Plaguing pvp

Wolfhybrid1232

PvP balances. I think with ASA only starting with the island then SE and rag. I think it will be more balanced with tames like shadows/ stalkers/ manas etc. Personally, I think since extinction and the release of gen 1 and 2. Wildcard broke the PvP balance with its tames and it felt like they made it that way to almost force people to buy the DLC to have a fair chance at competing in PvP.

I also would like to see the raiding meta improved. The meta of tek rifle/ tek Drake or rocketing from the back of a Stego is too strong when a tribe is offline. I’d like to see this nerfed to balance PvP a bit more

as author of the thread. What would you like to see fixed?

i'm going to weigh in here, but i should caveat my opinion by stating my playstyle.  i don't pvp.  at all.  at least in this game.  i play many other games that have pvp and i participate in them.

the reason i don't pvp in ARK is two fold but also related.  

i don't like the idea that someone can break into my base and take my gear while i'm offline.  the idea that i can craft some new armor/weapon, or be saving up the resources, and then log out and the next time i'm back in the game i find out i've lost it completely sours the whole idea and keeps me from participating.

secondly i don't want to be forced into pvp at all times that i am logged into the game.  there are times where i'd prefer a social aspect where i can hang out or focus on some other aspect of the game.  

what would bring me to pvp:

i could see it being done in a couple of ways, however i realize it's a dramatic difference from what the game is now.  

a map where a large enough portion is pve and players cannot negatively effect other players, but a biome where when entering turns on pvp and you are now at risk of being attacked.  put some dinos and resources in there that are highly desired and cannot be found anywhere else to force the issue. 

or

on the overall map there is only pve, but i can travel to a teleporter (think Fjordur) that takes me to an arena or other section of the map that turns pvp on.  again throw in dinos and resources that can only be found there.  maybe the only way to get BPS is in the pvp area.  

the bottom line is i can choose when i want to go into the pvp area or choose to not go in at all.  also by implementing this idea, you can combine all pvp and pve servers into one.  this combines players and playstyles and offers lots of social interaction, even creating new aspects of an economy.  pvp players will venture in to get what they need, non-pvp players may take the plunge if they need to or offer up a trade to get what they need.

this is just my take, and what keeps me from participating in pvp the way it works now.  

• Like 1

I have 5k hours in pvp My biggest problems with pvp are 

1.  the fact that people will turret walk into your base and there is no way to defend against it because their are no tames that you can't get shot off the back or that get completely pulverized by turrets.

2. Flyer nerf. Pvp was always so much more fun when we could adjust the flyers stam and speed.

3.Super breeding gigas to be unstoppable and having no tames to defend against them.

4. Lag. Pvp lag was always a drag it got much better towards the end of my run by never went away.

5. Armor types, I hated that there was only 4 tiers of armor and that was it no ascetic to them and some people could get super high durability. Gotchas really helped balance this by throwing out high tier armor then they nerfed it and it allowed the cheaters and lifers  to have the edge again.

6. Some Dinos being prioritized by devs and other like bronto being nerfed into the ground. 

Edited by Wolfhybrid1232