scuto.png.46bb02435f07aa23caeaac6f8f542c61.png

Scutosaurus, the Mineral Master

Species: Scutosaurus Talosus

Time: Late Permian

Diet: Mineralivore\Herbivore

Temperament: Territorial

Any art or dossiers are welcomed.

WILD

I have never seen the animal equivalent of those rock elementals back in scorched. These trike sized parareptiles are ruff skinned and sturdy but almost as fast as a morellatops. I initially thought they were herbivorous, but after seeing them eat stone after stone, metal nodes, and crystal deposits, it’s safe to say they’re not just vegetarian. They eat so much of the stuff that they grow rock and gem manes. They can be found in every part of Aberration but they’re a bit on the rarer side of every zone. Living in the more shaded locations, foraging in herds of 3 to 4. They’re heavily built with large upper bodies, similar looking to the Moschops, but more elongated coming in colorations of dark bluish greens and grays. The main feature of the Scutosaurus Talosus is its mineral armor that it gets from its diet allowing it to take on giants like Spinosaurus and Karkinos.  

scort.jpg.2051cfb81c4c05ad404f995949ffbeaf.jpg

(Art by Mark Witton)

TAMING

Scutosaurus taming is difficult, it’s too territorial to be passive tamed and to resistant to narcotic effects as it eats many Ascerbic mushrooms. The only way to tame it is to blow up its armor and feed it minerals. Basically, Scutosaursus’ armor is not ingrained into it, meaning that you’re able to chip it off. Guns and dinos won’t work well though, you’ll only remove a small bit of its armor. Explosives are recommended or anything with high AOE damage. Once all armor is removed, the Scutosaurus will panic, eating any rock or metal node in sight to replenish its armor. This IS YOUR CHANCE TO FEED IT, repeat this process until it’s tamed.

FOOD REQUIREMENTS crya.png.2d161bae5c5754a504b6e267d2c62acd.png

Flint (bad)

Stone (ok)

Crystal (good) 

Metal (great)

Element (best, but it will take a little damage. It won’t ruin its taming effectiveness)

SCUTOSAURUS’ ABILITIES

MINERAL ARMORmetl.png.fe9cdac29e3d5f53de9448e3f60caec6.png                                UPGRADE STATION lvl.png.cae9cc48acd907f60099510c0caeb3c7.png  

Starting with mineral armor, the scutosaurus eats many minerals. As a result, the body will spit out the waste on the scutosaurus’ back, causing there to be mineable gems sprouting out its back; creating a small bit of light as Scutosaurus don’t provide their own bioluminescence. All you need is a pickaxe to mine the gems off its back and depending on the region, you may find that your scutosaurus it will have different gem types: green gems, blue gems, and red gems. Scutosaurus can be found where these gems are found. There can be up to 4 nodes of gems on its back. Same goes for tamed ones, just feed them the gems you want produced.

1 gem = 1 node (you must wait one hour for all gem nodes to fill up.)

Their mineral diet also dictates their type of armor. Each armor gives Scutosaurus different effects.

amor.png.a1241fb5fecdade38cb02e855f1dd6ca.png

FLINT ARMOR: Not too different from the scutosaurus’ natural armor but it catches fire way easier, even sparks from guns can ignite it. Melee attacking it with human or dino while on fire will set the attacker on fire.

STONE ARMOR: The most basic, you gain more armor, and you gain the ability to launch boulders at foes. Not doing as much damage as a Chalicotherium, but it is faster.  

CRYSTAL ARMOR: It doesn’t give any actual armoring but comes with other effects. You get 10% speed, and 50% resistance to debuff effects like fire, freeze, torpor, stuns etc.

METAL ARMOR: You get much more armor and cannot be picked up nor knocked back, but you’re 10% slower and you can’t swim. You can only walk at the bottom of the water.

ELEMENT ARMOR: The strongest but also most dangerous. Feeding it to your Scutosaurus will cause it to take 20% damage. You will enter corrupted rage mode for 5 minutes with a 3-hour in-game cool down. The scutosaurus’ eyes turn a purplish pink, and you get 90% resistance, 10% speed, 30% damage buff, and if bitten, reflect a small amount of damage back. After 5 minutes, the scutosaurus will take 50% of its health in damage and enter sluggish mode. It will move slower, regen slower, and can only walk. The 3-hour cooldown will come into effect, and you must wait for it to wear off.

831938085_scutoelem.png.80ed93a4c8fea574d13659f69e63413c.png

picker.png.732c3683e2dd24f809f38b0a60a2da55.png

UPGRADE STATION

The scutosaurus can eat and spit out items to upgrade gear, such as saddles and weapons. Just put the item in its inventory with the required resources. This will be slightly more expensive than the item’s original cost but upgrading mastercraft items to ascendant will be 2x more expensive. The build quality and success rate will be dictated by the scutosaurus’ crafting skill. However, it doesn’t matter how high the scutosaurus’ crafting skill is, the cap is always lower than blueprints. Upgrading items with the scutosaurus is a quick way of upgrading equipment but in the long run, finding Blueprints holds a better result.  

