15 hours ago, Kage360 said:

Basically all it does is draw the player in towards the creature, a minigame of some sort to break free of the affect would be available
As for smaller creatures they'd be affected the same way a survivor would, and bigger creatures would be temporarily stunned for a few seconds, for balancing there would obviously have to be a cooldown before the hypnosis could be used against the same creature again

Great thanks for the additional information!  Good luck with your submission and thanks for taking the time to do it.

On 7/7/2023 at 8:00 PM, Kage360 said:

Introduction
Our Small Team has been lovingly working on this ever since it was announced each map would have a creature vote, after Months Working on and waiting to the Aberration Creature Vote to Start we are excited to present our Passion Project, Introducing The Chimerarachne Yingiabchime.jpg

Dossier Artwork Credit to Gemixyy
Chimerarachne Yingi
Dossier:

When I first laid my eyes on Chimerarachne Yingi, I wanted to nope right out of its lair. It is an arachnophobe’s nightmare, with a long, coiling tail, eight legs, and fangs from hell. After studying it from a safe distance, I found that it is an ambush predator with a rather unique Hypnosis Ability that it uses to lure in its prey. It seems almost impossible for the prey to resist the strobing, bioluminescent glow. Once in its clutches, the Chimerarachne weakens the unfortunate creature with a potent venom that is produced from a gland in its tail, and the creature finally succumbs. Chimerarachne Yingi wasn't all that large in the fossil record, so seeing it monster-sized leads me to believe that there was Genetic Tampering, or perhaps rapid evolution from this Ark's highly irradiated depths.
Domesticated:
Despite its terrifying appearance and behavior, Chimerarachne Yingi is invaluable as a mount to get from point A to point B. With the ability to climb almost any surface and create a zipline-like web, it is a versatile companion. It can weave a net from its strong silk, using it to entrap and carry even much larger creatures. Use Chimerarachne’s impressive jump and clinging abilities to navigate tough terrain, or utilize its hypnosis ability to help get you out of a jam. This beast is not for the faint of heart. 
As it turns out, these arachnids make amazing mothers despite their terrifying looks. They take care of their young, producing a substance much like mammalian milk to nourish their spiderlings (or should they be called chimeralings?). Growing chimeralings crave this substance as they grow. Rich in nutrients like protein and fat, this spider milk can be fed to carnivores to induce a healing effect, much like veggie cakes in herbivores, making it a much-coveted material.

So Why this Creature?
Aberration I always felt could use a Big Scary Spider, plus I've always wanted something else that can scale walls and ceilings like the Rock Drake, of Course a Rock Drake is going to remain the Superior mount for getting around Aberration, but Chimerarachne can offer a mid to end game mount, also unless you want to count the Broodmother and Bloodstalker the Araneo is the only tamable spider in the game, there is also only one scorpion, so with Chimerarachne it adds a hybrid of both, also Chimerarachne kind of looks like a face hugger from the Alien Franchise too which parallels nicely to the Reapers being Based off the Xenomorph
1920_artist039simpressionofchimerarachne
Image From Google, Source Link
https://www.google.com/search?q=chimerarachne&rlz=1C1VDKB_enUS929US929&oq=chim&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBggBEEUYOzIGCAAQRRg5MgYIARBFGDsyEwgCEC4YgwEYxwEYsQMY0QMYgAQyDQgDEC4YgwEYsQMYgAQyCggEEC4YsQMYgAQyCggFEAAYsQMYgAQyDQgGEAAYgwEYsQMYgAQyCggHEC4YsQMYgAQyDQgIEC4YxwEY0QMYgAQyCggJEC4YsQMYgATSAQ8xMjk4NjIxNTc1ajBqMTWoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=wh4DjjJTvy5N7M&imgdii=y2p8m4lpRj95pM

Abilities
Tap Main Main Attack - basic attack (Bite animation)
Hold Main Attack - Heavy attack that inflicts Heavy Damage (Tail Stinger Animation)
Tap Secondary Attack - Toggles Climbing
Hold Secondary Attack - Enters a Precision Web Shooter Mode with 3 different types
Third Attack - Hypnosis Attack
Jump Button - Performs a small Jump
Hold Jump Button - Performs a Powered Jump
Females Produce Spider Milk used to raise Chimeralings and Heal Carnivores

