them

Protective Pet:

• Immunity to torpor, radiation and other effects

• Protective tail scarf against toxins, gas and environment when on your shoulder

CoelophysisArt.png?width=1369&height=676

Dossier:

Common Name: Coelo

Species: Coelophysis medens

Time: Late Triassic

Diet: Carnivore

Temperament: Reactive

Wild: 

Coelophysis medens is a little scoundrel hiding behind a cute appearance. This clever opportunist always goes after the weakest target possible, and when they act in groups, they dare target bigger prey - as long as it's weak and vulnerable. 

When a creature is small enough, Coelophysis has a unique way to kill it: it wraps its thick, tail around its victim's neck and strangles it, after sneaking behind the target. Moreover, killing one can be tricky, due to its ability to regrow lost tissues like a lizard. Could it be any more mischievous?

Domesticated: 

As annoying as they are in the wild, Coelophysis turn into smart, versatile helpers, once tamed. First of all, they're small and stealthy, which means they can be taught to sneak into bases and strangle enemy survivors with their tail. Maybe they could even hide explosives while everyone's looking away! Also, that tail makes quite the pretty scarf, an effective cover from poison gas and hazardous environments.

But a tamed Coelophysis' true value lies in its healing properties. I'm still not sure how they do it, but whatever allows them to regenerate so fast speeds up your own healing as well. Additionally, it seems to alter the genetic makeup of unborn baby creatures, causing their pigments to mutate.

Wild:

Wild Coelophysis are very elusive, and normally avoid risk, running away from larger creatures. Watch out, they are very fast and hard to spot after they run away! Other wild creatures also almost never attack them, unless Coelophysis attacks them first. When a player approaches them though, they will attempt to jump onto the players neck, constricting them and damaging them. You will have to move erratically to shake them off.

Coelophysis spawn in the Underworld. They are quite rare (similar to Basilisk), and may spawn in groups of 2-4.

Taming Process:

Coelophysis requires you to prove your worth in a tame, and show you are a valuable companion to it, in contrary to the regular torpor taming method, as Coelophysis is immune to it. To do this, you will have to knock out large WILD creatures to the point that Coelo can kill it. The more health the creature has, the more taming this would provide. 

Tamed Abilities:

Mutation Booster:
Boosting Cells: Coelophysis has evolved to gain special stem cells that can be transferred to other creatures. This will boost the mutation rate of nearby creatures depending on the oxygen stat of the Coelophysis. The stats of which the mutation rate is boosted can be set by the player, so that you won't have to sift through as many creatures.
Unique Colors: These special mutations can also give some rare, unique, vibrant colors to creatures that are only possible through mutating with Coelophysis. Some of these colors may even glow ;)

Stealthy Assassin:
Undetectable: Coelophysis is largely undetectable to many threats, like wild creatures, tamed creatures set to aggressive, traps and alarms, turrets and Parasaur alarms.
Assassin: Using new ASA creature pathfinding, the Coelophysis can find its way through structures, builds and terrain to find a nearby player. It can even hop on the backs of creatures to attack a player. When it reaches a player, it will start attacking them with its special Constricting Tail.
Constricting Tail: When attacking players, Coelophysis can jump on their necks and constrict a player. This will drain their health directly, and will be only minimally effected by armor, allowing the Coelophysis to kill even heavily armored players that do not see it coming.
Remote Control Armor: The player can equip Flak, Riot and Tek armor to Coelophysis to boost their armor. A camera can be attached to the Riot and Tek variants of this special Coelophysis armor, allowing them to be controlled remotely. The Tek form of this armor also allows them to temporarily stun players they jump onto, and disable any nearby electronics for a limited time, similar to a Scorched Earth electrical storm.

Protective Pet:
Protective Scarf: When on a players shoulder, the tail of the Coelophysis acts like a gas mask, protecting you from the environment and toxins, like those of Cnidarias stings, Arthropleuras acid and Araneos webs.
Healing Beacon: On your shoulder, Coelophysis provides you with an increased healing speed, and is able to passively give you a healing burst when it notices you are low on health.
Immunity: Coelophysis is fully immune to radiation, torpor and other toxins/poisons (like spores and jellyfish stuns).

Utility & Scenarios:

PvE: Coelophysis is incredibly useful in the mutating of creatures, as it can provide a boost to the mutation rate of creatures. We all know how frustrating it can be to take extremely long waiting for a new mutation to pop out, and Coelophysis will provide a bit of help in that process. Besides the boosted rates, Coelophysis can also cause mutations with more vibrant colors, fully unique to any creatures of the ARK, providing you with very special and personalized creatures.
In caves, Coelophysis will provide a lot of help, as they can protect like a gas mask would, and protect you from harmful effects like that of the acid of the wild Arthropleura, the webs of Araneos and the rabies given by pesky Onycs. Not only this, but it can also provide a burst of quick healing when you are on low health, saving you some of your precious medical brews.

PvP: Coelophysis provides a whole new aspect to a PvP fight. Although they are not incredibly powerful brawlers, they can sneak past most defenses of bases, allowing them to still deal valuable damage to enemies. They are completely undetectable to turrets and parasaurs, and can sneak past aggressive tamed creatures if done carefully. It can be remotely controlled for valuable information, without being automatically gunned down. Once inside a base, it can easily kill an unprepared player, and can even kill them through very powerful armor. This makes them very valuable assets in raids and can even find a use in defending a base, using Coelophysis to jump unprepared players on creatures.

Conclusion:

Coelophysis would be a refreshing and interesting addition to ARKs creature roster, allowing for new strategies in PvP, granting much quality of life in PvE and PvP, and gives more unique customisation to your most cherished creatures, in the form of new and exciting colors.

Have fun, survivors!

Credits:
Art: RiskyBiscuits, Creator of Fasolasuchus
Structure: DynastyOfDragons
Concept: RiskyBiscuits, TheFictionalLawyer, Mihael

Edited by SpacePjoes

19 replies to this server topic

21 hours ago, Speikobrarote said:

I still love the artwork and I wish this was entered sooner. The later the addition to the forum, the less votes I guess.. People just dont go through 6 pages :( (I did cause I wanted to check out everything) maybe we can get this for genesis 1 :D
The Bog would be a nice place for it.

Honestly I wasn't really planning to submit it for Center initially, nor was I really expecting the vote to start so soon. I will be posting it for Genesis 1 DEFINITELY, and probably Valguero, Crystal Isles, Fjordur and Extinction, since I feel it has a place on those maps. I will also consider changing it significantly in appearance for Crystal and Extinction, but I'm not sure about that, so don't expect it fully.

Edited by SpacePjoes
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Mephilis78 said:

I like the idea. I am a big fan of the old  walking with dinosaurs documentary series.... however... can we save the my little pony paint job for the easter event or something? I like it better when dinosaurs in the base game have a somewhat realistic color scheme.  

I understand what you mean, but it is because of the rapidly mutating stem cells Coelophysis has. I've heard many positive comments about the color scheme, so I'll keep it for now, but I'll see if I can make one with a more realistic one.