flying in aberration ​🐞​ BALLISTIC BEETLE - Ceafornotensis archratiras - The New Warmachine

Xelz

Suggestion

dossier-ballistic-beetle-completo1.jpg

WIKI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceafornotensis

Common Name: Ballistic Beetle

Species: Ceafornotensis archratiras

Time: Mesozoic

Diet: Omnivor

Temperament: Territorial

dg2nrii-d34bbbc5-4e02-45a4-99d0-1d7f4c63

The Art thanks to DJayMasi, i invite you to take a look at his spectacular drawings at: https://www.deviantart.com/djaymasi

Wild:

"Luckily I didn't have the need to get too close to these huge beetles, they are highly territorial and took control of all the huge roots that extend completely into the Luminous Marshlands area within the bio-luminisence region of the Ark, there is always a couple protecting their larvae or some males wandering through the area.

The diet of these adult creatures is omnivorous, but apparently the larvae, in addition to feeding on the rotten roots, need a good amount of nutrients that only the eggs of the Rock Drake can provide, Ceafornotensis have often been seen stealing eggs from the Nests in the depths of the Spine, in addition to being resistant to radiation, they are one of the few creatures that can fly freely in these dangerous caverns.

The male has an enormous horn and is so powerful that I have seen them launch into the air some Rock Drakes that hungry seek luck with them, while the females seem to have an oily saliva in their jaws that can make their victims sleepy. “

Domesticated:

Only some of the great advanced tribes of the ark that managed to breed their own Ceafornotensis realized its greatest characteristic; a special oil that they secrete from their bodies capable of improving the ammunition and firearms embedded in their mounts and named them Ballistic Beetles, they do not have as much mobility as their main enemy, the rock drake, but their ability to fly and cling to anything surface makes them a highly dangerous and very useful creature.

Thanks to the special oil of the Ballistic Beetle, the ammunition fired from their saddles can be boosted, I have seen from huge Stunning Smoke Screens that help a lot when taming creatures in the ark to huge walls of fire that seem to never go out and Shots so powerful capable of damaging metal structures.

INTRODUCTION

Greetings survivors!

I present to you the Ballistic Beatle (Ceafornotensis archratiras) a prehistoric beetle based on the Bastion Beetle. The main idea of this creature was to present it as a new Bastion Beetle proposal, but unfortunately I couldn't get in touch with the creator, so in order not to disrespect his idea, I decided to separate this creature from his, I give him credits since I'm taking the idea based on a combat beetle similar to yours with the female's cannon ability.

What is the difference between the Bastion Beetle and the Ballistic Beetle?

The idea with the Ballistic Beetle is to bring a new meta for ASA, many of us who were able to experience a real air battle against the Wyvern Crystal Queen within the Crystal Isles map, thanks to the Tropeognathus and its projectile launcher mount, can understand how fun and immersive what I want to present to you.

The general idea is to implement the damage scaling of the Ballistic Beetle to attacks with ammunition, in ARK we already have several creatures with weapons embedded in their saddles, but none of them see their shooting damage benefit from the base damage of their respective creature. Therefore, this would be the first creature implemented in the game with this specialty.

Taming Process:

Ballistic Beetles cannot be tamed as adults, the only way to get hold of one of them is by stealing the larvae and feeding them until they turn into pupae.

In the first place, reaching the larvae is not easy since it is always surrounded by 2 or more guardians, the recommended creature to defeat its guardians is the Rock Drake, due to the complex area where these beetles nest, the Rock Drake will not only deal a good amount of damage but will also protect you from falls caused by the males of the species.

If you choose to use rifles or ranged weapons to defeat the guardians from afar, let me tell you that these creatures take 40% less damage with ballistic weapons, they can fly right at you and tear you to pieces.

Once you manage to defeat the guardians, you can get the larva, but, at this stage, the larvae will only feed on rock drake eggs, the amount varies from 2 to 8 rock drake eggs depending on the level of the larva.

Once transformed into a pupa, you can take them to your base and thus continue their development process, don't worry, the pupa can be picked up as if it were a structure and taken in your inventory to later place it in your base (I'm still not sure if The Cryopods will be implemented at this stage, so I decided to opt for this method to mobilize the creature) at this stage the sexual dimorphism of the Ballistic beetle will be noticed, you can also imprint it by satisfying its cravings.

If you've completed all of the creature's evolutionary phases, congratulations you now have an adult Ballistic Beetle.

Skills and Characteristics:

The adult Ballistic Beetle is capable of flying with great efficiency and maneuverability like a Desmodus, in addition to being the second creature capable of flying inside caves, it can also rest on any surface and move along walls, but much slower than a Rock Drake.

Ballistic Beetles will passively generate Bio-Oil in their inventory similar to the Basilosaurus that can replace normal oil on common use. (Essential in Aberration where it is not easy to get this resource)

40% Ballistic Damage Resistance

Weight reduction of any material by 20%

Reduced ammo weight by 40%

Within the Mount you are immune to hallucinogenic mushroom spores and radiation.