Extra Info
The Size 
In reality this guy was small, but that hasn't stop Ark from Scaling up creatures so a little smaller the the Karkinos
Abilities info
- Netgun lasts 60 seconds (can pick up Wild or Tamed Creatures after Being netted that pauses timer, Netted Enemy Tamed Creatures does not pause the timer for balancing)
- Zipline that lasts 5 minutes before breaking (The Cimera and Zipline Capable Creatures can cross)
- Poison Web Bomb (For a Ranged Offensive Capabilities, when Chimera is set to turret Mode it uses this ammo)
- Hypnosis Ability (To the Devs directly Please use this ability, I don't care if you make small tweaks as long as you use it with this creature)
- Hypnosis Affects on Larger Creatures Temporarily Stuns the Creature
- Hypnosis Affects on Smaller Creature lures the creature in a trance (affect last a couple seconds after Hypnosis ends, but as soon as target creature is damaged it snaps out of it)
- Hypnosis Affects on Humans/Players Lures in the survivor that enters an on screen mini game that must complete correctly to snap out of it before it's too late (hitting the wrong button could be deadly)

Taming Method
Got a Few Ideas and decided to submit them all to see which ones you like
- You Find a Spider Nest in the Wild that you must Break open to find the Egg(s) Alerts the Parent(s) to come to the defense of the Nest
- Reflect the Hypnosis back at the Chimera using new Item called a mirror shield to stun it for a small chance to drop it's egg sac temporarily for you to raid the egg(s)

Real World Info Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimerarachne
Chimerarachne is a genus of extinct arachnids, containing a single species Chimerarachne yingi. Fossils of Chimerarachne were discovered in Burmese amber from Myanmar which dates to the mid-Cretaceous, about 100 million years ago. It is thought to be closely related to spiders, but outside any living spider clade.[1] The earliest spider fossils are from the Carboniferous, requiring at least a 170 myr ghost lineage with no fossil record. The size of the animal is quite small, being only 2.5 millimetres (0.098 in) in body length, with the tail being about 3 millimetres (0.12 in) in length. These fossils resemble spiders in having two of their key defining features: spinnerets for spinning silk, and a modified male organ on the pedipalp for transferring sperm. At the same time they retain a whip-like tail, rather like that of a whip scorpion and uraraneids. Chimerarachne is not ancestral to spiders, being much younger than the oldest spiders which are known from the Carboniferous, but it appears to be a late survivor of an extinct group which was probably very close to the origins of spiders. It suggests that there used to be spider-like animals with tails which lived alongside true spiders for at least 200 million years.
M466395.jpg
Fossil Image Pulled off Google Source Image
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1VDKB_enUS929US929&sxsrf=APwXEdcysCLaC0cwaHbmtABeO6o6uoY0HQ:1688162662697&q=chimerarachne&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiL3NT-_-v_AhV4FVkFHUXBDmIQ0pQJegQIChAB&biw=960&bih=903&dpr=2#imgrc=yysVI33bAK6ifM

Outro
The Team and I had alot of fun and put some serious dedication into the idea of this creature and we hope you guys like it too, would love to see this come to life in Aberration

Se ve super genial. tiene mucha pinta para ser tipo un boss. Pero la verdad el diseño esta una elegancia la de francia. muy bueno 😄

On 7/7/2023 at 9:20 PM, SoyAldo09 said:

Oh... Por... Dios.. tenga aracnofobia pero tiene que ganar esta criatura si o si!!!

Hey thanks for the kind words, if you're still looking to vote for this creature or any other, you need to make 6 comments total on any post, early bird ranks can only comment 4 times in a 24 hour time span

On 7/7/2023 at 11:13 PM, undercover1224 said:

I vote based on the appearance over abilities (because its usually a game of russian roulette on what makes the final cut) and the concept art looks amazing. Half the submissions make me think they were designed for the fertile region but this thing leans heavily into the dark and dangerous areas of aberration. It'd be a perfect fit for the bio luminescent zone.

Hey man thanks for your enthusiasm I'm glad you like my submission, if you want to still vote on this creature or any other you just need to make 2 more comments to get out of the early bird rank then you'll be able to vote

On 7/8/2023 at 2:59 AM, Lunarachne said:

Would vote for this if I could, so far might not be able to either because my account was just made, or what. I am loving the new design on the Dossier, and this one has always been a big contender for me in the prior voting sessions. This time it was big enough of a push for me to actually log in, though because it could not find my original forum post account, I made a new one. Here is hoping this makes it to the top ten!

If you're still looking to vote just comment 2 more times on any post then you'll be able to

On 7/8/2023 at 3:57 AM, IHATEMERCY817 said:

What can I say I'm delighted with this thing, it's genius and it's perfect for aberration although it can actually enter any map (at least in my opinion) I hope he wins

image.png.6f9af0c48ee1d04dc6ad5ccc19b3ad14.png

Thankyou if you're still looking to vote just comment 2 more times then you can vote

image.png

image.png