ATTACKS

·         Basic attack is a single foot stomp, good damage and hits decently fast. Holding the button will do a duo foot stomp, great damage with a slight cool down. It also uproots buried creatures.

·         The second attack is a bite that collects good crystal, flint, and gems, and does extra damage to Flack and Tek armor.

·         The third “attack” is a stomp roar. Just for effect.

·         Jump button is a belly slam that shatters your current armor so you can replace it with a new one. This does the most knock back and damage.

·         Press the two attack buttons in Stone Armor to throw boulders.

WEAKNESSES

While Scutosaurus might be a good sprinter, it has bad agility. Its turning circle also isn’t the greatest, it’s better equipped to fight larger creatures and its armor can be chipped fairly easy if your opponent has a plan. 

scut.png.00e333b153412f89d3d90893cdce8f2a.png

(model in WWB)

Basically, I wanted a creature that takes the aspects of the gems and rocks of Aberration, and it’s always good to have strong herbivores on the roster. This also doesn’t replace the Doedicurus or Ankylosaurus in particular.  

VOTE FOR THE SCUTO

And please tell me more ideas to make this guy even better.

Edited by Compystuff

2 replies to this server topic

IMG_4135.jpeg.0e27e7d1781b622e60c51e703e4386d2.jpeg

Time period: Late Permian 

Diet: Herbivore 

Temperament: Docile

Wild: 

There I was observing a wild Pack of Ravagers, chasing down a wild Moschops through the mushroom forest, when suddenly the ground started Shaking beneath me! Originally I thought it was just another earthquake. That was until the ground rose. and started walking? Little did I know I was standing on the back of a Scutosaurus! 

I thought I was just standing on regular ground, With mushrooms at my feet but it turns out it was a living creature all along. 

after observing the Scutosaurus for a while, I noticed how it casually approached a wild pack of raptors. Without fear or concern for their safety. It seemed to be doing this with the intention of feeding on the plump mushrooms growing near them. And to my surprise the raptors payed no mind or concern to the Scutosaurus. 

tamed: 

after more observation, I learned that the reason behind Scutosaurus being able to approach predators  without fear is not because of its size or strength. But from its scent! The Fungi and the flowers growing on the Scutosaurus seems to be a turnoff for most predators, “masking” the scent of Scutosaurus as it lumbers through the mushroom forest casully chowing down on plants and fungi. If you could tame this creature. Perhaps you could use the scent and plants of Scutosaurus to your advantage? 

That is a very rough version of the Scutosaurus Dosseir, now let’s get into more detail about the mechanics of this creature. 

How to tame! 
the Scutosaurus will Sleep underground for the vast majority of its time, with only its arched back poking out. It will only emerge when attacked by a player or during an Earthquake. When the Scutosaurus is underground, you must pick the plump mushrooms growing from its back. 
once the Scutosaurus is awake, it will walk around like any other creature. It is passively tamed with plump mushrooms. 

The Scutosaurus cannot bury itself underground when standing on roofs and foundations, so it’s recommended to lure any wild Scutosaurus you want to tame into a trap so it can’t bury itself.

Masking scent! 
The Scutosaurus has numerous amounts of plants and fungi growing on its body. This is a symbiotic relationship that Scutosaurus holds with these Plants. The plants provide a unique scent that is a turnoff to predators roughly the size of a Carnotaurus and smaller, this scent will not detour large beast like Spinosaurus or Tyrannosaurus. Meanwhile, the plants receive protection from the Scutosaurus and the fungi are able to spread their spores all over the place. 

this scent can be used to the players advantage if you tame one, wild predators will not notice you so long as you are in the vicinity of the Scutosaurus, this “scent range” can be increased in the radial wheel. but these predators Will still attack you if you get to close (similar to cactus broth). and as stated before. Wild creatures will not attack Scutosaurus either (unless if they are the size of a rex or spino)

A Walking garden! 
once tamed, the Scutosaurus can be used as a sentient crop plot, with different seeds capable of being  planted on its damp moss growing on its back. Wild Scutosaurus will have 1 type plant growing on its back, Plump mushrooms,  These mushrooms glow and are used as taming food for the Scutosaurus. To harvest these mushrooms, you must pluck them from the Scutosaurus back while it is Undground. once tamed These mushrooms keep growing back and can be continuously harvested to tame more Scutosaurus. The Scutosaurus can have a max of three different plants farmed on its back, (excluding  the plump mushrooms)

Thanks to the Scutosaurus having a close relationship with plants. Its poop is one of the best fertilisers in the game, and it has strange healing properties, capable of healing the player like a healing tonic would. 

Burrowing: the Scutosaurus can bury underground. Wild Scutosaurus will stay underground, only emerging during an earthquake.  Tamed Scutosaurus can be manually instructed to hide underground similar to basilisk or purlovia and they will become invisible to all wild Dino’s, while still giving of their masking scent buff to players. 

Edited by ThePoopJuicer