The Ballistic Beetle is the only creature capable of withstanding the surface-hugging flames of Aberration in the daytime, giving you a chance to escape the surface before dying of dehydration from the intense heat.

Male:

Male Ballistics have a huge horn capable of shredding the armor of any enemy and knocking creatures as large as a Reaper back a good distance, this type of beetle can carry up to 10 times its own weight.

Ballistic males strike with their huge horn and every fifth hit they will perform an attack that will apply the shattered armor effect, the male's attack speed is equal to that of the Rock Drake.

- Shattered Armor: Critical hit that deals 200% damage making the creature applies a knock back to species as large as a Reaper, it will also disable the armor of any enemy for 60 seconds (including armored creatures such as stegosaurus, carbonemis and golems ), against players will break their armor.

Male Saddle:

The male Ballistic's saddle will have a special RT20 rifle incorporated that will scale equal to the damage of the creature, it will use normal rifle ammunition that will be enhanced by the natural oil secreted from the creature (this is not a new item, the ammunition is simply placed from the beetle's inventory to charge it up), as well as melee damage, every fifth shot will deal 220% equal damage with 100% armor penetration to any type of creature (this includes armored creatures like stegosaurus , Carbonemys and Golems), the rate of fire is 1 second more delayed than that of a regular Rifle and can be performed while flying.

Attacks and Controls:

Gored

Left Click

¡         â€ĸ The Ballistic Beetle Strikes the target for 50 damage every fifth hit will apply "shattered armor"

Climb
Right Click

¡         â€ĸ Activates the ability to climb walls

Fly/Landing

Space

¡         â€ĸ Pressing once while on the ground activates Fly.

¡         â€ĸ When pressed close to a surface the Ballistic will land, if not used on a flat surface Climb will be activated automatically.

Ballistic Mode

ON/OFF

Left Ctrl

¡         â€ĸ Ballistic mode is activated by changing the sight to the RT20 rifle scope on the saddle.

¡         â€ĸ It is activated and deactivated with the same key.

¡         â€ĸ It can be activated both on the ground and while flying.

Fliying Controls

C/ X

¡         â€ĸ While flying the C key will be used to fly up.

¡         â€ĸ While flying the X key will be used to Descend.

SHOT

(In Ballistic Mode ON)

Left Click

¡         â€ĸ The Ballistic Beetle fires the RT20 rifle on the saddle towards the enemy for 50 damage.

¡         â€ĸ Every fifth shot will apply a Critical Shot that will apply 100% armor penetration to the target and do 110 damage.

Female:

Unlike the male, the female Ballistic does not have a huge horn, but her jaws are larger and she has a special poison that applies the effect of “Ceafornotensis Venom”.

- Ceafornotensis Venom: For each hit, 1 stack of the effect will be added to the enemy, this causes a 10% movement and attack speed reduction in its victim (maximum 30%) and drains 1.5% of maximum life every 6 seconds per stack (max 4.5%), can stack up to 3 times and takes 7 seconds to despawn.

Female Saddle:

The female Ballistic is equipped with a modified MK47 grenade launcher with a barrel extension feature for more power.

This is a semi-automatic grenade launcher unlike the original, since it has the modification that enhances its shot.

2 types of new items are added that would be the ammunition for this creature.

Narcotic Grenade: 1 grenade + 15 narcotics + 50 gunpowder

Penetrating Projectile: 1 rpg missile + 100 gunpowder

The modified MK47 of the Female Ballistic will have 3 different types of Ammo:

- Shot of common grenades powered by the oil of the Ballistic Beetle, they apply 40% of the damage of the creature with a radius of 1.5 meters of area explosion.

- Narcotic Grenades that when they explode leave a cloud of smoke with a radius of 3 meters, each one lasts 60 seconds until it dissipates and any creature or survivor inside will be gradually affected by unconsciousness, the more damage the creature has, the greater the amount of smoke-induced unconsciousness, In addition, any player or creature within the narcotic gas cloud will lose food faster, including sleeping creatures.

- Penetrating Projectile: Unlike the other 2 grenade projectiles that can be fired from the air, to be able to use this type of projectile the Ballistic must be positioned on a surface either on the ground or on some completely immobile surface, it will go into "siege mode" . causing the modified MK47's barrel to extend allowing the shell to be fired. This projectile will have a longer distance unlike the other shots and will do piercing damage to armored creatures, metal structures and will damage tek structures (it can be intercepted with any type of turret), it can also be used to tame Astrocethus, Fasolasuchus and Rock Golems, the weapon's damage is equal to 150% of the Ballistic Beetle's damage and will have a 6 second cooldown per shot.

As an additional detail, the effect of the smoke cloud left by the Narcotic Grenade can be affected by the firing of the common grenade applying an instantaneous combustion of the narcotic cloud, as a result a fire barrier is created that lasts 60 seconds until it is extinguished and that applies constant burn to any creature or survivor within it (can also damage stone structures).

