I am invalidating my vote

DILONG

Suggestion

20 replies to this server topic

I’d suggest voting for something better like Shastasaurus, Nyctosaurus, or another less popular creature because the other people in this vote deserve recognition. There’s so many good vote ideas that get ignored in favor of repeat top ten creatures and votes boosted by YouTubers, My previous creature ideas are already being added to a mod so I really shouldn’t even be in this vote in the first place. Go give the other less popular votes some love.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chinxsie said:

I kinda liked this submission but after reading it... So disappointed. Don't vote for it? Why make this post then? 🙄 You took votes, with or without your "warning". Just remove the post, especially if you say you shouldn't be voting at all. Then you salt in the wound, you say there was no effort. How do you think that makes the people who REALLY tried and entered who got not a single vote. Their effort is nothing? Be more considerate. Smh. This is a contest of forum fame and society, not creativity. So sad... Gonna vote for someone who actually tried and doesn't rub in their wins.  

I got mad at one of the voters because they used ai generated images, after making an ass of myself I apologized but I honestly don’t think it was enough. I think I’ve caused enough damage in this vote so I’m going to just invalidate my submission so I don’t cause anymore problems.

On 8/4/2023 at 8:25 PM, DILONG said:

I am invalidating my Maiacetus vote because I have continued to be rude to multiple creators here, I know it will disappoint many people seeing this vote go down but my decision is final. I apologize for the problems I have caused here.

No one is perfect, keep your head up

On 8/4/2023 at 8:25 PM, DILONG said:

If you wish to make a video talking about my creature submission contact me first

I highly suggest voting for another creature, my idea was uninspired and bland and I already have content coming out in a mod. Please give some love to other creators here especially those who don’t make the top ten vote. They get overshadowed and they deserve some recognition.

Maiacetus is a semi aquatic protowhale from the Eocene of Pakistan, it’s name meaning “mother whale”, in Ark it is built for the extensive waterways and caves of The Center it is built for exploration in a wet environment and can easily traverse the deep winding flooded caves. It’s not an overpowered tame but a very useful utility mount that can carry players from early to late game comfortably and will hold great utility for the harsh environments of The Center. 

Main abilities:

- a strong basic bite

- a leap ability it can use in water

- a slide ability that allows it to zoom forward on land

- able to collect pearls from the seabed

- a 75% weight reduction to black pearls

- a pack bonus that not only boosts attack but defense by 25%

- a resistance to jellyfish and eel shocks

- a high torpor heal rate

Echolocation ability:

Maiacetus has a 3 mode echolocation ability that can only be used while ridden.

- a stunning shriek that can stun creatures up to Dunkleostus in size

- a loud scream that frightens creatures up to Dunkleosteus in size

- a scanning click that works similarly to a Tek helmet scan

Taming:

Maiacetus taming is simple, play with the animal by giving it shiny objects like pearls, obsidian, metal, crystal, or black pearls. Occasionally it will want you to bring it fish bodies, feed it to the whale and it will boost taming effectiveness. Swimming with it and taking it for a walk like a baby will raise taming effectiveness, repeat these 3 steps and you will have a tamed Maiacetus. Similarly to the Dinopithecus you can only tame the alpha of the pod.

In the wild: 

Maiacetus can be found in shallow ocean waters in pods of up to 6, while not aggressive to the player they will fight back viciously when attacked. Maiacetus will hunt Megalodon, Ichthyosaurs, and mantas. Approaching them will usually start the taming process for the alpha but will quickly lose interest if no interaction takes place. 

Extra things about this creature include certain behaviors and sounds. My hope is to make the animal sound somewhere between an otter and a dolphin with some seal barks. Behavior wise it will swim like a combination of an otter and dolphin, breach like a seal, run and waddle like a combination of an otter and seal, and belly slide like an otter. Other idle behaviors could be a dog like pant or happy seal like level up animation. 

I hope everyone enjoys the art and dossier, I can’t wait to see what everyone here comes up with next.

joshua-tedder-2c893152-2522-4b87-8c4a-08

joshua-tedder-8a61b792-4b91-43c8-9eea-f4

esta super guapo!!!!

2 hours ago, Chinxsie said:

I kinda liked this submission but after reading it... So disappointed. Don't vote for it? Why make this post then? 🙄 You took votes, with or without your "warning". Just remove the post, especially if you say you shouldn't be voting at all. Then you salt in the wound, you say there was no effort. How do you think that makes the people who REALLY tried and entered who got not a single vote. Their effort is nothing? Be more considerate. Smh. This is a contest of forum fame and society, not creativity. So sad... Gonna vote for someone who actually tried and doesn't rub in their wins.  

Ummm, calm yourself down? He's saying that you should vote for someone else because he thinks he was rude to the Giant Jellyfish submitter and now he's rectifying. Be more considerate yourself