On 7/12/2023 at 5:42 PM, Khan0803 said:

Hi everyone!

I'm the creator of concepts for various creatures, and one of these creatures is Ornimegalonyx. It pleases me that people take ideas for such creatures from their modern counterparts.

My Orni and Shockal
`s have a lot in common.
And, so I would like to share my concept:

ACTIVE ABILITIES

First - Bite or Paw Strike (LMB)

Second - Secretion (RMB)

It allows you to be less noticeable to aggressive creatures or turrets by consuming food or stamina and also reduces the detection range by creature detectors by 30%.

Third - "Head Rotation" (C Key)

When this mode is activated, the creature cannot move, but the player can rotate the creature's head, and a crosshair will appear in the screen center, which provides you with several additional functions.

• If you rotate the mouse wheel, the owl can zoom in or out of the camera by reducing or enlarging the pupils of its eyes.
  • If you aim at creatures, it will display their levels, and upon activating a key, Orni can see their stats, similar to HLN-A. A specific animation is played where Ornimegalonyx, like the leveled-up Snow Owl, makes circular head movements.
  • Also, when aiming and activating another key, Orni dives at the creature or character and clings to them like a Deinonychus, holding with one paw while attacking the other, causing a bleeding debuff. Additionally, if Orni dives at a player, it can remove their shoulder-mounted creature, after which it can consume it (wild individuals can also do this).
  • And a new espionage ability, when Orni aims, sounds and speech automatically become louder for Ornimegalonyx and its rider. This ability is based on the fact that owl heads have a disc-shaped structure that helps them capture sounds of different frequencies.

Fourth - the famous owl's "Uh-huh or Hoo" or night vision. (Left Ctrl)
The owl makes a "Hoo" sound when unable to activate night vision during the day.

PASSIVE ABILITIES

First - Ornimegalonyx doesn't make any sounds while moving, which makes it completely silent.

Second - the creature, like Tapejara, can cling to any surface, similar to cliffs or large trees, but it cannot move on them like Megalania or Thylacoleo.

Third - Orni drops owl pellets.

Fourth - Orni has a saddle with a built-in GPS navigator, compass, and map. Additionally, while riding the creature, pressing the P key will place markers on the Ornimegalonyx's map that are unique to this creature only. Moreover, in the creature's menu, there is an option to "Go to selected point/marker." When activated, Ornimegalonyx will fly to the designated location, similar to a "Delivery Crate."

TAMING

The taming method is the same.

You need to feed Ornimegalonyx with shoulder creatures, and the taming effectiveness varies depending on the type of shoulder creature you feed the owl.

List of all shoulder creatures:
Aberrant Dimorphodon,
Aberrant Otter,
Bulbdog,
Compy,
Dimorphodon,
Featherlight,
Ferox,
Glowtail,
Hesperornis,
Ichthyornis,
Jerboa,
Mesopithecus,
Microraptor,
Noglin,
Otter,
Pegomastax,
Shinehorn,
Sinomacrops,
Vulture,
X-Otter.

Message for Shockal. If you want, you can use some of these abilities and ideas for your concept.

This creature concept was created by me even before the release announcement of the ASA and was intended for the Island map and redwood biome, where the creature could inhabit.

Also, my Orni can fly. I added this ability because a flightless Orni resembles the second "Terror bird" for me, but that's not the main reason. The main reason is that I wanted to add more flying birds to the game, and Ornimegalonyx would be one of them, along with Argentavis and Pelagornis.

For people who dk, Snow Owl is a fictional creature, while Ornimegalonyx is a real extinct owl, and I want to see a real owl in the game.

Unfortunately, in voting for the Aberration map, I cannot implement the concept as I imagined it, with the ability to fly for the creature. But if the creature doesn't win in this voting, I would suggest making it a combination of a "good flier" and a "ground runner" instead of arguing with people about which concept is better for Ornimegalonyx.

In any case, I'm glad that people like this creature and that they really want to see it in the game.

So, I have a few questions for Shockal. Do you plan to publish the concept of this creature on other maps if it doesn't win here, and will this concept be changed? Will it include flying abilities?

Thank you for reading this message and responding to it!

I'm not planning to resubmit the Owl for other maps since it was solely designed for Aberration.

• Like 1

a lot of you here, no offense lack brain cells. the creature for this vote is supposed to fit into Aberration! this is a flying creature! aberration is not about flying creatures! did any of yall use ur brains? in what way does a cave map suit a flyer? this will not be not voted in by wildcard. it doesnt suit the map at all in the slightlest. this suits extinction more or another map.

• Facepalm 2