Attacks and Controls:

Bite

Left click

¡         â€ĸ The Ballistic Beetle Bite the target for 50 damage every hit will apply “Ceafornotensis Venom”

Climb

Right Click

¡         â€ĸ Activates the ability to climb walls

Fly/Landing

Space

¡         â€ĸ Pressing once while on the ground activates flight.

¡         â€ĸ When pressed close to a surface the Ballistic will land, if not used on a flat surface Climb will be activated automatically.

Ballistic Mode

ON/OFF

Left Ctrl

¡         â€ĸ Ballistic mode is activated by changing the sight to the Mk47 sight on the saddle.

¡         â€ĸ It is activated and deactivated with the same key.

¡         â€ĸ Can be activated both on the ground and while flying except for Siege mode which will only activate while on a surface.

Fliying Controls

C/ X

¡         â€ĸ While flying the C key will be used to fly up.

¡         â€ĸ While flying the X key will be used to Descend.

SHOT

(In Ballistic Mode ON)

Left Click

¡         â€ĸ Normal Shot: The Ballistic Beetle fires the modified MK47 grenade launcher on the saddle towards the enemy for 20 damage.

¡         â€ĸ Narcotic Shot: Fires a Narcotic Grenade that leaves a Numbing Cloud in a 3 meter radius and dissipates after 60 seconds.

¡         â€ĸ Penetrating Bullet: The Ballistic Beetle fires a powerful penetrating bullet that applies 100% armor penetration for 75 damage.

Ammo Change

(In Ballistic Mode ON)

Q

¡         â€ĸ Changes the type of Ammo of the Ballistic Beettle

Overview

Let's start by analyzing the proposal and explaining some details, the main problem with the idea is that many probably fear that this creature might be abused when used, but there is no need to worry, let's give an example:

- If a Rex at the top of mutations and all its points invested in damage can hit a boss between 4000 - 5000 per bite. The Ballistic Beetle should not exceed 3500 – 4500 damage, remember that unlike the rex, the beetle will use ammunition that IS NOT INFINITE, also its melee attack will not be as fast as a rex.

- Regarding the PVP, the damage of the shots would have to be reduced to 60% towards players so as not to abuse their damage scaling ability, we also have to take into account that the Ballistic, like any creature that can be raised and gain mutations in ARK, it will take a long time to get its maximum stats, besides raising this Beetle will not be as easy as raising a rex, you will need to previously have many rock drake eggs to only breed 1 of them of a good level, remember that the more level the larva has, it will ask for more rock drake eggs until it becomes a pupa, I thought of this idea precisely to avoid the abuse of parenting in the creature.

- One of the most important points to deal with here; It is the theme of FLYING IN ABERRATION, unlike other maps, we have to accept that Aberration, in addition to being an incredible map both in soundtrack and environment, is very rarely used as a main base, except for knowledgeable tribes that take advantage of the large amounts of metal and materials unique to the area such as colored gems, elemental ores and gas balls, if you ask any average ARK player, which map would they choose to make a main base on, very few of them will tell you what ABERRATION, one of the main reasons besides the difficulty of the map, is that you can't use flying creatures here, other people just can't master the rock drake's glide and are overwhelmed by it, the Ballistic is designed to be a purely creature As of Late Game, no player will be able to get a Ballistic without first having a rock drake, even if he managed to get one, the flight speed wouldn't be able to compare to the mobility of a rock drake in this Ark, but it would be giving those players who don't They are capable of dominating a rock drake well, the opportunity to move more calmly around the map, giving them the option of enjoying it more.

- I apologize for the amount of text, but I wanted to make the abilities and my idea with the creature clear, keep in mind that both the male and the female have different abilities, so they are practically 2 new creatures for the map if it arrives to go out if elected.

if anyone can contribute with a drawing for the dossier, everything is welcome.

Edited by Xelz
update

12 replies to this server topic

Honestly this should have been the bastion beetle's first design,idea instead of the turrets on its back would have been amazing to have the horn be its main focus.

Always thought of messing around with flinging rexs,mamoths from its horn like a catapult - almost the same as karkinos and flinging dodos,paras,friends for fun haha.

Edited by Divixons
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Romuluas said:

ÂĄEsta es una idea interesante! Se parece bastante al Bastion Beetle...

that's right, due to the release of the rhyniognatha the insects lost the attention of many people, I tried to contact the creator of Bastion Beetle presenting my idea, but I did not get a response from him, so I decided to create a new beetle giving him credit for the creation base idea.  I mentioned it in my post.

Edited by Xelz

2 hours ago, Divixons said:

Honestly this should have been the bastion beetle's first design,idea instead of the turrets on its back would have been amazing to have the horn be its main focus.

Always thought of messing around with flinging rexs,mamoths from its horn like a catapult - almost the same as karkinos and flinging dodos,paras,friends for fun haha.

the idea came up after making the crystal Wyvern queen with tropeognatus, my friends and I had a lot of fun trying to kill it with only grenade ammo, we don't have in Ark a creature that scales in damage shot, it's always rexes, therizinos or shadowmanes in auto attack, this idea would make the experience against bosses much more entertaining and would give a new meta to the game.